Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Auto scout butten (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174)

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr 12-20-2009 11:48 PM

Auto scout butten

I was wondering if there will be a button in the game called auto scout where a unit explores the map. If you are going to have this feature that would be so helpful. So I'm asking will there be a button or not?

Jack 12-21-2009 05:24 AM

i hope so
it would be handy too if there are scout units for each race
all bad of course because els you would have a army from fast, strong and skilled scouts:D

zach12wqasxz 12-21-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr (Post 21777)
I was wondering if there will be a button in the game called auto scout where a unit explores the map. If you are going to have this feature that would be so helpful. So I'm asking will there be a button or not?

it would suck when ur scout stumbles into a orc horde camp,......bye bye scout :D

GPS51 12-21-2009 08:24 AM

Haha yeah but then you know just where that horde is. I hope they put an auto explore button in. I loved that feature in RON.

bikkebakke 12-21-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz (Post 21783)
it would suck when ur scout stumbles into a orc horde camp,......bye bye scout :D

well there is a possibility that they put som AI on the scout, so if he spots enemy troops he runs the other way... It doesn't have to be the very intelligent scouts that empire earth have.

**Oh look this is a new place, oh look new place again, oh another new place, oh look I haven't seen this person before, whats this long sharp thing you are pointing at me? Is it a welcoming si - splatt**

Darathor 12-21-2009 09:57 AM

While an auto explore button would be useful to some, I wouldn't use it much, I prefer to follow my scouts progress rather closely and send them where I want them to go. I don't think that I would click a button that made them just run around looking at stuff. I like to do it precisely. It's not really necessary, you can do it by yourself fine and wouldn't be too hard, just click ctrl or shift, depending on the game, and tell them to move to a bunch of places in the minimap, would do about the same thing.

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr 12-21-2009 10:02 AM

I'm just asking because if the maps are massive like somewhere in empire earth it could be really really helpful or couldn't be helpful (ect walls forming a border in the center or something) but yeah i would find this useful if your trying to like make your economy like in games like aom and then you gotta tell your scout what to do just wastes time.

Joseph Visscher 12-21-2009 10:03 AM

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr I will have to disagree with this entire feature, because this is a skill that players learn to become better at. Noobs do not scout the map, Pros/Hardcore players do and therefore know whats going on and can act upon it; A pro would scout his Orc enemy and see that he has 12 Warg Pits, and this pro would build +30 anti-calvary Halberdiers to slaughter the incoming Wargs. While the noob would not scout and gets pillaged and burned by a mass of hungry Wargs and Slayers.

No I think this feature will be made only for AI. It is to overpowering to the new player/lazy player.

Jack 12-21-2009 10:05 AM

it would be cool if that scout unit has a intelligence that if he spot a camp
he hide his self and than i take a few minetes and after that he has a report of the enemy camp and comes back

Puppeteer 12-21-2009 01:37 PM

I loathe automatic systems, where the AI takes care of the fundamental actions which are key to determining a player's skill. In my books, scouting is one of them. As is auto-retreat, unfortunately I think you're adding that in :p Auto-scatter troops, say from a volley of arrow, is fine by me though!