PDA

View Full Version : Quite simply...

Robert Schultz
09-15-2009, 08:11 PM
...is Reverie World Studios an independent (indie) game studio?

Joseph Visscher
09-15-2009, 08:34 PM
...is Reverie World Studios an independent (indie) game studio?

We are not (indie) anymore; that was more like 7 years ago.
But yes we are a Multicultural independent game studio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer#Independent_developers) based in Toronto, Canada , and what we do is not currently controlled by a massive large corporation like Microsoft or EA.
http://reverieworld.com/

We will be revealing our new publisher in time, I personally believe they will then have quite an influence on what to add or cut from Dawn of Fantasy; I believe we will more so strive for an outstanding MMORTS gameplay then anything else that will hopefully create juice worth the squeeze.

wills370
09-16-2009, 09:35 AM
We will be revealing our new publisher in time, I personally believe they will then have quite an influence on what to add or cut from Dawn of Fantasy;

Before or after beta?

Konstantin Fomenko
09-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Not quite sure - seeing how first phase of closed beta is just a month away or so...

szebus
09-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Is the publisher asking not to be revealed, or it is you're strategy to keep us curious ?

Josh Warner
09-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Not quite sure - seeing how first phase of closed beta is just a month away or so...

Hah, I was right, I knew I saw you say that somewhere but I couldn't find it after going through a bunch of threads. Now I can quote this to people instead of trying to find that other time you said it. In regards to CB starting in a month or so.

revealing

I just realized why this was bolded, lol.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777

Darathor
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
So they might reveal their publisher when they start marketing like at a games convention or something?

LiTos456
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
I personally believe they will then have quite an influence on what to add or cut from Dawn of Fantasy

Sigh. Well that's not good. Publishers are usually *******s when it comes to that and many games failed because of them.
Good luck guys. You've made a great game and I hope the publisher doesn't change that.

Darvin
09-16-2009, 03:48 PM
I'll reserve judgment until I know who their publisher is. Certainly the fact that their publisher would rather them push the game to '10 rather than risk the unpredictable holiday season is a good sign.

wills370
09-16-2009, 05:36 PM
I think the reverie will ensure it keeps to there vision. And will be amazing after the amount of work they have done. Lets hope the changes are made during or before beta so they can be explored and the best combination reached.

JDmino
09-18-2009, 03:04 AM
OH my god! Brighty, I didn't know you were here :p let alone green(does that mean the same thing as HG?).

Ironic
09-18-2009, 03:07 AM
as long as E.A isn't publishing it don't really mind.
Game publishers can sometimes have a very negative effect on development but i think people take it a bit too far sometimes with their automatic hate of any influence a publisher may or may not have

wills370
09-18-2009, 07:05 AM
hopefully it will be a main stream publisher with good links for marketing. As DOF needs to get its profile up. It isent even on the books for a release date in game yet and they didnt know anything about it. (i told them and i beleive they will be joining the forum good times).

Robert Schultz
09-18-2009, 02:49 PM
OH my god! Brighty, I didn't know you were here let alone green(does that mean the same thing as HG?).
Hello Jmino.
You can pick which color you want in the User CP.

Josh Warner
09-18-2009, 02:54 PM
OH my god! Brighty, I didn't know you were here :p let alone green(does that mean the same thing as HG?).

Blue = humans
red = orcs
green = elves

as he said, check the CP.

sneaky_squirrel
09-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Nice to see in the forums JDmino ;p.

JDmino
09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Hello Jmino.
You can pick which color you want in the User CP.
Oh cool thanks Brighty, I've gone red :p.

Nice to see in the forums JDmino ;p.
Thanks Sneaky. I see some, ummm, familiar...faces here.

wills370
09-21-2009, 03:45 AM
I keep changing my race as i see the new trailors lol :P Hmm think i will be humans by the time the game comes out however.. But who knows.