PDA

View Full Version : Low FPS in all map instances

anghelitus1
01-26-2014, 03:40 AM
I have done all the things in this post .TECHICAL ISSUES - KNOWLEDE BASE. Read this before posting! (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7417) TECHNICAL ISSUES - KNOWLEDGE BASE. Read this before posting! dev the forum title is misspelled
Sys info (https://www.dropbox.com/s/388its3ja7ubmfq/DxDiag.txt)
Firewall off, no antivirus running.
race orcs - desert. 5 army on map (on of 1300 power rest used to haul stuff back and forth) map, 60 pop out of 90 in citiy
i have massive fps drop to about 5 in city, world map, siege , pvp.
in pvp 4 out 5 it crashes at loading or at exit to world map if we can finish the fight with the lag it has. most of the time i just pay out to end the lag.
Also tried pvp with just a few units to reduce path find lag and render of more units still the same problem i even tried pvp only with hero vs hero still the same result.
i have tried with all settings on low, with sound on low off, in city with 60-70 pop around it lags hard when labor people walk around (path finding it seems to be a problem) if all of them stop it improves a bit up to 10-14 fps.

My conclusion is that a server problem, but i am not sure, don't know how the game works on networking. in other games i had resolved issues of networking by allowing nat-tcp ports in windows outbound inbound rules firewall settings.

hope it helps the dev to repair this game faster.

LE: i created another city of men started well full 60 fps then it gets random drops of fps to around 10-14 fps but less frequent. city is in first day so no more than 20 pop in city no army on world map.

LE1: i have added inbound and outbound rules to allow communication with dof port ( i found out it used UDP 30844 ) still no results same lag frame freeze.

anghelitus1
01-26-2014, 06:07 AM
i ve checked the system done proper clean up , overclocked video card , cpu.
the game is still at low fps with orc town in desert, i have full walls build with a couple of defenses on them I've cleaned the pop cut it down to 30/90
deleted then the defenses
the game still at low fps.

strange fact is that i logged on my friends computer (https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeg7pgmisrjlx92/DxDiagodo.txt) and everything worked perfect at 40-55 fps.

so my final conclusion is that my setup is not worthy to run the game. strange in fact that last night it run smooth but in morning after i build 4 more towers and 5 catapults and 3 rock nets the game got extreme lag.

also the low fps appeared after ive done the steps in TECHICAL ISSUES - KNOWLEDE BASE. Read this before posting! . Read this before posting! ... :mad: orange text is misspelled :p

so now i really cant revert to before because i have to tick back again read only but only on some files and folders and i don't know them. so probably i will have to re-install and live with the crashes than carry on with the low fps.

Wilffio
01-26-2014, 06:17 AM
Are you playing DOF through steam???

if you are then try installing it wiht our client instead please that might fix it for you:

link here to our client: http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe

anghelitus1
01-26-2014, 06:29 AM
yes i am using steam. will try with the standalone installer. do i have to delete it from steam ?

Wilffio
01-26-2014, 06:40 AM
yes :) remember to have you code saved somewhere if it doesn't save it on steam.

/Wolf

anghelitus1
01-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Are you playing DOF through steam???

if you are then try installing it wiht our client instead please that might fix it for you:

link here to our client: http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe

I am sure now that the game had lag and game freze after i folowed the misspelled technical issue post.
i lost all day redownloading the game in steam after i uninstalled , deleted all dof files frm install and user account files and registry.
it now works like it was yestarday perfect fps, still ocasional crashes .
so i am now back at the previous problem.

Just delete the post with the technical resolve u propose so otheres dont get missinformed.
it just does more harm than good.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks for a great detailed post, and for confirming that this is a local issue with your setup. Lets look into fixing it.

As a first step do try our client as Wilffio have suggested. Also please tell me your username and in-game town name (the maxed out Orc town).

It does sound like pathfinding lag, but your 6 core CPU should have no issues at all.

Have your tried giving DoF.exe real-time priority using Task Manager?

P.S. Spelling fixed haha:) Thanks - can`t believe I missed that.

anghelitus1
01-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks for a great detailed post, and for confirming that this is a local issue with your setup. Lets look into fixing it.

As a first step do try our client as Wilffio have suggested. Also please tell me your username and in-game town name (the maxed out Orc town).

It does sound like pathfinding lag, but your 6 core CPU should have no issues at all.

Have your tried giving DoF.exe real-time priority using Task Manager?

P.S. Spelling fixed haha:) Thanks - can`t believe I missed that.

ingame name anghelitus
ingmae city Trolokonia

i deleted some of it buildings in the meanwhile and reinstalled from steam and i have no more freeze or lag just crash in pvp or siege coop.
My friends also have problems connecting or siege. with me and between them in pvp
the game crashes when the game load abouyt 75 -80 % of the load bar. i guess it somthing related to pings. i am from france one friend is from frnace at 30 meters from me so ping its not high and the other is from germany so ping might be an issue
the game should have more wait time to sincronize game data between clients so it might think it gets discconect and also the first intro camera panning around the battlefield cause problems when we get passed loading. bacuase the game renders a lot of stuff and the view angle allows very big view angle distance and cause short lag problem. change the intro in battle.

question : how does or how are reverie game servers involved in the pvp action? or its just between clients one is host and other one joins?

le: the game started to hhave lags and freeze in specialy in town after i chged admin and compatiblity mode for the dof exe and user app data folder and unticked the read only files and folders. so after reinstall the game works just fine( even refillled the city to full pop to check it with army and/or labour marauders). but the crashes are unbearable. might be weekend and more people play now. thats way i asked about server.

after the joining issue is fixed will be back with more posts on some siege and pvp glitches around towers, that u may be aware about. with unreachable units (archers)

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the details! I wish more bugs/lag reports would be as detailed as yours! We are working on this, I`ll have update for you with-in 48 hours.

anghelitus1
01-28-2014, 10:50 AM
i did the same steps that are indicated in the tehnical info at (my friends pc (https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeg7pgmisrjlx92/DxDiagodo.txt) his setup is better than mine)
and after a few hours or less of gameplay the same lag and freeze issue ocured to him.
he uninstall the game from steam and reinstall and wokrs fine now.
so i think the steps there are missing some thing because is making the game worse.
the single thing that works from there with out problem is the delete last save data from user\appdat\dof folder to prevent crash at game start intro movie.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
We are hoping to have a solution in our next patch - in a week from now or so.
But I can confirm using our client is the only solution for now. You can try downloading from one of the mirror sites: http://kw.reverieworld.com/download.php

anghelitus1
01-30-2014, 01:21 PM
We are hoping to have a solution in our next patch - in a week from now or so.
But I can confirm using our client is the only solution for now. You can try downloading from one of the mirror sites: http://kw.reverieworld.com/download.php

I have tried downloading the full client from the link
It dosent download the full 2.3 gb client it stoped at 35 mb, 607 mb, 2 gb. tried downloading in crome and explorer.
I tried the mirors for the full instalerr same errors. it says its complete but when i open it its corupted.
then the mini instaler the 12 mb. it ok, but the download for the game is so slow (around 100kbs).
i wasnt able to play today and the half of yesterday. will leave it overnight to finish the mini installer process.
i have already uninstalled from steam and deletee all files and folders and erased registry entry from windows. hope it works better with the standalone installer.

Hi11Zone
01-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Is it running better with the website client? Please let us know!

anghelitus1
01-31-2014, 12:40 AM
the game finaly installed overnight using the mini-installer.
i tested it for about an hour and it seems fine for now. will wait to see how the game behaves in the weekend when server load should be higher and be back with a reply.