PDA

View Full Version : army disappeared now....

NEXxREX
01-26-2014, 08:45 AM
my whole city disappeared yesterday, and the mods gave me compensation. i log on this morning and i move my troops in my city. the game dis connects and when i log back on my army is gone... along with the royal dragon i bought during the sale last night. i don't expect anything just letting you guys know. do you guys know what makes things disappear???

Wilffio
01-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Have you tried making a new city mate? and do you play via steam? if you do try downloading our client instead...

and i am sorry to hear

/Wolf

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 11:27 AM
We are looking into the issue - seem to be rather rare as most players recover just fine after the crash with all assets intact.

Please ask in-game mods for additional compensation, and lets hope this doesn`t happen to you again. But hey it seems like your game crashes quite often - I would recommend you go through these steps to make it more stable.

My Client crashes All the Time
Please follow the following steps:
1) Bring up Task Manager, Go to Processes, and if PnkBstr process is running please disable it
2) Delete your DoF user folder
-Click on the organizer button in any folder. And select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files.
-Now navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
-Delete that entire DoF folder
3) If you are not playing on high visual settings, try check-marking all the items on the left in the options, but leaving Water/Shadow/Draw Distance on your current lower settings

Please try using our own client, we had many reports that it fixes the lag problems and minimized some crashes
You can download the client here, and use your Steam key to activate.
All your cities will stay as is, and you can even switch back and forth between the two clients if you like.
http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe

NEXxREX
01-26-2014, 01:23 PM
well yesterday it was a pvp combat that made my city disappear, this is the first time i had the game crash. and i deleted the city that lost everything, and made a new one wiht the same name. and it crashed and boom my army is gone..

and yes i am playing via steam. and its not to big a deal i can replace everything including the dragon. but ill download the dof client and use that. but this is only the first time its crashed. just sucks losing the troops :S still love the game!!!!!

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM
This does suck. At least the in-game mods can compensate you for everything lost - don`t hesitate to ask them. And while this is a rare issue - really hoping it won`t effect your town again. Might take us couple of weeks before we have a fix that solves 100% instance of this bug.

NEXxREX
01-26-2014, 04:38 PM
should i talk to the in game mods about it? i havnt i havnt yet

Konstantin Fomenko
01-27-2014, 12:55 PM
No need (or even if you have to) - please check your private messages on this forum