Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Windowed Mode (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193)

Arctopus 01-03-2010 10:36 AM

Windowed Mode

I'd love to have a windowed mode option in Dawn of Fantasy.
A lot games nowadays don't have this function, you have to edit config files in either the game folder or somewhere hidden in /appdata/.

Unen 01-03-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fecility (Post 22118)
I'd love to have a windowed mode option in Dawn of Fantasy.
A lot games nowadays don't have this function, you have to edit config files in either the game folder or somewhere hidden in /appdata/.

Really? 99% of the games I play (and 100% of mmos) have windowed modes.

Chris Harshman 01-03-2010 05:05 PM

Even if there is no toggle with games, adding -w to the target in the shortcut will put the game in Windows Mode.

Arctopus 01-04-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harshman (Post 22133)
Even if there is no toggle with games, adding -w to the target in the shortcut will put the game in Windows Mode.

There are games which don't support this because the splashscreen somehow blocks it. For example call of cthulhu, you have to use certain software to run it windowed.

walkermore 11-09-2010 12:25 AM

Each time a description of the change, there are always lots of talk about it anywhere. These are not exempt. A statement usually find is the following: "I have to change versions almost immediately, so I do not get up to date I'll keep waiting target ..

Kyzarin 11-12-2010 04:27 PM

I'll generally run the game full screen, but it's definitely nice to have the ability to run the game windowed when I want to be able to quickly flip between it and another program (like a quest guide). I'd say have full screen be default, but give the ability to switch to windowed in the options menu, in the updater or in the game itself (I'm assuming this game to be like many MMO's with an updater/autopatcher which allows the game to be launched when it's up to date).

Gr4Ss 12-04-2010 05:30 PM

Add in windowed mode and also no border. It's like playing full screen with the ability to minimize your game without crashing half of the time.

efz88 12-04-2010 09:22 PM

If only ALT+TAB was reliable.

szebus 12-05-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harshman (Post 22133)

And it is sure that will work for DoF ? It would be a great addition.

atsumok 01-22-2011 08:16 PM

Window mode is a must for a lot of players like me i think it would almost have to be in this game for a lot of players