Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do maps work in MMORTS mode? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1076)

deathshroud 10-27-2009 03:17 PM

How do maps work in MMORTS mode?

Im sure tihs has been answered before but i couldnt find it :(

How will the maps that players fight over work in DOF MMORTS mode.

Will they be a combination of made maps (for cities) and random genereated (for outside cities) or are there a set number of specific maps trhat can be played over in MMORTS mode that are based on provinces in the world?

The Witch King of Angmar 10-27-2009 07:17 PM

It will all be based off of a 3D map and each region will have a map. Correct me if I'm wrong or inaccurate.

Thanks

Blatant7 10-27-2009 07:26 PM

I think you're right.

LiTos456 10-28-2009 01:30 PM

Think Mount&Blade. You walk your army around using the map and you can jump into the actual area at any time.

wills370 10-29-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 20283)
Think Mount&Blade. You walk your army around using the map and you can jump into the actual area at any time.

could be a mix of the two. If the world map shows armies moving around (but only around 10% of those actually roaming. Will you enter a fight when you come across armies that are now shown? Just occured to me.

Konstantin Fomenko 10-29-2009 07:43 AM

Yeah - think Mount and Blade, Total War, Knights of Honor - and countless types of other games like that.

Darathor 10-29-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wills370 (Post 20304)
could be a mix of the two. If the world map shows armies moving around (but only around 10% of those actually roaming. Will you enter a fight when you come across armies that are now shown? Just occured to me.

I'm pretty sure that you have to attack them, not bump into them.

Supreme 10-30-2009 04:34 AM

Yea, though it'd pretty awesome & chaotic to make it like that id doubt it'd be possible right now.

Swift sword 11-06-2009 08:33 PM

Each city has an automatically generated map for it right? And, does that map have a set size or does it grow along with the city?

Just occured to me to ask :o Sorry if its been answered already.

wills370 11-07-2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swift sword (Post 20490)
Each city has an automatically generated map for it right? And, does that map have a set size or does it grow along with the city?

Just occured to me to ask :o Sorry if its been answered already.

yes the maps are generated but they follow a specific layout for that particular settlement depending on the location within the kingdom. Also the enviroment does gro in the event of you either chopping trees or burning down so from that respect the map does grow along with you. How far that system will travel (if forests can expand etc) is anyones guess. so better get a few foresters to keep them in line :d