PDA

View Full Version : Does the game feature Singleplayer mode as well?

deathshroud
09-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Does DOF have any form of singleplayer mode planned for release. Some form of training/skirmish or singleplayer campaign to compliment its Online play and online MMORTS play? Game looks great and tbh i will be playing it multi only but i know alot of people would like a skirmish mode for single player.

Also are beta testers restricted by any form of NDA? and will there be a monthly subscription to DOF in some form?

sneaky_squirrel
09-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes to all except the subscription, online play is free.

MMO campaign is actually the follow up of singleplayer campaign ;p.

Feweh
09-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Yep, MMO online and singleplayer campaign.

deathshroud
09-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Then this game covers everything a strategy fan could ever want. Really looking forward to seeing more of this game.

LiTos456
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Does DOF have any form of singleplayer mode planned for release. Some form of training/skirmish or singleplayer campaign to compliment its Online play and online MMORTS play? Game looks great and tbh i will be playing it multi only but i know alot of people would like a skirmish mode for single player.

Yes............................................... .....
God how do you not know this

The Witch King of Angmar
09-20-2009, 11:06 AM
There is no need to insult him. He is simply asking a question.

Darathor
09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
We don't know about an NDA, but many would agree that there will be.

Puppeteer
09-20-2009, 03:19 PM
There is no need to insult him. He is simply asking a question.

Exactly. LiTos look at his post count.

Jean=A=Luc
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Exactly. LiTos look at his post count.

When I first came here I had 0 posts but I still knew there would be single player in DoF (I mean "duh"). But w/e.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Also are beta testers restricted by any form of NDA?

Closed beta testers will be under very strict NDA - same one our employees sign. People would actually need to sign this NDA electronically or via fax.

With open beta, NDA will be less strict. We should even allow poting screens and videos at a later part of closed beta. And it`ll be click "I accept" button to sign, instead of actual signature.

wills370
09-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Closed beta testers will be under very strict NDA - same one our employees sign. People would actually need to sign this NDA electronically or via fax.

With open beta, NDA will be less strict. We should even allow poting screens and videos at a later part of closed beta. And it`ll be click "I accept" button to sign, instead of actual signature.

Cool, glad to know you are covering all the bases. Wouldent want any material leaked before its wanted. :)

Wouldnt a i accept button be ok for the closed beta testers also?

Josh Warner
09-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Cool, glad to know you are covering all the bases. Wouldent want any material leaked before its wanted. :)

Wouldnt a i accept button be ok for the closed beta testers also?

During CB there's a good chance they'll be able to figure out who's leaking and sue them, at least compared to OB. Methinks "I accept" button isn't as likely to stand up in court as a signed fax. I could be totally wrong, but that seems most likely.

wills370
09-21-2009, 07:30 AM
During CB there's a good chance they'll be able to figure out who's leaking and sue them, at least compared to OB. Methinks "I accept" button isn't as likely to stand up in court as a signed fax. I could be totally wrong, but that seems most likely.

Yeah thats true. but the priciple is the same. I guess its so they can prove that it is you who has signed it.

Although would that mean that only over 18's would be able to participate. It wouldnt be a problem for me but for others it may be a issue. Giving the signing of written contracts without parental consent?

Josh Warner
09-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah thats true. but the priciple is the same. I guess its so they can prove that it is you who has signed it.

Although would that mean that only over 18's would be able to participate. It wouldnt be a problem for me but for others it may be a issue. Giving the signing of written contracts without parental consent?

Don't know, not a lawyer.

wills370
09-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Don't know, not a lawyer.

hmm where are they when you need them. Not like them to be missing where theres a chance for a quick buck

SvN
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes............................................... .....
God how do you not know this

people are allowed to ask questions here..... God how did you not know this?

LiTos456
09-21-2009, 02:58 PM
people are allowed to ask questions here..... God how did you not know this?

Alright sorry. I should stop screaming at newbies all the time I guess.

Josh Warner
09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Alright sorry. I should stop screaming at newbies all the time I guess.

Take a deep breath and post "Use search" or post the link to an faq/main site and tell them to get reading : P

nickson104
09-21-2009, 04:42 PM

How would the closed beta testers sign electronically? I know of no-one who owns a fax machine so im interested to the alternative lol :p :)

Well At the age of 16 in the UK the person(s) MUST sign for themselves on all documents, however depending on the formality of the document a parents signature may be required... Hopefully a parents signature will not be required :/ That may prove problematic, My mother is fearful of the internet and expects details or funds to be stolen at any moment, while my father is far too laidback to care about much and will not be bothered to sign for a beta... He has participated in enough himself to not care...

And I agree Litos :p He is new cut him some slack :p But dont worry, we all get annoyed or make mistakes occasionally :) :p

Jean=A=Luc
09-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Take a deep breath and post "Use search" or post the link to an faq/main site and tell them to get reading : P

Never works.

Josh Warner
09-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Never works.

Passive aggressive though, means you don't look like an ass : p

Puppeteer
09-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Never works.

Also, don't be so sweeping. Of course it works. Don't be an ass.

Jean=A=Luc
09-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Also, don't be so sweeping. Of course it works. Don't be an ass.

Ok it works in such a minuscule number of occasions that it might as well not work. It is a proven fact that 99% of Earth's populations are 13-16 year-olds who will never learn to "search", "google", or look up any kind of info on their own.

Only the most extraordinary individuals ever master those skills.

LiTos456
09-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Okay guys come on, now I really feel bad.
To be back on topic I was wondering about the campaign voice overs... What kind of quality are they?

Puppeteer
09-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Voice acting topic (http://reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578&highlight=voice) would be more appropriate.
I'm going to lock this, as the question has been answered and this topic no longer serves its original purpose.