Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some questions about the game (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1067)

PirateofCheem 10-20-2009 04:36 AM

Some questions about the game
 
In a screenshot there were a few ogres on towers in a castle. How did they get up there?

Are the wooden stakes that surround some cities just for looks or do they do damage to enemies?

Are resources permanent (In MMO and otherwise) Like will cities have a permanent flow of wood and gold if they can secure areas on the map, or will they run out eventually?

For heroes/generals, can players choose if they want them to use a sword, a bow and so on?

For heroes/generals, will they be able to take on a couple of units before dying like Age of Mythology, or potentially take on hundreds of units before dying like BFME 2, or hopefully somewhere in between?

What is influence? I've search in the faq and everythin but can't seem to find out what it is? link to it please?

Last question, is there a place I should be asking these questions at instead?

Darathor 10-20-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PirateofCheem (Post 20123)
For heroes/generals, will they be able to take on a couple of units before dying like Age of Mythology, or potentially take on hundreds of units before dying like BFME 2, or hopefully somewhere in between?

What is influence? I've search in the faq and everythin but can't seem to find out what it is? link to it please?

Influence is used for upgrades, as well as purchasing items from the in-game store, as in you don't have to use your money, but your empire's influence.

Heroes I believe will go for a number in between bfme2 and aom, they will be powerful, but not overpoweredly so.

nickson104 10-20-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darathor (Post 20127)
Influence is used for upgrades, as well as purchasing items from the in-game store, as in you don't have to use your money, but your empire's influence.

Heroes I believe will go for a number in between bfme2 and aom, they will be powerful, but not overpoweredly so.

I think they said they would take on a few units before falling, possibly a battallion... but they are more like support units, buffing nearby allies and such...

Andy Joslin 10-22-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PirateofCheem (Post 20123)
In a screenshot there were a few ogres on towers in a castle. How did they get up there?

There are stairs/ramps which units can walk up to get on the walls.

Quote:

Are the wooden stakes that surround some cities just for looks or do they do damage to enemies?
They don't currently do damage, but they are impassable.

Quote:

Are resources permanent (In MMO and otherwise) Like will cities have a permanent flow of wood and gold if they can secure areas on the map, or will they run out eventually?
In MMORTS, gold & stone mines are infinite, and trees respawn. Food is infinite too, though each race gets it differently.

Quote:

For heroes/generals, can players choose if they want them to use a sword, a bow and so on?
No.

Quote:

For heroes/generals, will they be able to take on a couple of units before dying like Age of Mythology, or potentially take on hundreds of units before dying like BFME 2, or hopefully somewhere in between?
They're a bit stronger than in AoM, but not on a huge scale.

Quote:

What is influence? I've search in the faq and everythin but can't seem to find out what it is? link to it please?
Influence is a new resource in MMORTS. It is gained from winning battles, completing quests, and doing things in MMORTS. It is used to do a lot of things, but mostly to research technologies and buy things from the store. Influence can also be bought with real money, but in no way will you need to pay money to unlock everything.

Quote:

Last question, is there a place I should be asking these questions at instead?
This thread is good. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.