PDA

View Full Version : Unable to construct buildings

Deserchaun
01-27-2014, 05:27 PM
After I began wall construction, my workers forgot how to build stuff. Every time I click on any item from the build menu and plop it down, nothing happens (not even the thing where it plops it down for 1-2 seconds then disappears and says that the space is reserved for walls).

I've tried to construct every building in all kinds of places that I know aren't reserved for walls and a whole lot of nothing happens. I'm forest orc if that helps.

It's neat.

Langor
01-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Deserchaun,

I know you probably have already done this but have you tried restarting the game client? Sometimes this fixes issues such as these. Thank you for posting the logs. A Dev will reply to your issue soon if restarting your game client does not fix your problem.

Deserchaun
01-27-2014, 05:39 PM
I've restarted and tried deleting the interfacedata.dat and local_saved_data files in the %appdata%\local\dof folder to no avail.

I created another orc city for funsies and it can construct buildings just fine.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Langor
01-27-2014, 05:44 PM
That is what I was afraid of. Looks like you did a little bit of research on the matter. Until one of the Devs can check your logs and look at your city, could you please start a new city for now. If the Devs cannot recover your city from this bug you will be compensated. I just don't want you sitting and staring at a city that may not be recoverable due to a rare bug. Thank you for understanding. :)

Deserchaun
01-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Aight. I'll reroll. Forest orcs are pansies anyways.

Langor
01-27-2014, 06:29 PM
That's the spirit! If you need any resources message me in game and I will gladly help. Though I hope your issue will be looked at soon I cannot promise it will. Though I can promise you that you will have a Dev reply within 24 hours. Once again, thank you for understanding.

DirtMcGirt
01-28-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm having the same problem but I never tried to build walls to start with. I guess I should try to delete the same files he did?

Langor
01-28-2014, 01:24 AM
I'm having the same problem but I never tried to build walls to start with. I guess I should try to delete the same files he did?

Yes please. Also could you attach your game log. Thank you for your patience.

Posting Log Files
If it is a more technical error, such as a menu loading improperly, we would appreciate your game log. This is automatically written and stored locally, and tells the QA Team exactly what was being processed at the time of the encountered bug.

This file is saved in your default DOF directory under the name of Log1.txt.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of Fantasy"
If you are not running the game on Steam, screenshot will be in this folder instead: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy"

In some case you might want to attach all of your available Log files, they are located in the same folder named Log1.txt, Log2.txt, Log3.txt, Log4.txt and Log5.txt,

To attach your log file - while you are replying or making a new post you will see a field titled "Attach Files" in the Additional Options box below the text box. Click the "Manage Attachments" button below, and you will now be able to upload a variety of files. Select "Choose File" and select the file you wish to attach, before selecting the "Upload" button to finish the task.

If you don't see "Attach Files" or "Manage Attachments" you might be doing a quick reply, in which case you will need to click on "Go Advanced"

DirtMcGirt
01-28-2014, 01:55 AM
Ok, I went proactive on this and did the same things the above person did with deleting files. Did not work. I then went ahead and uninstalled the steam game and installed the web client. Sadly that did not work. Bellow I will post all the logs from steam and the web game client.

I also tested something and deleted 1 hut and tried to rebuild it. Did not work. Would suck to have to start over because I have 40+ hours on this city with almost all unit upgrades unlocked and a Haunter dragon. But life happens and I will if needed.

Steam files on this post, the game client file on next reply. Also, I'm not sure what file on steam will have me attempting to build.

DirtMcGirt
01-28-2014, 01:59 AM
And here is the log from the web game client. Hope these help you hunt and smash this bug.

Langor
01-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Thank you for posting your logs. Do not worry, if your towns are unrecoverable you will be compensated for the loss and your time. Thank you for your continued patience on this matter.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks so much for the logs - we are working on it. I think it`s our building limit we introduced in Patch 22 that`s causing this misery.

DirtMcGirt
01-28-2014, 01:00 PM
yea, I saw the building limit update when I was viewing past patch notes. That's why I tried to delete a building and rebuild it.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-28-2014, 08:08 PM
I can confirm we should have a fix in the next patch. For now though, if you are to restart a game, and try a new city I think it should reset the limit, but simply logging out of the game and loading another town doesn`t.