PDA

View Full Version : control lock-up during co-op seige.

GummiArms
01-27-2014, 01:31 PM
I was invited to seige an npc city with an alliance member. Start normally enough but about 10-20 minutes in my unit portraits (the ones you get when you select one in the lower corner) vanished even though units were still highlighted. At that point, my army became completely unresponsive, could not use hot keys, could not right click to move, and if I dragged the mouse to make a box to highlight units the box would simply remain in place and nothing would happen. As a result, the loss of troops was staggering. In the end, we were forced to abandon the battle, but this seems like a serious issue- I'm not sure what caused it or what to do if it should happen again.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Sounds like you got effected by a very rare interface script error issue. It might happen again - but usually most players never encounter it - as it is quite rare. Sorry to hear about this - and please feel free to ask in-game moderators for some compensation for the lost units.

ReCoder
01-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Sounds like you got effected by a very rare interface script error issue. It might happen again - but usually most players never encounter it - as it is quite rare. Sorry to hear about this - and please feel free to ask in-game moderators for some compensation for the lost units.
This issue is actually worse than you think, yesterday in a PvP match this happened to me, but luckily the other guy was nice enough to just kill the AI and do some light skirmishing with me. Later that day it also happened to me not once, but three times as I was *attempting* to do a quest. While my error wasn't as severe, I could still control my units, the loss of unit portraits and hotkeys was devastating, I couldn't use any of my abilities. I re-installed the game after the fourth occurrence and I haven't had the issue since, but I will have to test it tomorrow as I'm not home today!

But I would seriously recommend looking into this issue, as the player base continues to grow this will continue to happen to larger numbers of people.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Ouch... ok we badly need a Log file for this. Log1 should be taken (well just copied and pasted somewhere) right after this bug happens. This is the only way for us to fix it - as none of our team/testers/mods ever had that, and it`s very hard to fix it if we don`t have the log of it.

Just in case - details on how to get and post the log file: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337

ReCoder
01-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately my old logs were deleted as I was using the steam client and to uninstall you delete all content, including logs. If it happens again I'll be sure to give my logs, didn't think about that until now, oops!

EDIT: Actually unsure if I still have the log file, I can check once I get home tomorrow though.