PDA

View Full Version : Bio Diversity

ElderDays
03-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Deer are nice and all but maybe we could get a greater variety of defenseless animals to hunt.I'd love if we could see different types of fauna dependent on the region we are in. Here is a short list of ideas that might be easy to implement. I have other ideas for mega fauna and predators but it might be best if they are saved for later.

-Wild Boars: Reskin of pigs
-Elk: Reskin of deer
-Grouse: Reskin of chicken.
-Gazelle: Reskin of deer.
-Aurochs (gigantic extinct breed of wild cattle): Reskin and resize of cow.

nightovizard
03-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Deer are nice and all but maybe we could get a greater variety of defenseless animals to hunt.I'd love if we could see different types of fauna dependent on the region we are in. Here is a short list of ideas that might be easy to implement. I have other ideas for mega fauna and predators but it might be best if they are saved for later.

-Wild Boars: Reskin of pigs
-Elk: Reskin of deer
-Grouse: Reskin of chicken.
-Gazelle: Reskin of deer.
-Aurochs (gigantic extinct breed of wild cattle): Reskin and resize of cow.

Nice ideas, you even considered the existing fauna to add new ones by using the existent models, great. I do support the idea of making that world feel more alive, adding new fauna is a good way to achieve it.

Other ones that could be added in different regions:
mammoths http://jstueart.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/woolly_mammoth_siberian_tundra.jpg
http://www.allmystery.de/i/t48dc22_war_mammoth.jpg
dinosaur types
etc

Konstantin Fomenko
03-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks for your suggestion - we actually modeled quite a few animals, but never got to add them in - maybe later on towards summer. Also I personally really want to see some birds in the sky:)

Reaver
03-20-2014, 12:43 PM
you should add in Random "boss" animals that drop extra loot on death. like add in a 1/100 chance of a giga boar to show up (just the same boar but its size and stats are magnified by 10 or something)