PDA

View Full Version : Hotkeys?!

MajorTwitch
03-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Its 2014 why doesn't this game have hotkeys? I understand when a game does not allow you rebind them, but to have none at all. When the world is not being destroyed by wizards and elite units the lack of a hotkeys slows the game down a lot for me.
One of my biggest annoyance is the lack of "a" move from most other RTSs. Toggle attack move works but is very cumbersome.
Context based keys for menu would be nice, like when you open a transfer menu: the city can selected with "1", army 3 is next in the list so it can be chosen with "2".

Another thought allow for right click of skills to choose max rank. I don't even want to level guys at times because how long and annoying the process is.

Wilffio
03-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Would love those things aswell... right clicking to max a skill would be pretty cool :)

ReCoder
03-16-2014, 01:07 PM
This is certainly something we should address! I'll bring this up with the devs and see what we can do! :)

Konstantin Fomenko
03-17-2014, 06:30 PM
It would be great if our players would suggest the number of hotkeys they think we should include. Please keep suggestion realistic, and only the most useful hotkeys. As of now we only have 1 to 9 selection armies on the world map, or unit groups in battle.

"a" for attack move is a good suggestion. Anything else?

nightovizard
03-17-2014, 06:43 PM
It would be great if our players would suggest the number of hotkeys they think we should include. Please keep suggestion realistic, and only the most useful hotkeys. As of now we only have 1 to 9 selection armies on the world map, or unit groups in battle.

well I use WASD for camera moving, so if a turns to be attack/move it could be a problem :/

but I don't think a attack/move hotkey is needed as you simly select the unit with left click, and order to move/attack with right click of the mouse.

these would be useful:

While youre in your homecity:

H, the camera moves above the hero and the hero is selected.

C,the camera moves above the city hall and the city hall is selected.

B, same for barracks

V same for archer barracks

N Same for siege weapons

E Ability 1 (While the unit/s are selected)/ When in stats window adds X (for example melee attack)

R Ability 2/ When in stats window adds x

T ability 3/ When in stats window adds x

,Y,U,I,O,P. same

Q Opens the unit stats increaser. (while unit is selected)

L camera moves to objective locations

M World map/city

1-9 would be used to select the groups you created (units) (could unit groups be persistent? Because you waste time creating them at the start of every battle)

etc

MajorTwitch
03-17-2014, 09:46 PM

It does not need to be "a", just used to wc3 and sc1/2 where a was the default for attack move. If you had a keyhot for toggle attack move that would improve things greatly. However, move attack keyhot allows for stutter stepping archers which would be fun.

Toggle for running, having to shift or double click hasn't been very reliable for me.

Managing army in a longer fights
Change how unit groups work:
Selecting a unit and assign it a control group will add to that control group - not set the control group to the currently selected
A hotkey to clear a unit's control group(s)
Reason for the change is: it can be time consuming and difficult to try to pull a wounded unit back. You have one unit almost dead so you send it back, but then the rest of the control group needs to advance. If you want to advance you grab the wound guy in the back again. Reform the control group? If you have two different control group in the same area that is not easily done. This allows for a wounded unit to removed from a group or a healed unit be returned to a control group with easy.
Sort control group: (shift the selected units starting from top left into ascending or descending order)
Ammo
Health
Level
Stamina

Those are some core additions/change that I would love to have. Would make me much happier when playing.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Good suggestions so far - I`ll wait for more input before we pick the best suggestions (and easiest to implement:p) and try to squeeze it in to the upcoming 24 B patch.

MajorTwitch
03-19-2014, 10:16 PM
If unit grouping would be saved to armies that would be great. I will spend 1-5 minutes at the start of each siege try to get units sorted. Surviving units retaining their control grouping between battles would so very nice.

jscadiz76
04-18-2014, 09:54 PM
can you save formations as well?, i'd also give my left arm for a follow ability like the mantlet... imagine having an army following your tribal shaman, but being able to access his abilities liike aoe heal