PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!!!! My Royal Has Gone AWOL!!!

Goddessa
03-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi there,
I need some help here. Game has been doing fine. Until this evening,as I was going to take my royal dragon (lvl 20) and my dragon slayer (lvl 10) to go get training at one of the local dives/gin joints as they had around 45k gold to spend on wining and dining the girls. I decided instead of attaching them to one of my armies I would just make them an army of their (army of 2). This was going to take my 10th slot. I made the army then after I made it the 10th army showed up on the world map. Then it got real ugly and the skies turned dark and my 10th army got stuck in limbo and the game froze. I couldn't do a thing. Had to shut the exe. down. Tried again and everything loaded fine till I switched to world map and it locked up again. Tried this 2 more times each time it locked up. Shut down computer completely relogged went to steam reverified and went back in but still no tenth army,can't get back into city from world map as it freezes completely so have now lost my royal,slayer and city to freezing.

Goddessa

Sheamus
03-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Hi there,
I need some help here. Game has been doing fine. Until this evening,as I was going to take my royal dragon (lvl 20) and my dragon slayer (lvl 10) to go get training at one of the local dives/gin joints as they had around 45k gold to spend on wining and dining the girls. I decided instead of attaching them to one of my armies I would just make them an army of their (army of 2). This was going to take my 10th slot. I made the army then after I made it the 10th army showed up on the world map. Then it got real ugly and the skies turned dark and my 10th army got stuck in limbo and the game froze. I couldn't do a thing. Had to shut the exe. down. Tried again and everything loaded fine till I switched to world map and it locked up again. Tried this 2 more times each time it locked up. Shut down computer completely relogged went to steam reverified and went back in but still no tenth army,can't get back into city from world map as it freezes completely so have now lost my royal,slayer and city to freezing.

Goddessa

Post your Log Files and guys gonna help you;)

Konstantin Fomenko
03-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Looks like this is a much bigger problem than just loosing the Dragon. Could you please tell me your in-game username, and townname. And please avoid using this town for the next 24 hours - as we fix it for you. Looks like a new bug nobody ever encountered before (I guess not that many players have 10th army)

Goddessa
03-12-2014, 11:22 AM
My in-game name is Goddessa and my city name is The Forbidden in Bol' Forest'l. I'll stay off for 24 hours as I can't do anything anyways and it won't even let me move resources around from the different camps. I can't go into my city once out on the map. Couldn't even put two of my armies into camp mode.

I know it's not my computer as I have over 6 gigs of page memory free even after the game is in full rampaging battle mode, 3 TBS free on my computer, running @ 3.66 ghz, and running 2 AMD Radeon 6870 graphic cards.

When I first made the 10th army last night it read 1-10.I will also say that after it froze up and I shut down the exe. came back in and went back on map mode on the last try last night that the army slot numbers did not correlate with the armies actual numbers as the army I was trying to camp last night was army 5 but it was in the number four slot (but still reading army 5) like it moved my armies around. I couldn't see if it did it to the others because after pressing that army tab it froze up again.

This is kind of ironic actually as I was talking to Hi11ZONE the night before and said that after 24A had gone into effect the game was running much smoother and I saw fewer bugs. LMAO, the next time I'll keep my mouth shut as I think I jinxed myself.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Great, thanks for the info. We are working on this, should have your town restored sometime tomorrow, I`ll post here with the update - once it`s ready.

Well this is a really odd bug - might be the first instance of this, but we`ll fix this for good.

Goddessa
03-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Thank You very much for the help and must compliment you on your expediency in this matter.

Leave it to me to have the odd bugs!!!!!!

Goddessa
03-13-2014, 11:10 AM
and it's killing me to not be on it playing it. I am patient (or so I keep telling myself that). This is a very addictive game. I've told a bunch of my friends about it and they are also waiting patiently (actually bugging the HECK out of me) for me to be able to be on when they log on the first time so that I can talk them through it ;)

Konstantin Fomenko
03-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Ok the map should be ok now - I tested the fix, I can get to the world map and back to the town, and back forth without any issues. I also sent you a bonus code so you could get units for your 10th army again.

If by some reasons u still can`t switch between homeland/worldmap/homeland. Please post your log file - here`s instructions on how to: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337

Goddessa
03-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Okay, I have posted the two log files from coming on tonight. When I first came on it was working great everything was where it was supposed to be. I sent my transports to pick up the gold and resources from my camps and then went to Bilt'rana to trade in the res for more gold. did that so that went smoothly. But once my carts got back to city it locked up again and started a sound loop. Had to shut down exe. again and come back in but lost over half the gold. The gold is not my issue and I don't need anything for it. What I'm concerned about is if this happens every time I transfer res what's going to stop it from happening when I am doing something else say like co-oping or in a siege solo. It would upset me to lose troops but more importantly it would really upset me that someone else lost their troops because they were co-oping with me.

Is this a bug I've created(I don't see how if I did).

Konstantin Fomenko
03-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks for letting me know. From what I see in the logs - 90% this was a random crash, and should not happen again. So lets leave it at that. If it should happen again - please let me know, and we`ll do a full debug on your town again.

Goddessa
03-13-2014, 06:45 PM
but I am going to try and re-download the game (as it's on Steam now) and use it straight from you and see if it helps. Even though it may be a random bug it's happening every 5-10 minutes that I'm actually trying to do something, and every time I take one of my armies to my main city it locks up and I have to manually CRTL ATL DEL to get out of it and shut it down through task mgr. So maybe this will straighten out the random bug. If not I'll definitely be contacting somebody for help

Konstantin Fomenko
03-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Goddesa,

Can you please give me exact steps on how to make the game lock-down. Like which army to I bring to homecity? Do I transfer all the troops? The more details the better - I think reinstalling the game won`t fix it - this must be some odd bug effecting late game. With your help we can fix it.

Oh and for your help, I`ll be sure to include some bonus codes:) Really appreciate ur help.

Goddessa
03-14-2014, 01:55 PM
When I first log on it goes as follows:
1.Of course you are brought into your main city when you log on.
2.I usually check on resources that are in the city (capacity lmt.)
3. Move to world map and click on my camp that is carts only (camp #7)
4. Then click on neighboring resource camps that I have stationed around the carts camp so that they never have to move. I don't know if others do this but I only have my carts on the move.
5. Once I go from camp to camp(camp 5,6,8 and 9 are res camps 7 is my carts)moving resources to my carts (this takes two trips usually) I sell the res to neighboring cities in Bol'forest'l.
6. Once I have collected the gold from the res sales I go to my main city with my carts to offload the gold and to pick up any overflowing res there and sell it. (This where my trouble started last night. Army/camp 7 with carts moves to my city. I click on my city tab at top left corner it pops up my city and I click on the transfer tab. #7 army/camp is shown and I click on it. so now army 7 and my city are both showing. Then it flickers,stutters then freezes completely.)
This happened quite a few times last night and even though you said we would chalk it down to a random bug. I had all of my household watch me last night to see if maybe I was doing something wrong. They could find nothing out of the ordinary and that it should of been an easy transfer.

I will say that I was able to finally get my main army #4 camped (it only froze once on that as I had to get wood for the camp. I first tried from main city and it froze, then I tried it from one of the res camps and was able to get wood ).
It really does seem that the bug is not in the camps but the city itself. If it clears up or not I will most definitely let you know.
I did go ahead and move from steam to direct client last night and finished the download this morning before I went to work. I have not opened it up yet so here goes.

Goddessa
03-14-2014, 02:11 PM
I just started.
The game loaded fine was able to take resources out of city and was sending to neighboring city with my carts. Then I went back to city tab and clicked on army tab to make that tenth army so I could get some paid training and it froze.

It's definitely in the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping against all hope that transferring to your client even though I know it's connected to steam that it would fix it.

I really do hate to put all of you through so much bother on this but this is my game now too and I've GOTS TO HAVE MY DAWN OF FANTASY FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goddessa
03-15-2014, 09:38 AM
And this may be a good or bad thing and it may be easy to fix on your side or it maybe something you can get rid of in the future.

This is how I have managed to go around the bug and function last night.
This is also what leads be to believe it not to be a bug in my city but actually a bug in the quick tab to my city in the upper left hand corner and here's the scenario:
Okay you come into your city on start-up of course and if your like me you have res that needs to be transferred yada yada yada....

So you go to your world map to get your transports to carry your res or you need to transfer troops from your army to your city or the other way around.
Once on the world map you have your city and army quick tabs in the upper left hand corner and the city world map tab in the lower right corner.
One naturally uses the quick tabs when transferring anything...........

What I have found is that if I choose an army and send it to my city and hit the city quick tab to pull up the transfer button it freezes right after the army and city pop up each and every time it is done through the city quick tab. After going in and out a few times as a result of the game freezing up. I went a new approach:
1. Click on army quick tab that you want to use and direct it to your city.
2. Once it's there just click on one of your other army tabs and then click back to the army that is in the center of your city now. Doing this erases any memory of the other armies that said army might of crossed paths with to get to the city.
3.Presto!!!!!!!!!! Army has been clicked, transfer button has been clicked from the army tab, my city pops up, army pops and transfer is now fully capable. No more lost armies,no more lost res due to freezing.

So as I said it's a temporary fix for me and it work's but the bug I believe is in the quick tab and not in the city at all.

Let me know what you think? Is there the possibility of the city quick tab actually having a bug/glitch that might cause this and if so is there a way to fix it or even a way to go around the city quick tab and do away with it in the future or creating a more stable tabbing system?

As far as using my armies and fighting with them I've had no issues on the quests or solo sieges. I have not however co-oped a siege with anyone since this bug happened so tonight I'll try that with a friend of mine, but I'm pretty confident that it is solely in the city quick tab

Goddessa
03-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Transferred 10th army back into the city and it went fine.
Went to remake 10th army from city and I know of no other way to bypass the city quick tab for this.
Used the tab transferred royal again,dragonslayer,some mounted grandmasters and whatnot to make room for a wizard and some dwarven troops so I could put them in the 10th army as well. After the army was made,here it goes again it froze the game, waited for 5-7 minutes hoping it might unfreeze to no avail and had to manually shut down game. Went back in and no 10th army on the quick tab and those troops are in limbo again. I have had no issues with my city and my other armies even on co-ops while not using the city quick tab.

If I knew of a way of creating a quick army without having to do the tedious job of having to break up a current army to create another one and then go back in and transfer troops from the city that way I sure would use it but it looks like that's the only way I am going to be able to make a 10th army in the future.

Don't worry about the troops I'll get them replaced as that is not the issue the bug is !!!!!!!!!!!!
I am including all log files from the last 24 hours for you to look at.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Sorry I haven`t replied for so long. Been away this weekend. I`m looking at this and should have detailed reply for you tomorrow.

Langor
03-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Hello Goddessa,

Just an update for you. I have been able to replicate your 10th army bug and am still investigating everything else you have posted about your town. We should hopefully have this fixed no later than next week. Its a pretty complicated issue. If you have anymore updates or questions for us please post them here as I will be monitoring this thread closely as I continue work through this issue. Thank you for your patience.

PS: Awesome town and set up! :D

Goddessa
03-19-2014, 12:54 PM
on this. As of now that really is my only bug issue. I thank you for the compliment on my city, it's my first ...... but won't be my last. Have played many MMO's and many RTS games but never a combo.

You all have really stumbled on to a combo that really works and I've been hooked from day one!!! I am grateful that my other game closed down as it gave me the chance to go looking for something interesting.

The development team and mods are really attentive on here and on the game (don't lose that as you start to stretch this game to it's limits). The game is awesome and has great potential but remember that it is this one on one connection that keeps your fan base thriving.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!

Konstantin Fomenko
03-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Thank you for the kind words, and with Langor working on this - we`ll definitely have this figure out and fixed in the upcoming patch next week.

Langor
03-24-2014, 12:55 PM
with Langor working on this - we`ll definitely have this figure out and fixed in the upcoming patch next week.

Don't put too much stress on me now. :P

And another update for you Goddessa; We have found the cause to your city crashing and will have a fix for your lag/freeze/crashes in this upcoming patch 1.24b which is currently scheduled to release later this week. Your city was affected by a couple different bugs that combined, well, you saw the effects. We do apologize for the issues that these bugs have brought you and we thank you for your patience while we resolve and fix your city. If after the patch anymore issues arise please let us know right away so we can fix them as we don't want you waiting any longer to play the game. If you have any questions of me please let me know. Once again, thank you for your patience. :)

Goddessa
03-26-2014, 06:09 PM
I know you all are working very hard on this upcoming project and bugs do happen. Programs are very much like humans. We could be at top physical health but every now and then we still get the sniffles.

I do apologize for my bug/bugs complication but hopefully it helps you all to getting closer to everyone's goal (design team and us the gamers) of being bug free.

As I said "The most important thing!!!!"
Keep up the Great Work Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
Langor,

Believe me if there a unusual bug that likes to throw keggers still after the patch it will probably be at my house. I seem to attract the types that find my place so inviting they never want to go home..... sorry that's my real life LMAO:o

Konstantin Fomenko
03-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Hopefully the patch we are hoping to release either late tonight or tomorrow - will fix this - pretty sure it`ll be fixed for good. So please let us know how it goes:)

Goddessa
03-31-2014, 02:40 PM
Thank you all so very much, my tabs and city are working great!

The only thing I've noticed is my hero is lvl 60 but says lvl 7 on profile but no biggy!!!!!!

You Guys Rock!!!!!!!!

If you need a guinea pig for anything let me know as I'm more than willing to help.

Goddessa

Konstantin Fomenko
04-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Glad we could help - and in all honesty - it was your help that helped make this fix possible:) Thanks again.