Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Diplomacy (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1051)

slamelov 10-11-2009 01:33 PM

Diplomacy

I would like a great diplomacy system and not only "war and peace" options. May be some bar which changes with your attitudes, the bar tendence defines the AI reaction to the player.

Also, I would like a good economic system and not only a resource manager.

sneaky_squirrel 10-11-2009 02:10 PM

If I remember correctly, they are planning to make diplomacy a bit more advanced.

Not sure about economy though.

slamelov 10-11-2009 02:50 PM

Great. Any link with information about that?

sneaky_squirrel 10-11-2009 03:11 PM

Sadly, no, feel free to look around the forums though.

Maybe you'll find something of interest.

Jean=A=Luc 10-11-2009 03:27 PM

In the grim past of DoF there is only war (no diplomacy).

Darathor 10-11-2009 04:45 PM

The economy system seems like it can be quite complex and full of micro if you want to maximize the amount of resources you want to get. There are several ways to get each type of resource.

wills370 10-12-2009 03:24 AM

you will be playing agaisnt nations etc, online anyway so you will have friendly NPC city's aswell as the ability to make alliances. And borrow troops from other players. I havent got the link to this information but it is there somewhere.

Darvin 10-12-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slamelov (Post 19819)
I would like a great diplomacy system and not only "war and peace" options. May be some bar which changes with your attitudes, the bar tendence defines the AI reaction to the player.

That system was basically the diplomacy system in Sins of a Solar Empire. It was good for the first hour or so of gameplay, then it got boring and people turned "locked teams" on to disable it. You need quite a bit more depth than that to make it interesting, like why an attitude changes over time.

Josh Warner 10-12-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 19865)
That system was basically the diplomacy system in Sins of a Solar Empire. It was good for the first hour or so of gameplay, then it got boring and people turned "locked teams" on to disable it. You need quite a bit more depth than that to make it interesting, like why an attitude changes over time.

Sins, I miss that game pre 1.03 or so. multiplayer anyway. The AI in that game was atrocious, so easy to exploit it. My favorite was sitting your fleet where they jump in, you killed a few then they'd all turn around and try to jump out but the AI almost always used group jump at that point so you pick off most of their fleet, was so sad.

As far as diplomacy yeah - it needs to either be zero diplomacy and fixed teams or something very advanced, one thing I recall about multiplayer however is that all matches in DoF will start out as a free for all, wish I could remember where I read that, was from one of the devs, may have been on DoFheaven, that and if it's still the case. I would think certain scenarios would require people starting together though.

ShadowyMoon 10-12-2009 09:38 PM

Am I the only one who got Jean's joke? Either way, I'm sure the MMO mode will have a pretty good diplomacy system. (Or at least it should).