Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sequel? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1156)

zach12wqasxz 12-09-2009 04:27 PM

Sequel?

IF reverie makes a sequel. how would a sequel affect the first game? say that this game becomes an instant success when it comes out, whats gonna happen to the MMO version of the first game? is the sequel gonna have its own MMO game, serpeate form the old one? or will the sequel add to the first game? how will that work out?

Konstantin Fomenko 12-09-2009 05:31 PM

Since we are including micro transactions into DoF 1 - whichever way things go it makes sense for to financially support DoF 1 - as long as there is a player base - so no need to worry. Besides as a first title we got to do our best to patch and update things to earn a good reputation.

With regard to DoF 2 (if there is a sequel) - it will be completely stand alone from DoF 1.

Jean=A=Luc 12-09-2009 05:49 PM

Don't worry, they won't pull a "Left for Dead 2" on us. :p

zach12wqasxz 12-09-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 21478)
Since we are including micro transactions into DoF 1 - whichever way things go it makes sense for to financially support DoF 1 - as long as there is a player base - so no need to worry. Besides as a first title we got to do our best to patch and update things to earn a good reputation.

With regard to DoF 2 (if there is a sequel) - it will be completely stand alone from DoF 1.

is there a possibility that the expansions be similar to EvE online? as in they update the game regularly, fixing glitches adding new game content and updating the graphics as time passes on? all for free?

wills370 12-09-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz (Post 21489)
is there a possibility that the expansions be similar to EvE online? as in they update the game regularly, fixing glitches adding new game content and updating the graphics as time passes on? all for free?

i would imagine the graphics and glitches would be free updates but it would all be funded by the etra game content being bought as part of expansions and finiancial contribution in game by players. :)

Jean=A=Luc 12-09-2009 10:18 PM

EvE is hardly free. If MMOs began charging for their patches and content in addition to the monthly fee nobody would play them. Well, almost nobody.

LiTos456 12-10-2009 02:13 PM

Why do you need a sequel for an MMO game. All you need to do is make patches and expansions. And if there is an ability for a graphic update, it'd be a huge patch. No need to release a DoF 1.5 type of game... I hate developers who do that. It just rips off money. Unless there's a proper story that it needs to continue.

Aametherar 12-10-2009 03:11 PM

I agree with what litos said, the only idiots who try to pull that off is blizzard because a lot of the players they're dealing with have never played any other real online games outside of WOW they can get away with it (that and the addiction). I don't know of many gamers who would tolerate that in any game. As for the sequel itself, isn't it a bit early for talks of sequels?

wills370 12-10-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aametherar (Post 21534)
I agree with what litos said, the only idiots who try to pull that off is blizzard because a lot of the players they're dealing with have never played any other real online games outside of WOW they can get away with it (that and the addiction). I don't know of many gamers who would tolerate that in any game. As for the sequel itself, isn't it a bit early for talks of sequels?

true. Also have it in dragon age originsits not been out 2 seconds and there is already a hell of a lot of expanssion for its release. (it even has a major one out christmas). That will drain money but i think depending on the quality and level of expansion it can be worth the money. (e.g. ads an extra 20+ hours =to another game) level of expansion

zach12wqasxz 12-10-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 21503)
EvE is hardly free. If MMOs began charging for their patches and content in addition to the monthly fee nobody would play them. Well, almost nobody.

i never said eve was free i said the expansions are free, as in they dont charge you specifially for expansions. they do charge you a monthly fee, but so do a lot of other games that charge for expansions as well