PDA

View Full Version : 3 small bugs in 1.23

Mikahl
01-29-2014, 02:18 AM
Started a desert orc town after the patch. The attack protection timer started counting down as soon as the intro started playing.

My orc hero died while fighting the goblins in town and came back to life with less than half his movement speed, and his slashing damage at -32. Not quite sure what caused this, though I think I might have had the Charge ability active at the time of death. Activating the charge ability to my crippled hero sped him up a little, but amplified his negative slashing damage, causing his overall damage to go down. Re-logging fixed this issue.

Human units and burning pots are still sinking into the tops of upgraded gatehouses. The same is true of the eastern bridge in the elf alpine town. Units start sinking down into the bridge as if they're following the drop in the ground then catch themselves 2 steps later and pop back onto the bridge.

Hope this helps.

Langor
01-29-2014, 03:28 AM
Mikahl,

Great find and detailed notes. With the first bug about the PvP timer can you start another city and see if it happens again? I've heard of only one other report of this happening and it was also with Orcs. He stated that because there was a temporary protection timer on another city it was bugging his new town every time he tried to create one. Do you have a temporary protection timer on one of your cities? This is unconfirmed at this time. Just a heads up. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Thank you.

Mikahl
01-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Confirmed the attack protection timer counting down issue. If you play in a town with an attack protection timer actively counting down, the game doesn't seem to clear the active part from memory when you log out and load a different town.

Testing:
-Got a 10 minute APT (attack protection timer) with my humans. Logged out and created an orc town: Active APT
-Logged out and recreated the town: Active APT
-Quit out of the whole game, came back in and recreated the town: Non-Active APT
-Logged out, loaded my humans with the Active APT, logged out and recreated the orc town: Active APT
-Logged out and loaded an existing orc town with their Non-Active 12 hour APT: Active APT

Only tested this against a desert orc town. Did not test it against any other orc town or any other race. However, I suspect that isn't really the problem.

Langor
01-29-2014, 11:02 PM
Mikahl,

Thank you for the detailed report. It helps further confirm the finding of this bug at the following thread:

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8647

Could you let me know if you are using a steam version or a stand-alone please. Thank you.

EDIT: User contacted me in game. Uses steam client. Does not have to do an integrity of game files check. Updated other thread.