Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Site Released! (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044)

Alex Walz 10-07-2009 06:22 PM

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Site Released!

Almost eight years ago, the founder of RWS wrote the following on Age of Kings Heaven:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribal_warrior
we got this BIG forum, and we got lots of talented people. what we need to do is band together adn work on possibly putting out our own version of a war game. imagine the type of custom map editor, the ideas… all we need is people skilled in: webdesign- c++ – programming – art (both 3D and sketch) – we work up an idea taht mixs the best of everything. maybe get some sketchs drawn up, work out the bugs, get a basic design… and get it to a company. there are companys out there who will do that.

I KNOW it would be hard. uf not next to impossible, but i have followthrough, and i know everything is possible. what is the general public’s view on this?

Fast forward to the present. The talented people have banded up to form Reverie World Studios, and their own version of a war game is called Dawn of Fantasy. And today, HeavenGames is proud to announce the latest addition to our family, Dawn of Fantasy Heaven, as our way to honor and support the work which had their beginnings in our communities. We have a lot of enthusiastic staff on board for this site—who have worked very hard these past few weeks to launch the site with plenty of new content, events, competitions, and plans—and we hope you will enjoy our work in the months to come.

Without further ado, allow me to present: DAWN OF FANTASY HEAVEN
Please check our our site and gallery and drop us a line on our forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Press Release
October 7, 2009 — HeavenGames LLC announced today that it has launched Dawn of Fantasy Heaven, a dedicated fansite for Reverie World Studios’ upcoming fantasy MMORTS for the PC, and eventually, the Xbox 360.

Begun at our very own Age of Kings Scenario Design forum in late 2001, Dawn of Fantasy is the fruition of a very dedicated group of rising developers who, through a process of countless hours of trial and error as unpaid volunteers throughout the majority of its development, have created one of the most spectacular games of all time. Dawn of Fantasy is one of the only MMORTS (Massively Multiplayer Online Real Time Strategy) titles and boasts a powerful scenario design editor and developer support second to none. Planned for a Spring 2010 release, Dawn of Fantasy is set in the mythical realm of Mythador and incorporates an innovative mixture of RPG and FPS elements as players engage in single-player or cooperative quests and wage annihilation on their foes. Players can play as three unique factions — Men, Elves, and Orcs — in their quest to conquer all of Mythador through powerful alliance and epic warfare.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven is dedicated to featuring the greatest array of DoF articles and tutorials; events and competitions including a ladder, regular forum parties, and beta key contests; up-to-date news following the progress and updates on DoF and the beta; clan support, for those seeking to create or join a clan for online play; and close developer relations with many Reverie designers frequenting our forums. We hope you check out our site and engage in our upcoming events and discussions.

DoF Heaven will be staffed by a group of four very dedicated veterans. They are: ”Alex,“ Site Director; ”Blatant7,“ Strategy Administrator; ”Nacht Jaeger,“ Downloads Administrator; and, ”Xaph,“ Scenario Design & Modding Administrator. Each will be part of the early beta and will work to bring unique content as quickly as possible. A huge thank you goes out to Konstantin Fomenko and Reverie World Studios for their astounding level of support, the HG Executive Committee (EXCO) for making this all possible, ”Angel Zen“ for the beautiful site design and implementation, and ”newIdea“ for the logo design.

ABOUT HEAVENGAMES, LLC
HeavenGames LLC, based in Boston, Massachusetts, is a privately-owned web-content publisher geared towards the creation of special-interest sites for Real-Time Strategy and City-Builder games. Its sites, contents, vast amounts of resources, as well as a dedicated staff & management team make HeavenGame's sites the premier destination for gamers worldwide.

sneaky_squirrel 10-07-2009 06:51 PM

Hurray, the heaven has finally been raised ;p.

LiTos456 10-07-2009 07:02 PM

Hm, hadn't heard of it in such a long while I thought you weren't even doing it anymore for some reason.
Congratulations, nice to see it finally up.

JDmino 10-07-2009 11:37 PM

Ahhh, the heaven has risen from a lowly sub-forum to create a new cloud for it to rest on. The great Alex, Nacht, Xaph and Blatant shall hold the forum and it's members above their heads for time to come. As more members shall flow in, the weight will become much to overbearing and they may get a new moderator to assist.(pffft, I am day-dreaming, heed no attention to me).:p

wills370 10-08-2009 02:23 AM

Looks really nice site. Like the theme/background choice of colours etc and the system seems pretty good. Why you cant sign up and choose your password straight away i dont know :( (only bad point)

JDmino 10-08-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wills370 (Post 19741)
Looks really nice site. Like the theme/background choice of colours etc and the system seems pretty good. Why you cant sign up and choose your password straight away i dont know :( (only bad point)

Heavengames doesn't like spammers/robots etc. It needs to make sure that you aren't going to try and ruin everyone else's time. It is always worth it to sign up mind you. You would not regret it.

Puppeteer 10-08-2009 10:23 AM

That's a very nice site. Simple, and nice.

Konstantin Fomenko 10-08-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

we got this BIG forum, and we got lots of talented people.
- priceless.

Great website! Time to get busy and make some DoF Heaven exclusive media - give us couple of days.

JDmino 10-08-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 19750)
- priceless.

Great website! Time to get busy and make some DoF Heaven exclusive media - give us couple of days.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yay, exclusive media:p. This should be great.
Hang on Konstantin, were you tribal_warrior?

Konstantin Fomenko 10-08-2009 03:01 PM

Nope, that was Micah Hymmer, the founder of the group, I joined over a year after and took over since Micah moved on to other things.