Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Windows 7 Compatible? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1147)

zach12wqasxz 12-08-2009 07:15 PM

Windows 7 Compatible?

i know it probably will be, but i just wanna make sure, and also will the game run better on XP or 7? as i haven't used 7 yet and was considering of upgrading from a vista. if not then ill just downgrade to an XP. i want my computer to run the game as smooth as possible

Darvin 12-08-2009 11:45 PM

Don't worry about this. I'm certain that it will support all three of XP, Vista, and 7. As for which one will perform better, that's a tough one to call. It's well known that Vista is a bit of a hog on your RAM, but otherwise most benchmarks I've seen have put all three pretty close.

raving 12-09-2009 12:20 PM

well windows 7 should take less of ur ram, but if its bugfree thats another question lolz ^^.

LiTos456 12-09-2009 01:40 PM

Yeah I've asked about this. It works with Windows 7.

Unen 12-22-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz (Post 21415)
i know it probably will be, but i just wanna make sure, and also will the game run better on XP or 7? as i haven't used 7 yet and was considering of upgrading from a vista. if not then ill just downgrade to an XP. i want my computer to run the game as smooth as possible

Id honestly just upgrade to windows 7. I'm currently running it and I'm in love with it, Ive only had issues installing one or two games (sacred 2 is the only one I can think of) but I've also ran into a lot less minor bugs/errors than when I used XP. If you're still Iffy then you can wait till beta starts and the remove any NDAs (assuming that there is one) that they have and ill post about how its running on 7 (I got into first stage of beta).

Henry Martin 12-22-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 21417)
Don't worry about this. I'm certain that it will support all three of XP, Vista, and 7. As for which one will perform better, that's a tough one to call. It's well known that Vista is a bit of a hog on your RAM, but otherwise most benchmarks I've seen have put all three pretty close.

The reason it seems that windows vista is using a lot of RAM is that is keeps running programs through it. By doing this when you load up an app it loads up right away instead of like XP which empties the RAM so when when you open something there is a delay(sometimes it takes long) to find the app and load it up. windows vista RAM usage is more efficient than XP.

You can look it up if you want to. I here "SO" many people talking about this and I just wanted people to know what is actually going on.

Dylan Bales 12-22-2009 04:22 PM

I personally think the game works better on Windows 7 than on Windows XP or windows Vista, but I think Joseph or someone else higher than me would be better to ask about this.

Darvin 12-22-2009 05:48 PM

What you want to look at are benchmarks. The ones I've seen have put all three Windows in the same range. Aside from OpenGL support (one of the only places that XP definitively outperforms both Vista and 7) they're virtually indistinguishable. Most of the ones I read put 7 ahead of its predecessors overall (that's to be expected) but not by any considerable margin.

Bottom line is that your hardware is going to mean a hundred times more than your operating system towards what performance you will get out of the game.

Henry Martin 12-22-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 21824)
What you want to look at are benchmarks. The ones I've seen have put all three Windows in the same range. Aside from OpenGL support (one of the only places that XP definitively outperforms both Vista and 7) they're virtually indistinguishable. Most of the ones I read put 7 ahead of its predecessors overall (that's to be expected) but not by any considerable margin.

Bottom line is that your hardware is going to mean a hundred times more than your operating system towards what performance you will get out of the game.

Yes I know that. I am upgrading my laptop to windows 7. I was just pointing out something that a lot of people don't know about and bash (not that you were). I found XP worse the vista. I also know that benchmarks don't me anything if you can't run the program either.

zach12wqasxz 12-22-2009 06:31 PM

wow guys thanks for all the information.
i think im gonna upgrade to windows 7