PDA

View Full Version : Bug with resources...

Xalderin
01-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Okay, so I've looked all this up, and even asked MODs in game, and they all say that the rates are just false and that I should be getting more then what is shown... HOWEVER, I got off this morning, and let hours pass by hoping it would fix itself and all... My food rate I know was above 40, and then went down to 10, and is running between 6-10 when it should be lots more. My stone rate is at 0, after which I have had 5-6 wardens on stone, and nothing is happening with it. The others are affected as well, and nothing seems to be doing what they should for rates. I left this morning with 135 stone, and got back on a little bit ago, and it's the same. My food should be much higher, but it's not. I've been breeding lots of Deer (as I am Elf) and it either lowers the rate, or does nothing to it. My gold rate should be higher, but it's not. As well as wood, and it's not. I was told to report this bug, and hope you respond and fix it soon... I want to play this game, but as it is right now, I am not able to play and enjoy. So please fix this. I reinstalled, and it still did not work. I am also using the original client, as the Steam client is laggy to me.
So I hope this bug report will help, and that you fix it as soon as possible, as I wish to play this game, and be active on it quite a bit. I don't want my money I spent to buy this game to go to waste... So please fix this bug. >_______<

Langor
01-25-2014, 11:07 PM
I feel your pain. I too have had this bug. In fact, my resource tool-bar showed -9 for stone at one point.

Possible Fix: Remove all of your wardens from the nodes (ores and minerals). Bring them to the city or some random place in the forest. Then log out and reboot the game. Then log back in and put one warden on a nod then wait a few. Then put one more warden on and wait a few. Do not put more than 2-3 wardens per nod you the resource can dry out and you will only harvest as fast as it regenerates, which is slow.

Note: When you are offline you will only collect resources at about a 1/3 rate. Also, after putting a warden on a node or logging back in please wait 1-3 minutes for the tool-bar to try and update.

Additional info. To see how much resources you are making a minute do the following.

Example: Stone.

Look at total stone. Lets say you have 2342.
Count 60 seconds.
Look at total stone. Lets say you now have 2471

Subtract new total stone from old total stone. 2471-2342 = 129. You would be making 129 stone a minute.

Hopefully a DEV can log in your city and check it out for you. Good luck my friend.

Xalderin
01-26-2014, 12:40 AM
I will try this and get back with you on whether it works or not.

And for the 60 seconds thing, I've tried that, and it goes up by how much the rate shows. Which is odd, since for everyone else it goes up faster even if it shows lower. .-. Or so I've been reading. I'm just hoping this works, or I'll have to wait for this to be fixed before I play again ><

Langor
01-26-2014, 12:49 AM
I wish the tool-bar worked. I make less than what is shown. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/hEa1yHW.jpg

Xalderin
01-26-2014, 01:12 AM
Yea, I wish it would work too. I mean, I tried what you said, and now my stone seems to be doing better... But still probs with food XD It seems like what the rate shows is what I get food wise. And I know for a fact I have at least over 100 deer XD (went on a deer spawning frenzy to try and increase the rate), and it either lowered it, or raised it like, 1 point or a tenth of a point. Wood is blah. I have 4 of those tree spirit things, and it only shows 2 like others. And it prob is only showing 2 for the rate. and then gold, it's little random. 3 wardens on it, with the residence on it. and it does about 1-2, sometimes less.
Oh, and the stone, I also have 2 alchemy lab things on it, but it doesn't seem to do much of anything .-. i got it to work a little, and they both produce 2. something together, which seems low to me >< But anyways, I hope they fix the toolbar and resources. Would be nice to stay on the game for a few hours a day, and be able to do stuff.

Langor
01-26-2014, 01:52 AM
Glad that worked for you. Here is some more advice. Since you are Elvish so I like you.

For maximum income:

Wardens
3 male wardens North gold mine
3 male wardens East ore mine
3 male wardens South ore mine.
6 male wardens South gold min.

Research:
Tree Dwelling -> efficiency upgrade -> Stone conjuring and Gold conjuring.

Alchemy Labs
Build 5, afterwards it is diminishing.

Research:
Faerie alchemy lab
Alchemy scrolls
Mystic alchemy lab
Gold/stone preservation (If limited on crowns choose which one you want)

Tree Symbiosis
Build 1. No need for more.

Train:
6 Forest Spirits

Research:
Spirit Synergy

Sylvan Shrine
Build as many as you have space for. They raise the resource cap.

Train:
150 Deer or until cap is reached.
6 Unicorns

Research:
Unicorn Synergy
Deer Synergy

Settlement
Elven Residence, build as many as you can. Check back every few hours to build more. Increases residence resource trickle and resource cap.

Additional Income

Click World Map
Create an army that can carry 5420 resource cap. (Treants add 500 resource cap each to your army)
Add 5,420 gold to your army.
Right click on the city to the west called Dagbor.
Once Dagbor is reached enter city.
Click diplomacy.
Click Present a Gift. Give 3500gp.
Click Offer Trade Agreement.
Conclude this audience.
Click Livestock market.
Buy 6 sheep.
Click exit city and right click back on your town.
Transfer over 6 sheep to your city.
Park the sheep next to your unicorns.
Watch sheep grow and produce more gold income.

Note: If you need more food bring 2580 and/or 1380 for 6 cows/chickens. (Total for all 3 inc/sheep is 9380, make sure your army has resource cap of 9380 then) If you acquire to much food you can butcher them for a lump sum of food. Or purchase them later if you need more food income.

Additional info
If you PvP a lot or get sieged a lot keep your unicorns and sheep inside your keep. Don't use them for fighting. Instead of Male Wardens use Female Wardens and train them up at an NPC city. Female Wardens produce less income.

Hope you get things situated. Your cities economy is the funding to how active you can be in this game. If you have any questions let me know.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Good break down for the max Elven economy! Hell I might used this on my town!

Ok about this bug - I`m sorry to say guys - this is not something we can fix without creating a whole new system (which we were in the process of doing), but it will take a while. Maybe a month? We even had some players suggest we disable this system all together not to confuse players...

Langor
01-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Good break down for the max Elven economy! Hell I might used this on my town!

Ok about this bug - I`m sorry to say guys - this is not something we can fix without creating a whole new system (which we were in the process of doing), but it will take a while. Maybe a month? We even had some players suggest we disable this system all together not to confuse players...

Yes, please for the sake of new players. Disable it right now. Too many questions and too many people thinking the game is just bugged and not working because of the tool-tip bar. It would save me soo much time in the help channels and probably even you in the bug forums.

Also,

My new city. :) Can obtain around 85-90K gold before the increasing diminishing cap effects me too much.

http://i.imgur.com/vfnqNF2.jpg

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 02:46 PM
We`ll discuss this today and decide yeah. Lots of reasons both to keep and to disable..

Xalderin
01-26-2014, 10:11 PM
As long as it makes the game more playable while online, and improves it by a lot, me and many other players will be happy. And thanks for the reply. This ups the game for me knowing that You all care. :DDDD

Konstantin Fomenko
01-27-2014, 11:48 AM
I can confirm we are disabling the counter in the upcoming patch (at least until we have a new system in), and in addition also fixed another resources bug.

Langor
01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
As long as it makes the game more playable while online, and improves it by a lot, me and many other players will be happy. And thanks for the reply. This ups the game for me knowing that You all care. :DDDD

We have a really great community here. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help in or out of game. ;)

I can confirm we are disabling the counter in the upcoming patch (at least until we have a new system in), and in addition also fixed another resources bug.

Perfect. Just don't forget to bring it back one day when time allows for fixing it. :cool:

Xalderin
01-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Woot, Thanks! :D I can't wait for it to be fixed~ And if you do bring something of the like back, I hope it works great.~ :3 Thanks for being a great Dev~ <3

@Langor: Yep yep, will do. About the only thing I need is an Alliance atm. And thanks for all the help :3

Langor
01-28-2014, 08:11 AM
@Langor: Yep yep, will do. About the only thing I need is an Alliance atm. And thanks for all the help :3

Please check out the Guilds & Alliances section of this forum. There are some great guilds recruiting. You can also ask in General chat and see if anyone will adopt you. Good luck my friend!