Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Improving DoF Visuals - progress report. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103)

Konstantin Fomenko 09-11-2007 11:04 AM

Improving DoF Visuals - progress report.

1 Attachment(s)
During the next 3 months we are putting alot of resources into improving our visuals. Starting from adding all latest visual technology like HDR, Bloom and normal mapping to upping poly-count on some models from 500 to 5,000.

From time to time I`ll post screenshot or two here to show off our progress. And we have decided to really slow down production of new screenshots and video trailers until our visual upgrades are complete - I hope you can understand this decision after looking at the bellow screenshot and comparing it to the stuff you saw earlier.

frankein_fish 09-11-2007 11:51 AM

WOW:eek: thats far bether than the ghrapics in the tralier and any screeni but it maybe need some
minor improvments but its a great job ! :D :D

olauwers 09-11-2007 12:48 PM

Nice! Could I make one request please? Would you be kind enough to keep the minimum requirements as low as possible? I don't care about max requirements, but my comp ain't all that good, so it would be awesome to have some minimum requirements which don't make your game lag (as opposed to some games I could post the names of here)

Joseph Visscher 09-11-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olauwers (Post 1708)
Nice! Could I make one request please? Would you be kind enough to keep the minimum requirements as low as possible? I don't care about max requirements, but my comp ain't all that good, so it would be awesome to have some minimum requirements which don't make your game lag (as opposed to some games I could post the names of here)

I totaly agree, I believe this game should be generaly for those with lower end computers.

all the trailers/pictures on the site and around are extremely old, i've given some new screenshots to Kon and the rest of the team to handle geting them out, odds are although we will release a massive update on media after we get the new effects.

Sharku 09-11-2007 02:31 PM

This should probably be stickied if you plan on updating it. Much easier to keep track of. And btw, that ss is awesome. I'm just worried of the lack of blinking, that guy looks a little scary.

Joseph Visscher 09-11-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharku (Post 1713)
This should probably be stickied if you plan on updating it. Much easier to keep track of. And btw, that ss is awesome. I'm just worried of the lack of blinking, that guy looks a little scary.

its a picture, its either his eyes are closed or open :p
to what i know so far his face has movement, his eyes and such can be moved. lip movment when he talks etc. I cant wait for the effects update, bloom will really make that picture awsome.

jap88 09-11-2007 02:52 PM

The face seems under-detailed compared to the rest of the body.

Gallivan 09-11-2007 07:28 PM

Frankly, that looks pretty damn good for an RTS. :)

SPARROW94 09-11-2007 08:55 PM

Sheesh this is nothing by what iv seen like world in conflict, halowars, uAw

Gallivan 09-11-2007 09:00 PM

It's hard to compare those RTS' though. If we were to blatantly compare graphics we'd have to look at features, size, compatability, etc. because all of these things take development time.

What I meant though, was that I would play with the above graphics any day - for hours on end. :D