Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DoFSource exclusive presents - Fire Propagation (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1088)

LiTos456 11-05-2009 09:42 PM

DoFSource exclusive presents - Fire Propagation

Hey everyone!
Today we'd like to show you what RWS gave us the pleasure of presenting - the long awaited Fire Propagation media release that Joseph Visscher kept bragging about in the last two weeks.
We have 8 screenshots to show you, this is also because media releases from now on will be less in screenshots but will come around more often.
I'm going to make my life easier and link you straight to our exclusive screenshot gallery over at DoFSource. You will see the images immediately, each titled "Fire Prop". When you click on a thumbnail you will be able to read a brief description about the image, most of which are developer comments. You can scroll through using the >> and << buttons on the top right-hand corner.
Enjoy, and we all hope you like this fantastic media release - it makes me feel like Far Cry 2 all over again. :)

wills370 11-06-2009 01:17 AM

[quote=LiTos456;20438]Hey everyone!
Today we'd like to show you what RWS gave us the pleasure of presenting - the long awaited Fire Propagation media release that Joseph Visscher kept bragging about in the last two weeks.
QUOTE]

Wow looks amazing.fir is one of the hardest elements to get right but looks like they have pulled it right off :D. If you have a castle close to the forest (like the elves). Will the fire jump over onto the walls etc. And possibly destroy the whole castle (deviouse plan in the making:P) and also. Cab you set troops or wells to combat this?

SvN 11-06-2009 09:28 AM

there you go:

Quote:

Posting any sort of advertising will be removed and the poster may be banned as well.

Puppeteer 11-06-2009 12:27 PM

It's so painfully slow loading I can't view it right now, I'll try later. It's not the first time.
I still resent the idea of 'exclusive' screenshots - I'll compromise: perhaps after a certain time period (e.g. a fortnight) post these on this website?

LiTos456 11-06-2009 02:27 PM

I wonder if I post direct links to the images it will work for you?
Also SvN, what does that have to do with anything?

Try these links:
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8

Puppeteer 11-06-2009 05:12 PM

Oh that's much better, plus you can still just click on the image and it'll close. Nice work.
I'm loving the pond with the lily pads.

Josh Warner 11-06-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvN (Post 20449)
there you go:

Was this directed at litos or was a bot in the thread or something and removed?

If it was towards Litos, this is the fan site announcement sub-forum. It would be pretty empty without fan site announcements :p

LiTos456 11-06-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 20470)
Oh that's much better, plus you can still just click on the image and it'll close. Nice work.
I'm loving the pond with the lily pads.

Check it again, I made a mistake in the links, 3 and 4 were the same image. I think you missed the actual #3.

The Witch King of Angmar 11-06-2009 08:09 PM

Very nice screens guys. However, I wonder how long it takes a tree to burn?

Thanks

Josh Warner 11-07-2009 04:32 PM

I can't go into specifics, but remember - it's dynamic fire, not just fire. Which means how quickly it burns something depends on it's health, and the 'heat' of the fire which is determined by what it's currently burning and how much fuel is left.