PDA

View Full Version : Clan

wills370
09-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Anyone want to make a clan for when DAWN of fantasy starts officially.

Thought it would be good to open this now before we get the swamp of people trying to get into beta clogging up the forums etc. So we only have the people who have been intrested in it for a while. :)

The Witch King of Angmar
09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
These kind of topics have been made before and they haven't had much success. Whatever though, I just personally think without having played the game yet, I wouldn't be interested in joining a clan, though, I'm not trying to insult what your doing.

Josh Warner
09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone want to make a clan for when DAWN of fantasy starts officially.

Thought it would be good to open this now before we get the swamp of people trying to get into beta clogging up the forums etc. So we only have the people who have been intrested in it for a while. :)

While I too appreciate what you're trying to do, I'd strongly suggest against recruiting people from the forum if you intend to be competitive. If you're just looking to create a community of people who have been around for a while though, best of luck.

Me I'll be considering the creation of a clan once I get into the beta and can actually play against other people before letting them in, in order to ensure they actually know what they're doing and I can count on them should I chose to play with them.

LiTos456
09-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Same here, someone already tried starting a clan. I personally rejected for a few reasons.
I might however make a clan if the game is clan friendly, which will hopefully consist of people from dofsource and other dedicated veterans. Maybe some revereie devs, lol. Depending if I can get any xD

The Witch King of Angmar
09-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I say that the devs. and mods. make one clan and crush you all! Lol, just kidding.

LiTos456
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey, I'm up for it.

wills370
09-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Thats fine, i was thinking more of having the clan for the beta really to share knowledge etc. i beleive from a few posts the game will be pretty clan friendly.

If all goes well i will probably try and create a competative clan in either the run up to the end of betas (when our progress may be saved so we dont lose anything when we buy the game) that is still uncomfirmed though.

Josh Warner
09-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Thats fine, i was thinking more of having the clan for the beta really to share knowledge etc. i beleive from a few posts the game will be pretty clan friendly.

If all goes well i will probably try and create a competative clan in either the run up to the end of betas (when our progress may be saved so we dont lose anything when we buy the game) that is still uncomfirmed though.

There's no way they'll keep progress from beta to release. That would be grossly unfair : p

Konstantin Fomenko
09-18-2009, 11:58 AM
All in due time...once we are in mid stages of the open beta we will need you guys to form 3-4 clans to test out the features.

Our approach to clans will be a bit different from other MMORTS.
-Joining a clan will have usually community benefits.
-Around 10% of overall economic output/ per day of average clan member will be given as a bonus to all clan members.
-Each member of the clan must volunteer at least 1 army to be allied with all armies for other clan members.
-Clan members will be able to give out player vs player quests to be available to all clan members, and assign rewards - from their own or clan stockpile.

Kaznafein
09-18-2009, 12:06 PM
I like these ideas alot ^^. Yep so it looks like doing these clan threads for the 3-4 clans would'nt hurt. The clans would only last for beta and you would get a feel for when the game comes out on if you want to keep some of the people in beta clan for a more permanent clan. Will defiantly want to join one ofr those 3-4 ckans if I'm in beta during one of those stages and have some clan fights.

Also I don't know if anyone has asked this but will there be some kind of talk mode in game during a battle so you can coordinate with team members faster or will you have to use a third party such as Ventrilo or Teamspeak?

Konstantin Fomenko
09-18-2009, 12:18 PM
In the chat window u`ll just select your clan channel.

A good time to start looking into forming a clan should be towards the end of the closed beta much later this fall.

Kire
09-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Can you create a clan=alliance=guild(? those things are the same right ?=)) with only you inside (like creating it just by you or you just kick others than out after creating). And can you also for a clan with AI?=) (at least i would preferred to be with AI in clan than with ppl =P, cuz i hate when other ppl are above me and saying what should i do or should not.... i like to be amongst the leading ones.... =P).
Can everyone create it?

Kaznafein
09-18-2009, 12:20 PM
By selecting a clan channel does that mean you can talk to your clan or just type sorry I probably wasnt very clear.
I was just wondering if the game would support voice chat during battles but if what you said about selecting the clan channel means you can talk to your clan whenever thats better then just in battle.

LiTos456
09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Guys you should register clans you make at dofsource with our group system. We're still not done developing it right now but it'll be extremely useful to be used as a quick source for all clans in one place when somebody wants to look for one.

Darathor
09-19-2009, 01:39 PM
That clan system sounds much better than in most any other game. I think I will actually join one now.

wills370
09-21-2009, 07:33 AM
All in due time...once we are in mid stages of the open beta we will need you guys to form 3-4 clans to test out the features.

Our approach to clans will be a bit different from other MMORTS.
-Joining a clan will have usually community benefits.
-Around 10% of overall economic output/ per day of average clan member will be given as a bonus to all clan members.
-Each member of the clan must volunteer at least 1 army to be allied with all armies for other clan members.
-Clan members will be able to give out player vs player quests to be available to all clan members, and assign rewards - from their own or clan stockpile.

Thast sounds amazing who would have control of the united army however?

Darathor
09-21-2009, 04:26 PM
The GM could probably dedicate it to certain tasks, liking killing all orcs and humans in a specific area.

Ironic
09-23-2009, 11:46 AM
id love to get involved with a proto(win)clan, even if its just for the process of testing