Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Complex questions? and theories? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107)

iceblast 09-14-2007 12:23 PM

Complex questions? and theories?

:rolleyes:

Question 0ne.

as some know dreamer left ip (not that u care) and ip is rapidly dying, but will dawn of fantasy allow "mapping, modding clans"

Question Two.

some "sneaky" bast..ds like to mod games that cant normally be modded, will dawn of fantasy allow mods or is it anti mod

Question Three

what exactly are elves are they a fine resemblance to the bfme2 elves or are they like the midget elves who are in alice in wonderland

Sharku 09-14-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceblast (Post 1809)
:rolleyes:

Question 0ne.

as some know dreamer left ip (not that u care) and ip is rapidly dying, but will dawn of fantasy allow "mapping, modding clans"

Question Two.

some "sneaky" bast..ds like to mod games that cant normally be modded, will dawn of fantasy allow mods or is it anti mod

Question Three

what exactly are elves are they a fine resemblance to the bfme2 elves or are they like the midget elves who are in alice in wonderland

1. Don't really understand the question, wait for some one else.

2. DoF has a mapping system very similar to WC3 and as many know WC3 was extremely easy to map and mod.

3. Elves will be made up of the Wood Elves and High Elves. In terms of stature they will be like B4ME Elves, but not in gameplay or lore.

The Witch King of Angmar 09-14-2007 07:26 PM

I don't see why Reverie wouldn't allow mapping clans so I'd say yes to question 1.

Darvin 09-15-2007 01:40 AM

Half of the time I find clan systems are informal to begin with; players are the ones who keep the rosters and the score tallies. Beyond that, even when there are "official" clans, I find you often don't get anything out of a clan setup if you're not playing ladder.

Don't worry about this issue, I'm sure there will be a robust mapping community for this game, regardless of what clan features are set up.

iceblast 09-15-2007 09:23 AM

thxs for answering my questions ;P

Ryan Zelazny 09-17-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Question 0ne.

Yes, we will allow mapping and modding clans. We are planning an extensive part to Reverie Online that will allow modding communities (clans or whatever you'd like to call them) to maximize their production by using tools like our own Virtual Office software we are developing.

Quote:

Question Two.

DoF will allow mods, you will easily be able to modify DoF to create entirely seperate games, much like Half-Life has been modded for many many games.

Quote:

Question Three

Elves are more like LotR elves yes, we have a mixture of two classic elven races in our faction, Wood Elves and High Elves. Wood Elves generally rely on nature and use druidic magic. High Elves practice sorcery and use metals and other various materials to create their homes and armor.

SPARROW94 09-18-2007 05:19 PM

lol so theres 2 elv factions im confused

jap88 09-18-2007 05:35 PM

no, theres just one elven faction, the two types are included in the same faction.

Joseph Visscher 09-18-2007 05:50 PM

Dawn of fantasy is very easy to mod and create maps. it will be a lot less complex then something like the SAGE engine. (cnc3,bfme1-2, & generals)

Puppeteer 09-20-2007 02:48 PM

Yes, ice is correct IP is dying. Lord knows if it will still exist by the time Dawn of Fantasy comes out.