PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of questions

crex719
08-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Hello everybody I just have a few questions I do not think have been asked before....
1) On the 360 how many people can play in multiplayer? (plz say 8)
2) If most of my stuff is gone and I win the game, will I be ranked against some my level with an entire stronghold? Just want to make sure.
3) Will all 4 factions have walls?
4) Any Idea yet on the # of premade maps?
5) Ahh yes remembered: When the game is release can I check my stats online? If so where?
All I can think of for now, If anyone else has any questions post them here too...
Be back to check this in 12 hours..:)

Ryan Zelazny
08-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Welcome Crex,

I'll be able to answer a few of these questions.

1) We are hoping for 8 in one skirmish, however this may change once we get closer to release.

2) Ranking isn't just based on player ability, it's also based on ***ets. If you do lose almost your entire army, however we will have something in place to show highest achieved rank and such so that your not going down in reputation.

3) Humans, Orcs and Elves all have walls, so far Dragons have been undecided if we will include some sort of stronghold set for them.

4) Not at the moment.

5) Yes you will be able to check your stats on Xbox Live, and also on Reverie Online.

Good variety of questions, keep em coming!

crex719
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I actually did have a couple more :)
1) Do outposts come with you to the next land?
2) Any possible way of capturing enemy units?
3) How would pirvate matches (if there are any) work? (with caryying over)
4) You may have notice a game called Two Worlds recently released and has had major lag problems and is not getting fixed anytime soon. Any way to avoid this in this game?
5) Will there be game replays?

Ndition
08-30-2007, 12:57 PM

You can capture enemy mounts.

crex719
08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
I mean besides mounts, like taking infantry prisoner.

Ryan Zelazny
08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I actually did have a couple more :)
1) Do outposts come with you to the next land?
3) How would pirvate matches (if there are any) work? (with caryying over)
4) You may have notice a game called Two Worlds recently released and has had major lag problems and is not getting fixed anytime soon. Any way to avoid this in this game?
5) Will there be game replays?

1) I ***ume your meaning the army camps, this hasn't been decided yet, as they would be spaced out. We may just allow you to keep the units and recieve either full or a percentage of the cost of setting up the camps.

2) The only enemy units you can "capture" are mounts. In the MMO version of play, we are debating on a system where you would be able to aquire units from other races. However details wont be available until we have thought this concept out in full.

3) You can challenge friends (or anyone that has a username you know) in the MMO mode, however it will be treated like a regular match and you will lose any ***ets, or gain any ***ets you aquire.

4) I haven't played Two Worlds. I have read a little about it, however not knowing the way their system works I couldn't answer how ours would be different. Lag times are something that we are taking very seriously in development and we are working to make MMO play as smooth as possible.

5) We haven't planned on a replay feature. If there is demand for it, and it's not too difficult or costly to impliment, I don't see why we couldn't put one in.

Ndition
08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I mean besides mounts, like taking infantry prisoner.

That would be pretty nice and even to take the peasants as prisoners, But I don't think they will have that option

crex719
08-30-2007, 01:21 PM
One last question for now: Any news of another video on the way? (Not asking for one, just wondering)

Ryan Zelazny
08-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes there is a video on it's way. We have a featurette on terrain types that should of been done awhile ago. We are having some technical difficulties getting the video done however which will hopfully be rectified soon.

Ndition
08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes there is a video on it's way. We have a featurette on terrain types that should of been done awhile ago. We are having some technical difficulties getting the video done however which will hopfully be rectified soon.

I can't wait till that one comes.

I've got one question too though, When you Pre-Order do you get any special Ingame title or badge?

crex719
08-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Sorry one more question I forgot to add:D
Is there any possible way that as a 360 user I can download a map editor on my computer? If not I might buy both versions..

Ryan Zelazny
08-30-2007, 02:14 PM
We are debating that, I think atleast a download system would be quite possible.

Darvin
08-30-2007, 05:21 PM
As far as replays go, I actually say that's something you guys should do. There are some people that never use it, but when you need it, it's just a wonderful feature to have. Whether you're asking "how the heck did I just get beaten?" or want to commemorate a great game (or share it with friends), it's simply a wonderful feature to have available. As well, it works as "proof of victory" in a tournament if there are conflicting accounts.

crex719
08-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Now to me it would seem that any spamming of archers would shatter the power of dragons..will they have any units like fire drakes in the Bfme series to counter this?
Also: Will men have any seige towers or anything like them?

Darvin
08-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I don't know what Reverie is going to do for dragons, but I somehow think flight would be limited, otherwise I could imagine battling them would be way too archer intensive.

We don't know a lot about the dragon faction yet, but we do know their grunt worker and warrior race are the drakes. Drakes aren't like they were in the BFME franchise; they are reptilian humanoids.

SPARROW94
08-30-2007, 09:06 PM
well some one give this guy 100 bucks hes very smart....that sould answeralot of new people questions

The Witch King of Angmar
08-31-2007, 03:05 PM
well some one give this guy 100 bucks hes very smart....that sould answeralot of new people questions

I already knew that but yes Dravin is very smart. He uses logic :eek:.

Micah Hymer
09-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Also: Will men have any seige towers or anything like them?

Yes, Siege Towers are currently implimented in the game for the Human race. Great questions crex!

Darvin
09-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Well, we know that trees of war act as the elven equivalent to the siege towers, so that leaves only the question as to whether dragons will also use this type of siege weapon for their units that are not endowed with the ability to fly.

crex719
09-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Any chances of dragons being able to carry drakes over walls?

The Witch King of Angmar
09-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Any chances of dragons being able to carry drakes over walls?

I wouldn't think so. Might be too overpowering.

Joseph Visscher
09-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Well, we know that trees of war act as the elven equivalent to the siege towers, so that leaves only the question as to whether dragons will also use this type of siege weapon for their units that are not endowed with the ability to fly.

I'm not sure, but I think the dragons will just be able to fly over the wall, fry all the gaurds by the gate and open the gate to let everyone inside the castle walls. That is what I hope for anyway. :p

Darvin
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Ah, the direct approach. That always works, although a backup plan or alternate options are often a good idea just for diversity's sake.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-05-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure, but I think the dragons will just be able to fly over the wall, fry all the gaurds by the gate and open the gate to let everyone inside the castle walls. That is what I hope for anyway. :p

Sweet sounds awesome. PS Does the dragon ram the door open or does it just open? PPS In a curcumstance like that can you have control of the other persons gate?

Thanks

Darvin
09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
PPS In a curcumstance like that can you have control of the other persons gate?

I'd love to see this. The lack of this feature is what kills siege towers and ladders in most games. Taking control of the walls, and gates and towers for that matter, should be big in sieges.

jap88
09-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Like in Rome Total War would be a good example i'd guess.

Darvin
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
More like the only example (to my knowledge, at least). Definitely an underused feature with a lot of excellent applications.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-06-2007, 02:47 PM
More like the only example (to my knowledge, at least). Definitely an underused feature with a lot of excellent applications.

Yeah, it's realistic too.

SPARROW94
09-09-2007, 09:33 AM
wow kewl ///////

The Witch King of Angmar
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
wow kewl ///////

Indeed SPARROW, it is kewl.

SPARROW94
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
why how undoubtly it is TWKOA

The Witch King of Angmar
09-12-2007, 02:14 PM
why how undoubtly it is TWKOA

Sorry, I don't follow this comment.

Hoenir
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
As far as replays go, I actually say that's something you guys should do.
Replays are currently tested. At least recording the user's input.

Joseph Visscher
09-19-2007, 12:38 AM
As far as replays go, I actually say that's something you guys should do. There are some people that never use it, but when you need it, it's just a wonderful feature to have. Whether you're asking "how the heck did I just get beaten?" or want to commemorate a great game (or share it with friends), it's simply a wonderful feature to have available. As well, it works as "proof of victory" in a tournament if there are conflicting accounts.

I agree a replay feature in dof would be good, I doubt it will be in the mmorts mode though. So far of what I have its not in the current build of the game, hopefuly we can (or maybe it already is but out of the range of my knowlage) add it later though.
I found replays on cnc3 extremely helpful to learn new cnc3 tactics; (My opinion>) although I find that if we can make the gameplay even better with those resources that would go into making the replay we should makie it better and just go without replays.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I agree a replay feature in dof would be good, I doubt it will be in the mmorts mode though. So far of what I have its not in the current build of the game, hopefuly we can (or maybe it already is but out of the range of my knowlage) add it later though.
I found replays on cnc3 extremely helpful to learn new cnc3 tactics; (My opinion>) although I find that if we can make the gameplay even better with those resources that would go into making the replay we should makie it better and just go without replays.

I liked the BFME replays because I could just focus on the pro that beat me and steal their build order. :D

Hoenir
09-24-2007, 05:13 AM
So far of what I have its not in the current build of the game, hopefuly we can (or maybe it already is but out of the range of my knowlage) add it later though.
It is already built in though it's preliminary atm.

iceblast
09-24-2007, 01:43 PM
I liked the BFME replays because I could just focus on the pro that beat me and stela their build order.

lol! i always owned but i never had the XBOX edition was it much more balanced?

The Witch King of Angmar
09-24-2007, 02:35 PM
lol! i always owned but i never had the XBOX edition was it much more balanced?

Don't know. My friend had it and I don't think it was any different.

jap88
09-24-2007, 03:05 PM
It was the same as the computer edition, just different controls. (They were quite innovative might i add)

The Witch King of Angmar
09-24-2007, 05:38 PM
It was the same as the computer edition, just different controls. (They were quite innovative might i add)

How did you guys type to each other on the 360?

Thanks

Silent_Lamb
09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
They didn't, or at least I don't think. Maybe there was a feature, because I know you can plug in keyboards. Except I think the easier thing would be to, especially if your using xbox live, just use your head set and talk to each other 1 on 1.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
They didn't, or at least I don't think. Maybe there was a feature, because I know you can plug in keyboards. Except I think the easier thing would be to, especially if your using xbox live, just use your head set and talk to each other 1 on 1.

Wow that's pretty cool. Hey on an off note who's getting or has Halo 3?

Thanks

SPARROW94
10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I Have Halo 3 Because Im Just That Coooool

LOL check my face book out for photoes of me opening the case lol....NAME IS Morgan Milliea

The Witch King of Angmar
10-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I Have Halo 3 Because Im Just That Coooool

LOL check my face book out for photoes of me opening the case lol....NAME IS Morgan Milliea

No you just wanted it really bad is all.

SPARROW94
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
lol man h3 is pretty tight

iceblast
10-16-2007, 01:50 AM
halo 3 is rubbish ps3 ftw :)

i prefer xbox360 over ps2 tbh

SPARROW94
10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
iceblast i do think halo3 is rubbish

HAZE ftw

frankein_fish
10-31-2007, 04:45 AM
I have h3 too but i think that the previous games was better :D

SPARROW94
11-04-2007, 06:43 PM
have to diassagree with you there but i do still think H# is rubbish...i play GoW now *cough* very very old game....

Joseph Visscher
11-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Can you guys stay on topic, you can make a thread on halo 3 in off topic forum please.

The Witch King of Angmar
11-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Ok another question. What siege will dragons and orcs have?

SPARROW94
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
orcs have an huge ass catapult...dragons i thinks is dragons XD

Ryan Zelazny
11-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok another question. What siege will dragons and orcs have?
Orcs currently have 4 Siege weapons.

Large catapults.

Siege Towers for loading troops directly onto enemy walls.

Battering Ram, for breaking down gates.

Ogre, for overall destruction ;)

For the dragons we will have some siege items for Drakes to use, but most of the siege will be used by various types of Dragons.

SPARROW94
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
WOW sounds like wicked asweome to me

crex719
11-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Maybe a dragon with a rock attacthed to his tail and then he flings it like a slingshot! BOOM!

SPARROW94
11-06-2007, 05:32 PM
maybe a dragon will carry a rock and fly above the catsle and drop the rock

The Witch King of Angmar
11-06-2007, 08:34 PM
I wonder if they will have dragons that will just dive-bomb straight into building or armies.

SPARROW94
11-09-2007, 08:24 AM
yeah i would imagine an an race of a small dragon that would dive bomb units or castles XD like in that movie narnia

The Witch King of Angmar
11-09-2007, 02:29 PM
yeah i would imagine an an race of a small dragon that would dive bomb units or castles XD like in that movie narnia

I want huge dragons that could cause massive damage just to pummle some unsuspecting villagers whole town. :D

iceblast
11-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by SPARROW94 View Post

arnt they griffins or something (hate the movie anyway)

how many different textures can you choose from on maps?

The Witch King of Angmar
11-11-2007, 06:49 PM
arnt they griffins or something (hate the movie anyway)

how many different textures can you choose from on maps?

Do you mean like desert or snow?

SPARROW94
11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Yes griffins are what i mean, yeah i think they would fit as an Dragon unit

The Witch King of Angmar
11-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Maybe they could swoop down and grab units then drop them in mid-air.

SPARROW94
12-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Thats sounds sweet...but remember that air units have "air time" so they can stay in air for a certain amount of time

The Witch King of Angmar
12-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah. They would probably be weak when they're on land.

SPARROW94
12-08-2007, 12:57 PM
lol a disavanteg for dragons and there units

LordSlayer
04-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes griffins are what i mean, yeah i think they would fit as an Dragon unit

Maybe more for elves because they have a close bond with animals and dragons have allready alot of flying units.

Neotyguy40
04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Maybe more for elves because they have a close bond with animals and dragons have allready alot of flying units.

Well all units are suppose to have some kind of special combat, think of the orcs... They have power units, humans have normal, elves have range + siege, dragons can fly and breath fire... So what if that is uber awesome, I think that the dragons should have all the flying units...

Diggz
05-11-2008, 10:48 PM
fliers in BFME2 picked people up and dropped them... smashed anything near what they picked up too!

I have a question too:

Since archers wtfpwn anything that flies, can you make your dragon land and fight on the ground? I loved the witch king in BFME2 because he could easily land and instantly become unsusceptible to archers.

wou129
05-12-2008, 04:09 AM
yea i liked that to to bad it was only in 2 and not in 1

The Witch King of Angmar
05-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah I'd think so. But they'd be weaker against swordsman or pikes I'd think.

wou129
05-13-2008, 03:02 AM
u mean if that land on it that tho body and there wing come agains the spears??:confused: