Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   logging off in combat (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000)

stinkylover 09-21-2009 01:23 PM

logging off in combat

so if i cant be attacked while i am offline (which i totally agree with) what happens if i am fighting another player (in the mmorts mode) and i log off because i am loosing, not that i want to do this but hypothetically what is to stop a player from doing this to save them self from being defeated?

i tried to find info on this but i couldn't so it there is already a post on this plz direct me to it

Darvin 09-21-2009 01:32 PM

You can avoid any battle by paying the attacker off with tribute. If you "chicken", you will automatically pay the tribute.

stinkylover 09-21-2009 01:42 PM

i can accept that and i like the idea but say you don't want to pay the tribute so you start the fight with intent to just log off and screw the other person over. or will it be once you start a battle you are committed and if you log off you forfeit . i just hop there is something in place to make sure it doesn't happen, because that would really ruin the game for me

Konstantin Fomenko 09-21-2009 01:49 PM

Good question - our system if very complex:

As it stands now - the penalty for just quitting/disconnecting is:
-Some of your army`s resources (as much as it would have cost to sue for peace and not fight in the first place) will get transferred to the enemy player.
-if your army doesn`t have enougth resources to pay: 25% of your remaining non-military units will be killed, and 10% of your remaining military units will be killed.

If you want to quit battle properly without fighting to the last men, you have to Surrender. When you surrender - game pauses, and the enemy player has the option to reduce surrender fee by 25%, 50% or 100%. Or to spare your units if your army doesn`t have enougth resources.
The player who shows mercy will receive additional reward to Influence resource (that is used for research and unlocking real currency paid units and content)

Also, opponent you are currently fighting, if he/she`s winning, can offer you to surrender as well. But in that case the options are 50% or 100% discount, and automatically your units will be spared. But keep in mind - the wining player doesn`t know how many resources your army has, when he`s making his offer. So he might pick - 25% discount, spare enemy units if not enougth resources - and get nothing:)

In team games - team-mates can surrender separately - so make sure you have team meats who won`t bail on you.

Last thing to keep in mind - fighting to the last man, will give a large influence reward to the player who lost - for his bravery.

Puppeteer 09-21-2009 01:54 PM

Either way, don't get attacked if you need to leave and log out soon!

Konstantin Fomenko 09-21-2009 01:57 PM

I feel a question coming up about possibility to exploit this system - two friends fight each other, surrender right away, show mercy - and get free influence resource.

We`ll have couple of safety ideas in place - such as to surrender/offer surrender - over 20% of total unit population must be dead.

stinkylover 09-21-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 18782)

-Some of your army`s resources (as much as it would have cost to sue for peace and not fight in the first place) will get transferred to the enemy player.
-if your army doesn`t have enougth resources to pay: 25% of your remaining non-military units will be killed, and 10% of your remaining military units will be killed.

If you want to quit battle properly without fighting to the last men, you have to Surrender. When you surrender - game pauses, and the enemy player has the option to reduce surrender fee by 25%, 50% or 100%. Or to spare your units if your army doesn`t have enougth resources.
The player who shows mercy will receive additional reward to Influence resource (that is used for research and unlocking real currency paid units and content)

Also, opponent you are currently fighting, if he/she`s winning, can offer you to surrender as well. But in that case the options are 50% or 100% discount, and automatically your units will be spared. But keep in mind - the wining player doesn`t know how many resources your army has, when he`s making his offer. So he might pick - 25% discount, spare enemy units if not enougth resources - and get nothing:)

In team games - team-mates can surrender separately - so make sure you have team meats who won`t bail on you.

Last thing to keep in mind - fighting to the last man, will give a large influence reward to the player who lost - for his bravery.

i like it :) thanks for the response

Josh Warner 09-21-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 18782)

Bolded the two parts that made me go O.o

So theoretically if you play enough, you wouldn't need to pay for content?

That system sounds great with the surrendering/quitter penalty though, I like it.

Darathor 09-21-2009 04:48 PM

That system sounds quite sound, lol. I like the idea that if your awesome enough, you don't have to pay for all of the bonus thingy's.

sneaky_squirrel 09-21-2009 07:50 PM

I think he emans that we will be able to buy them by unlocking them, not buying the locked units for free ;p.

Just hope they aren't essential for combat.