PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] World Map

Langor
01-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Some suggestions to ease the use of the world map. Most of this is to help new players.

1. When selecting world map your city should be selected by default. This will help new players see where their city is for the first time along with the options to create their army.

2. When in the Transfer menu, your army strength should be displayed in the UI to help decide how many units to transfer over to get the desired army strength.

3. The ability to rename armies! Its hard to remember what army is which through army 1 -5.

4. Army's on the map should have a glowing outline to make them easily detectable. Make an option to turn off in Display Options for veterans who use the army icons in the upper left. (Give army's bloom and nobody will have trouble seeing army's on the map, just joking)

Konstantin Fomenko
01-27-2014, 11:47 AM
1 - is a good idea, added to the list
2 - is surprisingly a lot of work and we decided not to include it for now - too much work (like 2 weeks)
3 - this is in already. Every time u create a new army, or have an army transfer units window open - click on the Army name, and type in a new name
4 - perhaps - but really we didn`t have any complaints about players being unable to locate their armies, maybe we just missed these.

Langor
01-27-2014, 11:50 AM
1 - is a good idea, added to the list
2 - is surprisingly a lot of work and we decided not to include it for now - too much work (like 2 weeks)
3 - this is in already. Every time u create a new army, or have an army transfer units window open - click on the Army name, and type in a new name
4 - perhaps - but really we didn`t have any complaints about players being unable to locate their armies, maybe we just missed these.

1. Sweet!
2. One day though right?
3. I have clicked the name. Maybe I am using the wrong UI :o
4. I see people asking how to find their army on the map in chat quite often. Might be because they haven't created one yet. Not sure. Just throwing it out there.

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: #3 Got it, The reason I did not notice is because you can only do it when creating an army or in the transfer UI. I was trying in the bottom left UI.