Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dwarves -.- (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1215)

Pilgrim 01-12-2010 04:35 AM

Dwarves -.-

Although I'm guessing Dwarves are planned for the expantion. Why do developers always leave dwarves out? tt. First Warcraft iii, then battle for middle earth (the decent version) and now dawn of fantasy.

oh well, you can't have everything XD.. now i'm off to investigate why people keep talking about a race of dragons in this forum!

welshie 01-12-2010 05:54 AM

because they dont have time to include them thats why dragons were dropped. im sure they could be added easily in a expansion as there are dwarven lands

Josh Warner 01-12-2010 05:56 AM

Dwarf mercenaries as well as dragon mercenaries will likely exist, as for them being their own races only time will tell.

blackfang 01-12-2010 06:15 AM

hopefully time will tell "yes":D

Konstantin Fomenko 01-12-2010 09:37 AM

Actually we can now confirm that both Dwarfs and Dragon will be making an appearance, with explorable regions and some unit variety in the game.

To put this into perspective - you`ll be able to send your armies to the Dragon mountains realm, or march them through the Dwarven caves and mines - as well as fight again/recruit their units.

However until an unconfirmed expansion pack - you won`t be able to visit or siege their Strongholds, or to form a new town playing as Dwarfs or Dragons.

Jack 01-12-2010 09:39 AM

in almost every game i have, dwarves are left behind and are not a front race.
they take a part in the story but are not playeble
it's just unfair :mad:

Pilgrim 01-12-2010 09:55 AM

:p
I suppose if you have to axe either humans, elves, orcs or dwarves then the logical choice is dwarves. I just hope they are the next in line.

As for dragons.. weird but interesting idea. Is there anywhere I can read about the original concept of a playable race of dragons?

massenic 01-12-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 22663)
To put this into perspective - you`ll be able to send your armies to the Dragon mountains realm, or march them through the Dwarven caves and mines - as well as fight again/recruit their units.

So the dwarf cities will be underground? I'm wondering how the fighting would work. Will you have to travel into the cave and will the game map than be loaded as a map completely inside the cave?

zach12wqasxz 01-12-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massenic (Post 22671)
So the dwarf cities will be underground? I'm wondering how the fighting would work. Will you have to travel into the cave and will the game map than be loaded as a map completely inside the cave?

well, in a lot of books and fantasy tales, the dwarves had massive fortresses and cities built inside even bigger mountains, so im sure they would make the camera and stlye just like they would on top an ocean during a navy battle, or above a city in a siege

Kaznafein 01-12-2010 01:56 PM

What other races can you confirm:cool: that arent actually playable. That will be making an apperance. I'm hoping for a playable dark elf race eventually not like the ones in WOW but an underground elf. This race would not be freindly with the above dwelling elves and have more of an evil based nature. As in dealing with the orcs but not realy trusting them and believing themselves to be above them.