PDA

View Full Version : tournaments

kingtom256
08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
With an idea of the community, will this be a game that sticks very close to the community, for exmaple, having their own section in areas like tournaments.com or gamereplays.org etc.

How seriously will you take the community on, will you stick with them to the very end, or will be like some EA jerks and listen to them only from time to time.

One more thing, if the game turned out more successful than planned, will you help the community by deleivering an expansion to the gaming world,or would you just leave it as it is?

The Witch King of Angmar
08-15-2007, 06:39 PM
With an idea of the community, will this be a game that sticks very close to the community, for exmaple, having their own section in areas like tournaments.com or gamereplays.org etc.

How seriously will you take the community on, will you stick with them to the very end, or will be like some EA jerks and listen to them only from time to time.

One more thing, if the game turned out more successful than planned, will you help the community by deleivering an expansion to the gaming world,or would you just leave it as it is?

Well to me Reverie seems great so far and this whole forum is about listening to peoples suggestions about the game so I think Reverie is much better than EA.

kingtom256
08-16-2007, 06:01 AM
well i agree with you, but id like answers from the big people:)

The Witch King of Angmar
08-16-2007, 10:35 AM
well i agree with you, but id like answers from the big people:)

I AM BIG PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol just kidding. :D

Ryan Zelazny
08-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Community is something we are going to be very concerned with. I think we've already mentioned that we plan to have a service called Reverie Online, which will hold tournaments, contests and also have a very extensive modding library with tutorials and articles written by Reverie staff members. Below is a concept for the site.

http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/popups/online_s1.jpg

We already have an expansion planned, and it should release about six to eight months after the release of the game. Though this may change due to publisher arrangements.

jap88
08-16-2007, 07:16 PM
:eek: :eek:
*drools*

I don't think i'm worried about Reverie turning its back on the community. And i will continue to not worry about that until they wind up being succesful and EA buys them out.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-17-2007, 07:49 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That looks freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man that is so cool you guys have a thing to play your ow music while your playing. I also like the contests set up on the side as well as the themed maps. Man Ryan why can't you release this game now?! This just looks too awesome for me to wait until 2008 to play. Please release a beta to the public.

Ryan Zelazny
08-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

That concept I designed in 2003 (as you could probably see from the copyright and the info text), it's hard to believe I did something four years ago that I still like ;) . There will be some add-ons to that design as we plan the exact features of the site, so far some of the key concepts are going to be: Gamer Profiles, Clan Management System, Modding Center, Tournaments & Contests.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

That concept I designed in 2003 (as you could probably see from the copyright and the info text), it's hard to believe I did something four years ago that I still like ;) . There will be some add-ons to that design as we plan the exact features of the site, so far some of the key concepts are going to be: Gamer Profiles, Clan Management System, Modding Center, Tournaments & Contests.

Wow this looks awesome! You guys seem like the greater EA. I hope everything works out awesome once the game is released. Oh and PS before you guys make the expansion to DOF will you be making any other games?

Thanks

Silent_Lamb
08-18-2007, 03:13 AM
All this may sound a little ridiculous to anyone in the know I think another little feature, something that might just be interesting but completely not necessary, would be to be able to choose custom skins like here. So if you have a favorite race you like to play you could choose from any of the four.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-18-2007, 08:02 AM
All this may sound a little ridiculous to anyone in the know I think another little feature, something that might just be interesting but completely not necessary, would be to be able to choose custom skins like here. So if you have a favorite race you like to play you could choose from any of the four.

Do you mean for the page that Ryan showed?

Silent_Lamb
08-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes. For the general interface.

Ryan Zelazny
08-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Well since I haven't started to develop the site itself, I'm going to be doing a few designs for it before we finalize one. I probably will make it easy to skin, because we wont want to have to redo the entire thing, if we just want to change the look of it.

Ndition
08-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Community is something we are going to be very concerned with. I think we've already mentioned that we plan to have a service called Reverie Online, which will hold tournaments, contests and also have a very extensive modding library with tutorials and articles written by Reverie staff members. Below is a concept for the site.

http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/popups/online_s1.jpg

We already have an expansion planned, and it should release about six to eight months after the release of the game. Though this may change due to publisher arrangements.

Nice one, So what about you design a free site for me ;)

The Witch King of Angmar
08-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Yes. For the general interface.

Yeah that would be awesome. They should have a skin for each of the four factions and the one you get should be determined on how much you play that army.

kingtom256
08-19-2007, 11:31 AM
just come back from my duke of edimborough walking course. IT LOOKS AWSOME, wow, this project looks like its gonna be the most dedicated community servers around, for many years to come

SPARROW94
08-19-2007, 11:46 AM
UMM what in lords name is the this its too complicated my puny brain.....in english whats its purpose

The Witch King of Angmar
08-19-2007, 04:51 PM
UMM what in lords name is the this its too complicated my puny brain.....in english whats its purpose

Just a cool feature I guess.

SPARROW94
08-20-2007, 07:50 AM
But what does this feature do and also is it a site or a game menu for the pc

Ryan Zelazny
08-20-2007, 08:01 AM
But what does this feature do and also is it a site or a game menu for the pc

Right now it is a site, we are still determining if we are going to be running our own match-making servers or if we are going through a service like GameSpy Arcade or Steam.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Right now it is a site, we are still determining if we are going to be running our own match-making servers or if we are going through a service like GameSpy Arcade or Steam.

Will we go on the site from the game or from the internet?

Konstantin Fomenko
08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
One more thing to mention. Reverie Online will be accessible from the in-game multiplayer browser - our way of bringing community and Play Multiplayer NOW functions together.

Reverie Online will also feature comprehensive forums - to talk about anything DoF from strategy to scenario design.
We are also including upload/download section for player made scenarios where everyone can see it:)

jap88
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds great so far.

kingtom256
08-20-2007, 03:40 PM
as bfme 2 did, will you give a list of the well known mod sites, or will you extend and make it easier to mod(as bfme 2 tried to do but failed miserably)
Also (random question), i dont know yet, so you can tell me, is there an official release date for this game

Ryan Zelazny
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
There is no exact release date yet KingTom.

We will be "hopfully" hosting mod communities on Reverie Online, we will post links if people choose to make seperate sites, but we would really like to keep Reverie Online the ONLY place for DoF modding, this makes it easier for people to find the custom content, also it'll be the only place for Xbox people to get it from.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
as bfme 2 did, will you give a list of the well known mod sites, or will you extend and make it easier to mod(as bfme 2 tried to do but failed miserably)
Also (random question), i dont know yet, so you can tell me, is there an official release date for this game

Q1 of 2008. It will probably be later than that though. :(

kingtom256
08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
oh, bad then, oh well, it will probably be worth it, the game seems very intense and fun

Konstantin Fomenko
08-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Q1 of 2008. It will probably be later than that though.
If it is later than that, beta will come out around that time to keep you guys entertained.

entvex
08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
If it is later than that, beta will come out around that time to keep you guys entertained.

sounds good open beta or closed =) ?

jap88
08-21-2007, 12:35 PM
I swear if it's a closed one through fileplanet i'll be ticked...i hate fileplanet :p

LordSlayer
04-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I swear if it's a closed one through fileplanet i'll be ticked...i hate fileplanet :p

You're not the only one.

I think they should make an open beta so that people that don't know anything about the game when the beta comes out have a chance to try it.