Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   individual Unit/spell Videos (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1237)

Pilgrim 01-23-2010 07:34 AM

individual Unit/spell Videos

How about short videos for the website, not meant to be trailers. I remeber EA uploaded short videos of BFME just to show of some of their new stuff.

One of the best just focused on one ogre and one group of swordsmen to show off how an ogre could pick up a tree, scare them, and then send them flying.

zach12wqasxz 01-23-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilgrim (Post 23287)
How about short videos for the website, not meant to be trailers. I remeber EA uploaded short videos of BFME just to show of some of their new stuff.

One of the best just focused on one ogre and one group of swordsmen to show off how an ogre could pick up a tree, scare them, and then send them flying.

that would be really cool, i hope they post some videos on the magic part of the game, we have seen very little on it

szebus 01-23-2010 09:52 AM

It is a great idea, hopefully the dews will have the possibility to show us some similar videos.

Kire 01-23-2010 10:05 AM

Yup i also like this idea, tho they include at fantasy friday 1 overview and 1 short video. Tho since the fantasy friday always come on saturday early morning i dont think they have much time to give more things. But it would be nice if they would =P.
Elvish staircase fight video!!! =)

Alex Walz 01-23-2010 01:38 PM

We've toyed around with unit video showcases and produced one for the elven infantry units, but decided that it would be best to put all video material on hold while our developers work on polishing animations, balance, and clipping issues and for a lack of resources.

wills370 01-23-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Walz (Post 23307)
We've toyed around with unit video showcases and produced one for the elven infantry units, but decided that it would be best to put all video material on hold while our developers work on polishing animations, balance, and clipping issues and for a lack of resources.

Sounds like a good idea. Have plenty of time to clip together a clip of speels etc once marketing startes etc. :)

Besides looking forward to having a few suprises. :)

Pilgrim 01-23-2010 02:54 PM

Understood. Kire, can you give a link to any of those short clips you mention? They don't ring a bell.

Kire 01-23-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilgrim (Post 23311)
Understood. Kire, can you give a link to any of those short clips you mention? They don't ring a bell.

Huh yea i made strange meaning there =P ..... i mean that it would be nice if they would include beside 1 usual fantasy friday overview also 1 this short video clip.

Pilgrim 01-23-2010 04:44 PM

LOL :D I see
=)

Aametherar 01-24-2010 07:31 AM

Seems like quite a bit of work, something that'd be good for an underling...LITOS GET OVER HERE! heheh, joking. I think waiting for polishing is a good idea, there's already vids of DOF out with older stuff, it's important to get things looking spiffy for the next ones.