PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for the forums.

Josh Warner
09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
edit: It would appear this is a waste, the little remember me check box does it, confusing since I can't think of any other site where it does that, normally it just remembers the name, not keeps you logged in.

Thanks squirrel.

sneaky_squirrel
09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
I believe this is acomplished by checking the box "Remember Me", might be wrong, but try it out ;p.

Josh Warner
09-11-2009, 11:22 PM
I believe this is acomplished by checking the box "Remember Me", might be wrong, but try it out ;p.

Remember me is typically remembering your name when you relog, I'll give it a try though. I can't ever recall it being used like that.

Edit: checked it, now I'll wait and see I guess : p

I really can't think of any where it's like that though, I truly hope it is however, be so nice not to have to log back in constantly.

Edit2: Interesting, that works. I assumed it was like everywhere I see remember me, it would cache the name for when you came back to the site instead of having to reenter it. Thanks.

LiTos456
09-11-2009, 11:49 PM
It's working for me just fine...it doesnt log me out.

Josh Warner
09-11-2009, 11:52 PM
It's working for me just fine...it doesnt log me out.

It's the "remember me" thing oddly. I've spent like 20 minutes trying to find another forum that has "remember me" all of them I can find just remember my name and sometimes my PW.

Kire
09-12-2009, 06:28 AM
It's the "remember me" thing oddly. I've spent like 20 minutes trying to find another forum that has "remember me" all of them I can find just remember my name and sometimes my PW.

I find "remember me" better than remember my name or anything else.. it is nice for comp that he not only remembers your name but also you as whole =P.......at least that what he says....

Josh Warner
09-12-2009, 09:03 AM
I find "remember me" better than remember my name or anything else.. it is nice for comp that he not only remembers your name but also you as whole =P.......at least that what he says....

It's just odd, not used to it. Normally a check option on login just remembers info, checked all the options and CP expecting it'd be there somewhere.

wills370
09-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Hmm would be good if they could add that in your personal settings etc. Would make it easier :)