PDA

View Full Version : Protection Timer counting down on cities not meeting requirements

MaverickHero
01-29-2014, 03:49 PM
I have 3 towns (elf, human, orc).

My human town seems to have reached the point where the protection timer is counting down. This happened after I earned the achievement 'veni, vidi, vici' (I seem to be getting PvP achivements for PvE missions. Have not done any PvP yet).

That is no problem, I made sure my human city is ready to roll. Then I log into my elf town which is not very far into the game (Basically just past the mission where you defeat the green dragon on your backyard). My elf city is counting down Protection timer too!! No walls, no real siege weapons, etc. Sad times for my elves ahead.

I have not checked my orc town.

Is this working as intended?

ReCoder
01-29-2014, 03:50 PM
This has happened to me as well, forcing me to delete my elf city as I wasn't prepared. I would recommend deleting that city and restarting it before you get too far in, I did that and now my timer works correctly again. However this is a bug that needs looking into and this function is not working as intended.
If you're far in a dev or mod should be able to compensate you if you're forced to restart.

MaverickHero
01-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Ah, very sad news. While not story-line far, my elf city is very economically settled... which would make it a prime raiding target :eek:

My elf city was actually the first one I made.

Would it be possible to reach out to a dev on this issue? Just a halt on the timer would be appreciated.

ReCoder
01-29-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm sure you can, not sure if they can stop the timer, but they may be able to give you the crowns to buy an extension! Worth a shot either way :)

Langor
01-29-2014, 07:01 PM
Hello MaverickHero,

I am sorry that this bug is causing you distress. I have heard of this bug a few times. If you could try a few things for me. If using the steam client exit the game and Steam completely. Reboot your computer. Load steam. Right click on Dawn of Fantasy in the Steam game list. Select Properties. Click on the tab called Local Files. Choose Verify the integrity of game cache. Once complete, log out of Steam. Log back into steam and check your city. If it did not fix the issue please make sure your other cities do not have a temporary PvP timer (One that is actively counting down) and try making another city and see if the PvP protection timer works.

But if neither of these things work I suggest you try the stand alone client at the below link. This has helped some people. You will need to go to your game list in steam and grab the CD KEY from the link that is located on the right side of the screen.

http://kw.reverieworld.com/download.php

If any of these steps fix your problem could you please post back here and let me know which one. Also, if non of these fixes your problem please attach your game log while the DEVs continue to look into this bug. If there is anything else I can do please let me know. I thank you for your patience in this matter.

Posting Log Files
If it is a more technical error, such as a menu loading improperly, we would appreciate your game log. This is automatically written and stored locally, and tells the QA Team exactly what was being processed at the time of the encountered bug.

This file is saved in your default DOF directory under the name of Log1.txt.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of Fantasy"
If you are not running the game on Steam, screenshot will be in this folder instead: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy"

In some case you might want to attach all of your available Log files, they are located in the same folder named Log1.txt, Log2.txt, Log3.txt, Log4.txt and Log5.txt,

To attach your log file - while you are replying or making a new post you will see a field titled "Attach Files" in the Additional Options box below the text box. Click the "Manage Attachments" button below, and you will now be able to upload a variety of files. Select "Choose File" and select the file you wish to attach, before selecting the "Upload" button to finish the task.

If you don't see "Attach Files" or "Manage Attachments" you might be doing a quick reply, in which case you will need to click on "Go Advanced"

MaverickHero
01-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Hi Langor!

Thank you for your response and for helping me with this.

I just got home now, verified the game cache as you suggested (it said it was all verified).

I logged in to my Elf city.. Timer stopped! I still lost about 30 minutes but no biggie!

But... then I logged in to my human city which has the timer. That timer was still going (as expected).

I log BACK into my Elf city... the timer is going again!! :eek:

Hope this somehow narrows down the bug in the code.

To further help solve this issue I am attaching my logs as you suggested.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help solve this issue.

MaverickHero
01-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Quick update.

Just shut the game down, loaded it back up.

Elf city sitting nicely at 15:34:44

So that's good :)

MaverickHero
01-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Another quick update.

Throughout this whole process, my orc city's timer has been left alone completely.

The issue appears to be logging from a city with a counting timer to a city with a non-counting timer.

Langor
01-29-2014, 09:35 PM
MaverickHero,

Thank you for working with me today online to try and resolve this bug. You have helped narrow the cause of tracing the bug. For the time you took testing and for your help please check your inbox in the forums for a free CD-KEY to the game. Make sure when you give it to a friend that he refers you for a free Ice Dragon and a 120 crowns code that will be sent to you in an email. This code can be redeemed in game by clicking the market in the lower right of the screen and selecting redeem. Thank you for your patience while we resolve this bug. If there is anything else I can do for you, once again please let me know.

Summary: When a temporary PvP Protect Timer is counting down in a city and you create a new city the new city's PvP Protect Timer will start to count down also.

Repeatable: Have not confirmed, three people have confirmed this bug in general though.

Test 1: Tester rebooted computer. Did integrity check of game. Logged into new city. PvP timer paused. Tester exited city and logged into veteran city that has temporary PvP timer counting down. Exited veteran city and logged back into new city. PvP protection timer started counting down again. (Verified 3 times)

Test 2: Tester rebooted computer. Tester unplugged router and did a direct connection to modem. Tester disabled firewall, antivirus, malware protection and loaded Steam. Tester conducted integrity check of game files. Tester logged into new city and PvP protection timer paused. Tester logged into veteran city with temporary PvP protection timer. Tester then logged back into new city and PvP protection timer started counting down again. Tester exited game and re-enabled all firewalls, antivirus and malware programs. End of tests.

Temporary fix: Before logging into new city after being in another city that has a temporary PvP protection timer restart game EVERY TIME. If this does not fix problem conduct an integrity check of game files through steam first (Some users have had to other have not)

Additional information: Did not have tester disable his temporary timer from his veteran city because I did not want to hinder his gameplay anymore than what it is. Most likely server side bug due to testing with full open rights to game.

Suggestion Steps to reproduce on Test server: Create a town and cancel the PvP timer. Have another tester attack this new city to recreate in game simulation of temporary PvP protection timer. Have tester log out of city with temporary PvP timer and start a new city. If second new city PvP timer is counting down this is the bug trigger.

MaverickHero
01-29-2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks Langor!

Glad I could help.