PDA

View Full Version : Orc Wall/Palisade bug

Lethalcheese
01-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Oke, so i have built first a palisade, i noticed it was at some spots double, but then i started to make a wooden big wall, so after a day it said wall construction is completed, while i was looking at my walls i noticed there were still palisades and still were built double so i was wondering if people are aware of this, might be a bug im not sure. :eek:

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 02:53 PM
This is actually our "brilliant" design for the Orcish wall, which looks messy - just how one would envision an Orc town. Sorry it`s not as impressive as Human or Elven walls. But in the hands of a skilled player they are even more useful that human or elven walls during a defense - since u get all these small gates in the palisade, while still can use the large towers.

Lethalcheese
01-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Yeah, great so now i got some really weak spots...

ReCoder
01-29-2014, 03:43 PM
If you plan your defense right and have around 16+ goblin huts constantly pumping goblins out during a siege you can have an extremely lethal swarm of enemies surrounding them once they get through one gate, then after the goblins take a chunk out of the enemy or are keeping a portion of them at bay you can use your main defensive force to put pressure on the attacker in another area. So all the little gates are effectively floodgates allowing the flow of your units and working the enemy in to a weak area where they can be easily surrounded.

BlueKnightM23
01-29-2014, 10:59 PM
I seem to have similar disbelief that it's supposed to look like this. if so the design is akwardly done as in some parts the walls are too wide connected to the pallisades and even more looks as if it didn't finish 3629. Also the small outposts that are created around the map are similar with only 1 straight large wall segment being added to the side of a circle.3630 "edit" just noticed those akward end pieces can be upgraded to towers, why it's not part of the wall upgrade is confusing but at least it fills in the gaps made by the thing they upgrade from.

Langor
01-29-2014, 11:27 PM
Hello BlueKnightM23,

I am sorry you dislike the Orc wall design. From my understanding the creator of the walls made it to their vision of what Orcs would build a wall like. More offensive than defensive. Orc's are worried about killing and never thinking of being attacked. This is why Orc walls have more platforms and 'offensive defenses' than any of the other races. But this is only my opinion on the matter. A Dev should once again confirm that this working as intended. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. Thank you.

anghelitus1
01-30-2014, 08:24 AM
I thought its broken or somthing but its quite briliant failsafe to protect archers. Its working as intended. it protects the archers on the walls from breaches in defenses. in human walls if lets say marauders get on the walls will decimate all the archers all around the castle as they are all connected.
Here one has to get in one pocket to destroy archers , then destroy another set of palisade gates to get to the next pocket of archers. and if u don't get to them they will get u.
Its quite Briliant. The pocket walls actually when added together have more hp than the big fat wall next to it. Just build towers at the ends to make it look right spread archers evenly around the walls and build some catapults, set them to fire shots and atack ground on ur city and watch it burn :) (ignore last part if u know whats good for u)

Lethalcheese
01-31-2014, 02:17 PM
So what i am wondering is now why are the walls not the same as in an NPC city like Makkada, there the walls looks perfectly in place and the segments are smoothly conected with out weak palisades or gaps in between.

BlueKnightM23
01-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Ok after upgrading the towers and re-entering my city, the walls look connect and can't see through the gaps in the thicker wall anymore. Also while odd it does look complete. But now the thing is when I look at a picture of my city, say on my profile or when choosing which city to play, the city is completely surrounded by the thicker wall with no pallisade pockets. its one complete wall like makkada or other orc cities with the thicker wall.

ReCoder
01-31-2014, 03:39 PM
So what i am wondering is now why are the walls not the same as in an NPC city like Makkada, there the walls looks perfectly in place and the segments are smoothly conected with out weak palisades or gaps in between.
That's just the way they designed the NPC cities and the layouts for player cities. Also if you read the description of Makkada it says it's not traditional orc architecture.

Hi11Zone
01-31-2014, 04:23 PM
Your walls aren't bugged that is the correct way they should look. Trust me this was done on purpose not only for looks but also game play. Keep in mind orcs can build wherever they want. But fire is really deadly!