Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are you gonna name your city? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319)

Zeluk 03-05-2010 11:01 PM

What are you gonna name your city?

So as the developers here at Reverie have portrayed this game so far, when a player makes an account they are given a number of slots that they can start, delete, etc. Much like many other MMOs, but in this game their City or Homeland is the MMORTS equivalent to a MMORPG's avatar or toon.

This is just one of the many things that make me so excited about Dawn of Fantasy. Many other games do an adequate job of making you feel like your a king of your respective city or culture. But in an MMORTS such as this all the other kings around you are players. Through little tidbits of info here and there the Developers have given us an insight into what our first few hours will be like. Establishing our first stronghold and learning the ropes of our factions unique abilities and structure, while expanding and growing.

I greatly look forward to these first few hours of building my first city, even more so my first encounter with my neighbors. So I was wondering what are you guys gonna name your first Homeland? If possible what are you going to name your Hero? Since some of you may be my neighbors I'd like to hear from you!

Zeluk 03-05-2010 11:03 PM

So I decided to name my city using Tolkien's Elvish language. Googling "Elivish to English Dictionary" I found a list of words from which to draw from. I came up with this:

"Fenn Athan Amar" Which roughly translates as "Threshold (to) Beyond (the) World". "To" and "The" not being listed, so I just added them with (). Which I may just group altogether like Fenn'Athan'Amar, which is probably grammatically incorrect but it looks better in my opinion.

Threshold meaning:

2 a : gate, door b (1) : end, boundary; specifically : the end of a runway (2) : the place or point of entering or beginning : outset

I chose those words because I would like to put my City on the border between the Elven realm of Bilt'Ranta Na and the Orcish lands of Thikken Dal, between the cities of Uttal Astras and Grintak. Basically, from a strategic and roleplay perspective I'm setting myself up as a Elven outpost of the forces of Uttal Astras (my Elven Account's home city, from purely a rp perspective), as the front line defense of an Orc incursion or staging area for a campaign into Thikken Dal. Also for more practical terms it gives me immediate access to the city of Uttal Astras for quests and supplies and I am in a prime position to begin my Orc Genocide!!!!

Here's a link to a map showing roughly where I plan to put my city so you can see what I'm talking about. the black "X" being where my city will be....if given the choice. All of this is just speculation on my part, I don't even know how much of a say I will be given as to where to put my city. But in the off-hand chance of my dreams coming true then all of you Orc players better be on the lookout for Elven raiders flying my banner!

zach12wqasxz 03-06-2010 12:03 AM

i think my homeland will be called......i have no idea actually, ill have to think of something clever though. and as for my heroes name, no idea either lol

szebus 03-06-2010 12:49 AM

"Nopia" would be a possible name.

Kire 03-06-2010 03:50 AM

First thing that came to my mind was Lordaeron, but i will not use it cuz want to create my own. Well making names takes for me the longest time .... lul even sometimes whole day before start playing and sometimes i just delete high lvl stuff if i dont like their name. And i havent excluded Erikland yet =P. Nothing more creative came to my mind yet. If possible, i will name my hero Erik or Kire =).

nickson104 03-06-2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kire (Post 25522)
First thing that came to my mind was Lordaeron, but i will not use it cuz want to create my own. Well making names takes for me the longest time .... lul even sometimes whole day before start playing and sometimes i just delete high lvl stuff if i dont like their name. And i havent excluded Erikland yet =P. Nothing more creative came to my mind yet. If possible, i will name my hero Erik or Kire =).

Oh wow... i JUST realise that kire is erik backwards :eek: im so stupid... :D

I think i will go for something that sounds especially fantasy.... ('We will charge the gates of ____') that is the line that you must think of when you name your city... Either that or ('We will storm the village of ___') :D

Puppeteer 03-06-2010 06:02 AM

Well, it'll end up like how I name characters on Oblivion - it always seems to start with a 'V' and contain a 'll' somewhere...
Either that, or Manwood :p

blackfang 03-06-2010 07:26 AM

villy? Anyways my human town will be called lorelay because i love blackmore's night. My hero will be named ragnar or something cooler i just gotta wait and see. My orc village will be named Dreadmaw and my orc hero would be named lolita:D

Negthareas 03-06-2010 08:57 AM

My city will be named "Yerathu". In my fantasy world, it was once a great capital city, but was sacked in a huge battle involvoing 700,000 soldiers. It was abandoned after this battle, because it was so inundated with corpses and blood. A hundred years later, it was destroyed by earthquake and buried in magma.

LiTos456 03-06-2010 09:03 AM

I might name it after my home city, Sumy.