PDA

View Full Version : I registered ON September 15th

shawnchi
09-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I just heard of Dawn of Fantasy on the 15th, and I went to the website. It told me that I had to sign up BEFORE Sept 15th to secure a spot for the Beta. What if I registered ON Sept 15th? Will I still be able to play the Beta?

Thanks in advance,
shawnchi

The Witch King of Angmar
09-17-2009, 07:07 PM
You need to be an active member that supports the forums in a non-spamming way. I'm still not sure how many they're letting in, but, if you don't make it in to this beta, there will be other ones open to more people.

PS Welcome to the forums.

sneaky_squirrel
09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Or if you want in closed, find a contest.

Darvin
09-17-2009, 10:11 PM
At this point we don't know the specifics of how testers will be chosen. Presumably the active contributors on the forums will take priority, and there are fan-site contests running currently (including one on RTSC) that will give you an opportunity.

shawnchi
09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys :D

Konstantin Fomenko
09-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Honestly we didn`t expect this many new forum users that joined in the past month. I think we double the number.

Since we did promise beta entry for all the users who registered before September 15th, we`ll keep our word. But you will have to wait a little while and keep on checking the website, or better yet - forums, until we post details on how to enter.

As for our active forum members (active with-in the last 6 months) - rest assured you have the priority, both to the last stages of closed beta, and open beta as well.

JDmino
09-18-2009, 12:13 AM
From what I know, it is active members who help in the community that get into the beta.:)

EDIT: Oh doesn't matter, I didn't read Konstantins post, oops :p.

Jean=A=Luc
09-18-2009, 03:56 AM
I JOineD ovaR 9000 yreas ago, WHERES mAH betaz 'n' WIMMINZ?!!1 :mad:

wills370
09-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Woo glad to finally have some clarity on the betas/choosing. :) will you be taking on testers for the closed betas earliers stages.

SvN
09-18-2009, 08:45 AM
You need to be an active member

ahh that sucks:(

Puppeteer
09-18-2009, 10:19 AM
The Jean speaks sense! Rest assured, if you're somewhat active, considerate and have something to contribute (even if it's just enthusiasm), I don't see any reason why you should be excluded from a beta.

JDmino
09-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Yay, I am becoming active :p. All my posts have been in the last 4 days. And I am still running strong.

adamater
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
I joined A LONG LONG TIME AGO.

Wheres meh key?

JDmino
09-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I joined A LONG LONG TIME AGO.

Wheres meh key?

It's long term, active members that get priority, unfortunately, I am neither :(.

Valhalla
09-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Damn. i have been here for 5 months and im still a junior damn..

sneaky_squirrel
09-18-2009, 08:25 PM
That's because you have posted like 3 times ;p.

I suggest you start posting more frequently and decide on a sect for now so you can get some cool titles XD.

JDmino
09-18-2009, 11:50 PM
I am taking it that goblins are after junior member?

sneaky_squirrel
09-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Only if your orc sect.

JDmino
09-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Well, obviously I am then. Orcs are cool. But when the game comes out(or I get into the beta) I will choose which race to be.

Feweh
09-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the forums :)

crex719
09-22-2009, 07:00 AM
As long as you keep posting, you shouldn't really be worried. Just make sure you post things that make sense :-)

Henry Martin
09-22-2009, 10:08 PM
I guess I have to post more as I don't really post on forums much.

Artilla
09-24-2009, 05:40 AM
some of us have the same problem.. :S

JDmino
09-24-2009, 06:01 AM
I guess I have to post more as I don't really post on forums much.

It's not quantity per say, but more quality posts that make people consider you a good person. If you help people more than you hurt them you should get into the beta, that's what I have been told.

Puppeteer
09-24-2009, 11:25 AM
It's not quantity per say, but more quality posts that make people consider you a good person. If you help people more than you hurt them you should get into the beta, that's what I have been told.

*Per se
Someone's definitely not in the beta for that typo!
Anyway, your post seems accurate.

wills370
09-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Reverie will take there decision very seriously. And thoose who have been here a while and have been helping constructivly will unfortunatly take presidence. As would any other company. (you wouldent want to be in a que and then see the person at the back be served first when you have been stood there for ages). Same principle here.

As such there will also be controls on the qulality of your post. And if a user is seen to be spamming or not being constructive than that would indeed push them further down the queue as it were.

So hounestly i can say just wait and see im sure everyone will get into atleast the last stage of beta (aslong as you signed up before sept 15th)

Henry Martin
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Reverie will take there decision very seriously. And thoose who have been here a while and have been helping constructivly will unfortunatly take presidence. As would any other company. (you wouldent want to be in a que and then see the person at the back be served first when you have been stood there for ages). Same principle here.

As such there will also be controls on the qulality of your post. And if a user is seen to be spamming or not being constructive than that would indeed push them further down the queue as it were.

So hounestly i can say just wait and see im sure everyone will get into atleast the last stage of beta (aslong as you signed up before sept 15th)

I see what you mean as I would definitely would be made if someone from the back got served before me. It is fun to get into beta's even at the college I'm going to when some of the higher level students ask you to play one of there games you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:)

I signed up on sept 18.:eek: (I love using the faces to express my feelings. I wish I could us them in real life, but people might think Im crazy).

Puppeteer
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Ever heard of facial expressions? He he he.
I'd like to just say two things. First of all, getting into the beta isn't the developers' excuse for letting you play the game early. It will not be completely polished, you will encounter bugs, you will primarily be finding bugs simply by playing/testing, you will be providing adequate feedback. Secondly, does it really matter if you get into the beta or not? Think of it this way:
You get into the beta: play the game early, know what to expect. Formulate strategies to initially get ahead when the game is released. In a sense, you get to help Reverie. However, there are no/limited surprises left, you have to provide feedback from a buggy game and no material will be in a sense 'new' at the official release.
You don't get into the beta: you don't play the game early. And? You will still play the game, just when it's finished. Despite all the information giving by the developers, content will seem new to you and full of surprises.
You shouldn't really mind about getting into the beta. Either's good! Discover patience, and you will love the game regardless. This hoo-hah over the beta seems so exaggerated and unnecessary.

Josh Warner
09-24-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd like to just say two things. First of all, getting into the beta isn't the developers' excuse for letting you play the game early. It will not be completely polished, you will encounter bugs, you will primarily be finding bugs simply by playing/testing, you will be providing adequate feedback. Secondly, does it really matter if you get into the beta or not? Think of it this way:
You get into the beta: play the game early, know what to expect. Formulate strategies to initially get ahead when the game is released. In a sense, you get to help Reverie. However, there are no/limited surprises left, you have to provide feedback from a buggy game and no material will be in a sense 'new' at the official release.
You don't get into the beta: you don't play the game early. And? You will still play the game, just when it's finished. Despite all the information giving by the developers, content will seem new to you and full of surprises.
You shouldn't really mind about getting into the beta. Either's good! Discover patience, and you will love the game regardless. This hoo-hah over the beta seems so exaggerated and unnecessary.

To be fair, for anyone interested in the MMORTS mode beta experience is a huge advantage, as it is in every game. And as far as 'new' or 'surprises' I find myself going back and playing old games more than new, by far. And surprises, I don't like surprises. I like to know what I'm getting. Granted that's just me, but thinking about beta differently is not by any stretch of the imagination 'wrong' it all depends on what you want out of the game. I intend to be playing it for years. If people just intend to play for a couple months whil it's still new or don't care about MMORTS mode sure, beta isn't as big a deal. But for those that are primarily interested in MMORTS, as I said, it's a fairly big advantage.

You do however raise a valid point about testing, it's not about playing the game early. You should be testing first, playing second if at all. But even if all you're doing is testing as diligently as possible, you're still learning how the game works before others. I'd be pretty disappointed with anyone trying to get in solely for an advantage/playing early, we should be focusing on helping improve the game first and foremost, any personal benefits should be secondary and just a bonus.

Henry Martin
09-24-2009, 03:50 PM

To be fair, for anyone interested in the MMORTS mode beta experience is a huge advantage, as it is in every game. And as far as 'new' or 'surprises' I find myself going back and playing old games more than new, by far. And surprises, I don't like surprises. I like to know what I'm getting. Granted that's just me, but thinking about beta differently is not by any stretch of the imagination 'wrong' it all depends on what you want out of the game. I intend to be playing it for years. If people just intend to play for a couple months whil it's still new or don't care about MMORTS mode sure, beta isn't as big a deal. But for those that are primarily interested in MMORTS, as I said, it's a fairly big advantage.

You do however raise a valid point about testing, it's not about playing the game early. You should be testing first, playing second if at all. But even if all you're doing is testing as diligently as possible, you're still learning how the game works before others. I'd be pretty disappointed with anyone trying to get in solely for an advantage/playing early, we should be focusing on helping improve the game first and foremost, any personal benefits should be secondary and just a bonus.

Yes I do understand exactly what both of you are say as that is what I am doing at the college I'm going to. I for the next few quarters I will be making a game (by myself and in a team) hopefully using the new torque 3d game engine:D . This will mean I have to concept, program, model, animate, and "Test Play". I think this is when games are the funnest is when they aren't quite complete so you can find bugs and help the developer (whether it is a company, friend, or someone else) with the things don't see or notice.

I didn't mean to step on any ones toes, but it is still nice to get a look at the not down yet version of a game. I definitely know how important have other people play test your product is.

Espadachim
09-24-2009, 03:59 PM
I am here due to the link on Impeached's signature at HG. :D

I didn't even knew that there was a beta before I found this place. (Yeah, call me uninformed :( )

JDmino
09-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I am here due to the link on Impeached's signature at HG. :D

I didn't even knew that there was a beta before I found this place. (Yeah, call me uninformed :( )

What's your HG username?

Espadachim
09-24-2009, 04:28 PM
The same as here.

Aceinthehole
09-24-2009, 05:01 PM
As for our active forum members (active with-in the last 6 months) - rest assured you have the priority, both to the last stages of closed beta, and open beta as well.

Could you please define active? I had signed up for the forums several months ago just so I could check information on the game. You can see from my post count that I don't really talk much on the forum. I do however try to check the forum at least once if not twice a week to see what all is up. I'm not sure if that falls within your definition of active.

Darathor
09-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I believe that being active is posting constructive things that add to a discussion, for how much, 1-2 posts a week should be more than enough after a while.

Generation
09-25-2009, 04:49 PM
that right u better keep your word! jk :D ftw of having a beta spot

LordChaoticus
09-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Personally, I'm not really bothered with the fact to "get into beta". I'm not saying I don't want to be in beta, but rather that if I enter beta I will do what is asked and expected from a tester. I would've signed up on the forums, even if there wasn't a promise.

A lot of people (I'm not pointing, mind you) try to enter beta no matter what, just to try the game. While it is an aspect of beta that people can actually play and how they like it, they often see it as a preview. Instead of a test. The negative aspect of promising people access, is a influx of people who sign up just to get in and "play a free game", instead of people who genuingly want to test and help.

I've noticed this trend becoming larger and larger these days, as a lot of major MMO's hosted beta's which are actually advertising and previews. This has unfortunately led to the point, that there are people who think beta's are a preview.

Henry Martin
09-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Personally, I'm not really bothered with the fact to "get into beta". I'm not saying I don't want to be in beta, but rather that if I enter beta I will do what is asked and expected from a tester. I would've signed up on the forums, even if there wasn't a promise.

A lot of people (I'm not pointing, mind you) try to enter beta no matter what, just to try the game. While it is an aspect of beta that people can actually play and how they like it, they often see it as a preview. Instead of a test. The negative aspect of promising people access, is a influx of people who sign up just to get in and "play a free game", instead of people who genuingly want to test and help.

I've noticed this trend becoming larger and larger these days, as a lot of major MMO's hosted beta's which are actually advertising and previews. This has unfortunately led to the point, that there are people who think beta's are a preview.

I totally agree with you, but you do need all kinds of people to play you game. I think it's good to have people who knows what a play test is to get curtain of feed back. I also think its good to have people who think they are just playing the game as these people will help out a lot as they will be the ones who mostly play games. most people who play games don't even know the work that goes into them. Trust me I know, I get some criticism about going to school to be a game designer they think I play games all day. A lot of people think that developers pull a game out of their ass and then play it for the next two years.

sorry if I went off topic it just bothers me on how many people think how making a game is easy.

Espadachim
09-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I agree with you.

Puppeteer
09-26-2009, 04:55 PM

I actually just signed up another account just to join my own side.
Well, I would have, if it weren't for the 'Personally'! Haha

Sketchie
09-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I have not been active in a while, so i most liekly will not be getting into the early beta. But it does not matter since the time i actually will get in there will be less bugs =)