Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Suggestion thread for Fantasy Friday (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331)

otomotopia 03-20-2010 10:11 AM

Suggestion thread for Fantasy Friday

Hey guys (and gals)! So I've noticed a ton of excellent suggestions for Fantasy Friday 'spotlights'. However, they're pretty spread out throughout the forums. So I decided I'd make (one of) Alex's job(s) easier, and make a thread where we forumulites can suggest features to be highlighted for a Fantasy Friday.

So here's my first suggestion!

I'd love to see the guild system explained and/or demonstrated for a new Fantasy Friday. I know there's a ton of interest in this subject, not to mention I'm personally very interested to know more about it.

Alex Walz 03-20-2010 10:15 AM

I appreciate your suggestions and am always open to hearing recommendations, but as far as guilds... it's a no-go. The reason we've been quiet on guilds and other online features is because our Reverie Online server is not yet at a state ready to show off (we can be rather picky at times). We've read through the discussions, and you can bet that we will be showcasing Guilds as soon as the time is ready. :)

But then again, maybe I could talk to Kon and get all of his mental notes on paper and write up a developer blog entry briefly discussing some of the features that you can expect. ;)

Zeluk 03-20-2010 10:16 AM

I second the motion of having a Guild spotlight, as a matter of fact that's what I would like to see the most.

Also I'm generally for any Fantasy Friday that gives more info out on the Elves, because lets face it all the other races suck!!!:p :rolleyes: ;)

EDIT-Alex beat me to the first post!, aw well. Whenever you guys can get more info out on them would be nice.

Justin 03-20-2010 10:20 AM

If possible i would like to see game footage in fantasy Fridays, they are currently all screenshots but if you can do that why can't you do videos, not only would that just effect the forum but if they were on youtube (I like and I assume you like free video hosting) you would also get more publicity for the game.

otomotopia 03-20-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Walz (Post 26196)
I appreciate your suggestions and am always open to hearing recommendations, but as far as guilds... it's a no-go. The reason we've been quiet on guilds and other online features is because our Reverie Online server is not yet at a state ready to show off (we can be rather picky at times). We've read through the discussions, and you can bet that we will be showcasing Guilds as soon as the time is ready. :)

But then again, maybe I could talk to Kon and get all of his mental notes on paper and write up a developer blog entry briefly discussing some of the features that you can expect. ;)

That would be excellent! I was expecting as such from you guys's hesitation on commenting on it, but all we want is information on what to expect conceptually, results/screens can absolutely come later.

Despite what Dev's usually think, Info is better then screens to most of us. We want to know what to expect, because those pretty screens probably don't show the clipping thats happing in the background, etc. Info is king pre-Beta, because we want to know what to expect after the basics get fixed.

welshie 03-20-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 26199)
If possible i would like to see game footage in fantasy Fridays, they are currently all screenshots but if you can do that why can't you do videos, not only would that just effect the forum but if they were on youtube (I like and I assume you like free video hosting) you would also get more publicity for the game.

As Alex already explained their not currently in a position to do videos as well im affraid many people have asked and been disapointed with the dicision.

Personaly i'd like to see more alone the quests routs, seeing some quest enviroment and what you can look forward when questing. That and i would like a Dev 'v' Dev fight, or tourniment!

Kire 03-20-2010 11:00 AM

Well we havent heard much from water combat didnt we ?=), beside that it would be nice elven range units showcase, more on magic and magic users, elven lands to build castle (as was for humans last time =P), some more from personal castle builder (how does it look and how much choices you have at building it), as said also DoF music.
Well this things came first to my mind =).

DarkMaster 03-20-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Also I'm generally for any Fantasy Friday that gives more info out on the Elves, because lets face it all the other races suck!!!
Except for Men.:cool:

Things I would like:
-Dev (Men) vs. Dev (Elves) vs. Dev (Orcs) For the (Human) win!
-Gameplay footage in general
-More shots of those pretty human farms (My... Preciousss...)
-More stuff about Men in general
-More stuff about castle construction
-Of course, naval combat (possibly fishing?:eek: )
-More stuff in general:D

Especially the last one:)

Negthareas 03-20-2010 03:30 PM

I think the top few for me are:

-naval warfare [either do it or don't do it - have it automated shipping, or have numerous kinds of ships, etc.. Don't try doing something in-between, that will result in sadness.]

-Elvish/Orc. We have gone over man a lot. Lets see a bit more on elves and a bit more on orcs [like defending while orcs, or defending while elves] We have never seen that in a Fanfry.

-It would be nice if magic were shown used in some of the Fanfrys. Up to now it has been cities, towns, and soldiers, and armies. No magic involved.
Just wondering because I have yet no impression of magic in use during a battle.

Puppeteer 03-20-2010 03:31 PM

I'd like to see naval combat, and as I've said before I'd like Reverie to keep their magic... right until the end.