Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   early warning/lookouts (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1349)

sumo0 04-07-2010 08:07 AM

early warning/lookouts

hello, my question is: will there be any early warning systems like lookout towers on my land or scout or something like that to let me know about impending attacks?
also lets say i want to attack someone, will i then gather my army and set it to walk or sail to a location on the map or will it be instanced so that i choose whom to attack and then instance there?

GPS51 04-07-2010 10:32 AM

Hmm for quests you actually have to walk across the world map. I believe the same is true for attacking someone. Also you will be able to be attacked along your route so pick a route without any would be emperors on it.

Negthareas 04-07-2010 11:06 AM

I get the idea though - maybe it could be something researched or upgraded, like the beacon tower in Evony, still, I though the beacon Tower thing was much too obvious. Possibly, you could get warning of an incoming attack, but no info on it. Perhaps you could have the chance to send "scouts" or something to figure out the incoming army. That sounds more realistic.

blackfang 04-07-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negthareas (Post 26764)
I get the idea though - maybe it could be something researched or upgraded, like the beacon tower in Evony, still, I though the beacon Tower thing was much too obvious. Possibly, you could get warning of an incoming attack, but no info on it. Perhaps you could have the chance to send "scouts" or something to figure out the incoming army. That sounds more realistic.

Or carpet smoking people like the indians:D They are like the Morse code an eksample ... . . ... . No idea what it would mean but you can make entire messages with it:D Thus you can find out the enemies with just a bunch of weed smokers with a carpet and a campfire... I bet that they got those guys hidden all over:rolleyes:

irascor 12-04-2010 03:23 PM

i would think that the fact of early warning systems would be a little bit of a spoil to the games atmospere

rtejada 12-04-2010 03:27 PM

i think there should be several ways to know of incoming attacks witht hier own disadvantages... like a tower can see far and notify of an attack but wont be able to tell troop count right away. But sending scouts can but risk the chance of getting killed etc. Having different options available is always a plus in RTS :).

hogtalare5 12-04-2010 03:30 PM

I think its kind of a must to have spoters around your city or else you would be surprise attacked all the time with now way to muster the defence and get your troops home. and your allies should also give you information of enemy movement, its kind of the reason for a alliance.

GPS51 12-04-2010 03:32 PM

I think that you'll be able to see armies headed across the map without any aids. However you may be able to mouse over them to see if they're headed to your city or they may be different colored to distinguish enemies.

Chojin 12-04-2010 03:57 PM

And when we are offline ? How can you be notified you are attacked ?

GPS51 12-04-2010 04:01 PM

You will not be able to be attacked when you are offline.