Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any info about guilds or clans? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194)

Unen 01-03-2010 05:31 PM

Any info about guilds or clans?

Just wondering if there's any info about how are guilds/clans going to work (assuming they're incorporated in the game) but beyond the generic mmo guild structure is there going to be anything special such as guild quests, guild tools (such as group calendar), guild levels and benefits/talents (such as if you're in a level 10 guild your guards are stronger or you gain extra resources)?

LiTos456 01-03-2010 07:48 PM

We've heard little as of now, but I don't think DoF will leave such an important aspect out.
Also, Dof source is going to have a guild system where you can basically register your guild so that it will appear there if someone wants to go look for a guild to join. Basically we're hoping all guild leaders will register their clans so people can then find them in the database.

zach12wqasxz 01-03-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 22139)
We've heard little as of now, but I don't think DoF will leave such an important aspect out.
Also, Dof source is going to have a guild system where you can basically register your guild so that it will appear there if someone wants to go look for a guild to join. Basically we're hoping all guild leaders will register their clans so people can then find them in the database.

so like if i wanted to join a clan in game, but i wanted more info first i could go to your site (if there registered) and read about them?

Darathor 01-03-2010 08:35 PM

There will be guilds. I believe there will be a separate guild channel to talk to your guildmates in. As for tools, as far as I know, guilds will only be able to offer help doing quests, waging war, lending resources, and giving engaging conversation. They haven't specified exactly what guilds can do.

LiTos456 01-03-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz (Post 22143)
so like if i wanted to join a clan in game, but i wanted more info first i could go to your site (if there registered) and read about them?

Yes, and you will also be able to register yourself as a member of their clan (or request membership through our site).
So it's basically like a global DoF Community clan database with various functions to record data and manage the clan.

massenic 01-04-2010 10:06 AM

Oh. Really great that your going to get all that on one site.

About the clans. I also think something like that will not be left out in a MMO game. I have the greatest confidence that it'll be a good clan system.

blackfang 01-04-2010 10:14 AM

massenic after we depleted our soldier pools, how about we get together two guilds for the purpose of all out warfare? It would be fun:p

GPS51 01-04-2010 10:57 AM

I'd like to volunteer my guild for hire in the upcoming guild wars ;)

blackfang 01-04-2010 10:58 AM

well we will see:) it would anyways just be to test out all out war:D

zach12wqasxz 01-04-2010 11:35 AM

i have already decided my guild name that i will be creating the day DOF comes out, Band of Brothers, and im hopeing its a name that will be said in fear. now alls i need is a rival alliance/guild :D