PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Gallivan
09-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi there,

Today is my first day on these forums, I actually mosied over here from GameDev.net when I saw a post for help wanted. I've just sent off my application stock full with a list of my experiences in game design.

It did say that the hiring process only accepted 18 years and older, but since I am just a little over a month away (October 22nd), I took a shot and sent in my resume anyway.

Digressing though the game looks great. I watched the trailer, and I have not been this excited about an RTS since I watched my friend play WarCraft II when I was eight.

As I'm sure the development team already knows, designing an RTS for console release is a tricky thing to do, but it looks like they completely understand the need and spoils of micromanagement and it looks as though they have it completely under control.

Anyways, I wish you all the best with the game, I will be looking forward to it as I spend tonight reading every topic imaginable. :)

Thanks,
Matt Gallivan

Micah Hymer
09-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Hello Matt, welcome to the forums!

Gallivan
09-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Thank you Micah!

Ryan Zelazny
09-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the forums Matt.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey Gallivan nice to have you! Enjoy the forums.

Gallivan
09-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys, I actually went through the topics last night and got even more excited for the game. I'm not a magic buff myself, but I actually enjoyed the concept of magic usage in DoF.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks guys, I actually went through the topics last night and got even more excited for the game. I'm not a magic buff myself, but I actually enjoyed the concept of magic usage in DoF.

Same here. I like how it's both offensive and defensive.