Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Harbour Cities (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068)

PirateofCheem 10-20-2009 08:41 AM

Harbour Cities

Maybe people could hire ships from cities situated along the coast. I don't reckon building cities along the coast should be allowed otherwise players might get an advantage.

Some pirate towns or cities could be made, which raid the coasts. Maybe a possible quest could be used to either help them or attempt to destroy them.

I'm sorry if this has been suggested before, as I couldn't find it anywhere, so here I am suggesting it.

SvN 10-20-2009 09:59 AM

I'm really hoping for harbourcities and islandfortresses. Your idea is really awsome, let us hope the devs will include something like this.:)

Darkes 10-20-2009 11:21 AM

Very nice idea!!!:D

Kire 10-20-2009 03:35 PM

Maybe as 4th option (like one if is in mountain than you have better magic..... in forest than better archers..... (as there are 3 options to where your castle would be now i guess)) and here if you are by sea you have improved ships/trade/natural defense.....

Puppeteer 10-20-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

like one if is in mountain than you have better magic.....
What?
Quote:

in forest than better archers.....
What?

These follow the same logic (or lack thereof) of giving female peasants decreased productivity as lumberjacks but increased productivity as farmers, compared to their male counterparts. In other words, this is nonsense.
Just because you live in higher altitudes this does not mean your fireball will go further, cause more damage or cost less to cast. Just because you live in a forest this does not mean your archers will be better (I'm curious as to what were you thinking: higher damage, longer range, better accuracy etc.?). Archers/magic from one region will only be better than other regions' counterparts if that particular region focuses on archery/magic with research and practice, which is not inherently defined by the environment where they live.

sneaky_squirrel 10-20-2009 04:01 PM

If I am correct, fire is harder to have in higher altitudes due to low oxygen, in other words, the higher you get, the less effective fire should be.

The Witch King of Angmar 10-20-2009 04:45 PM

Overall, it just doesn't make any sense. I could see stealth, maybe, from being the forest but that would be for your units only.

Josh Warner 10-20-2009 05:59 PM

I can see a region having better units because of the geography in some cases. A region that's all flat and open would be better suited to cavalry units for example, so the residents might focus on that for obvious reasons. This sort of thing doesn't really apply in all cases. As puppeteer suggested, what the residents of the region have focused on for whatever reason based on the lore will play a part in it too, not just geography. Expect some of both I'd say.

Darathor 10-20-2009 06:13 PM

I know one NPC city is next to the sea and could be classified as a port. I hope there will be island and coastal cities that we can make. It would make it interesting and let players that want to be more seafaring. The idea of attacks by sea is cool.

Supreme 10-21-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 20143)
These follow the same logic (or lack thereof) of giving female peasants decreased productivity as lumberjacks but increased productivity as farmers, compared to their male counterparts. In other words, this is nonsense.

Yes, they should have decreased productivity in general.