Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   xbox360 fears (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104)

darath 09-11-2007 10:28 AM

xbox360 fears

this thread is for people to put down there fears about how the game could go wrong for example

i fear the archers will be able to shoot through there allies to hit you

frankein_fish 09-11-2007 10:56 AM

I will not buy this for x360 but if i would something i would fear is the camera control and selecting units special abilities wich many games fall on!

Ryan Zelazny 09-11-2007 02:01 PM

I'm sure we wont be able to quell EVERYONE's fears or problems, however these two are being addressed.

Archers accuracy is based on line of sight as one of the criteria, that includes units that are in their way.

Control scheme for Xbox 360 is a huge thing we are going to be testing, we have gone through many configerations so far and we are going to be optimizing the 360 version, it will not just be a straight port.

SPARROW94 09-11-2007 07:51 PM

WELLL I HOPE SOOO....gawd now an days theres so much RTS coming for 360 i remember the day when i got so siked when i heard BFME@ was coming for xb360 and i never touched a FPS in my entire life of gameing since then...IM SERUISE ALL I PLAY IS BFME2 AND C&c3

Chromatism 04-02-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny (Post 1717)
I'm sure we wont be able to quell EVERYONE's fears or problems, however these two are being addressed.

Archers accuracy is based on line of sight as one of the criteria, that includes units that are in their way.

Control scheme for Xbox 360 is a huge thing we are going to be testing, we have gone through many configerations so far and we are going to be optimizing the 360 version, it will not just be a straight port.

Brilliant! And I say this as a PC gaming nerd ;)

And the reason I say this? Because its obviously being developed on the PC first, and then properly ported and optimized for the 360! So many games have done this with the 360 first and foremost with the PC coming as a mere after-thought, thus rendering it unplayable for the first few weeks.

Ah. This definately puts my mind at ease. :cool:

iceblast 04-05-2008 12:44 PM

universe at war earth assault has got a good control base on the 360.

Neotyguy40 04-05-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatism (Post 4658)
Brilliant! And I say this as a PC gaming nerd ;)

And the reason I say this? Because its obviously being developed on the PC first, and then properly ported and optimized for the 360! So many games have done this with the 360 first and foremost with the PC coming as a mere after-thought, thus rendering it unplayable for the first few weeks.

Ah. This definately puts my mind at ease. :cool:

Umm, every game MUST be made on a PC... Even PS3 and Wii games, but the developers like to keep these games on a low amount of systems...

Chromatism 04-06-2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neotyguy40 (Post 4729)
Umm, every game MUST be made on a PC... Even PS3 and Wii games, but the developers like to keep these games on a low amount of systems...

Lol. True mate, but the console development kits are optimized for that one particular platform. Hence the original Halo never being properly ported back to the PC, even though that was the platform it was originally intended for.

To this day most cards still have FPS troubles, so it can happen...

Neotyguy40 04-06-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatism (Post 4731)
Lol. True mate, but the console development kits are optimized for that one particular platform. Hence the original Halo never being properly ported back to the PC, even though that was the platform it was originally intended for.

To this day most cards still have FPS troubles, so it can happen...

Umm... I have Halo for the PC, heck I even have it for Mac.

iceblast 04-07-2008 08:22 AM

i have halo crack for pc and its awesome.