PDA

View Full Version : Stutter lag. Not on my end

DIRTYDOODLE
01-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Right so i get stutter lag as in it goes forwards rewinds forwards to the same spot rewinds over and over again going forward in a bout 2mins for every second.

I get it in Co op and PvP so basically whenever i enter a game with another player

My internet is 40mbit

My computer is mid highend

8g ram dual GTX 580's i72600k 4ghz

I was using the steam client before and the same thing happened so i switched to standalone and i noticed that things moved quicker outside of Co op and PvP but the stutter lag was the same in Co op and pvp unforturnately.

So my conclusion is that its server side unless you can think of another option?

Further detail my fps doesnt drop below 40 in any part of the game. The stutter lag doesnt effect FPS its purely connection related.

Langor
01-25-2014, 07:48 PM
We are working on a solution guys. However I can confirm there are two lag bugs - one is due to pathfinding (and is about to be fixed on Monday), another is due to the game matching players with different ping - we are also working on this but no eta as of yet.

Best answer you will get right now. I have the same issues and I'm running SLI 680's :p

DIRTYDOODLE
01-25-2014, 08:00 PM
The ping one definately isn't mine because my mate who lives about 3 hours away from me in England has no connection problems so. Hopefully mines the problem that is getting fixed on Monday WOOP WOOP.

The games ****ing awesome so ill be massively disappointed if this doesn't get fixed.

Its one of those games that just doesn't get boring for me and im looking forward to playing both elves and orc as well not to mention the new expansion.

But i dont think i can continue to play if the stutter lag isnt fixed. I have to pay out every time in PvP and i dont get to experience it at all. and i cant play co op with my mates so just so annoying.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Oh we`ll fix it. One thing you can try meanwhile - is find a player online who has a good connection and leaves not far from you - same country lets say. And confirm if you are still geting this terrible lag when playing with him.

The problem that we are working on - is the game match making right now disregards ping requirements - matching players from different countries with terrible ping.

DIRTYDOODLE
01-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Tried this with someone who lives 3hrs away from me and same problem. #i desynced with him eventually and his army wasnt moving. after a while.

DIRTYDOODLE
01-26-2014, 04:18 PM
we both have good connections so no problems on our ends but for some reason he doesnt lag and i do. i dont understand in the slightest.

Joseph Visscher
01-26-2014, 05:22 PM
can you private message me some of your router information.

If you don't know how to get your router information via router's default gateway ip then this is how:

Start>Search Bar put in CMD > open command prompt > Type in "ipconfig" without quotes. > it should display Default Gateway's IP address, go into a webbrowzer and type in this ip. > it should now be on the doorstep of your router and you should be able to provide me with information before or after you log in. I'll pass this information on to our lead programmer and hopefully we can work out a solution as to why this is happening.

One thing I would like to know is if your friend experiences the same lag in pvp with other players (not you)?

What is your firewall and antivirus? Have you tried disabling them or excluding the entire steam folder and trying pvp? Its possible you have a very strict firewall that is messing with the connection/packets between players?

DIRTYDOODLE
01-27-2014, 09:10 AM
I am using AVG antivirus and no i haven't tried disabling it but i will now.

now doing cmd thing. EDIT - Apparently my login and password are long as ill have to try again later when the person who bought it is back.

I use the standalone client so im not using steam

My firewall hasn't stopped me before on other games but ill test it anyway. EDIT- Dawn of fantasy is allowed through my firewall, but ill turn it off and test anyway

My friend doesn't lag with anyone else the one that lives 3-4 hrs away from.

FINAL EDIT - just did a co op siege and 80% of my lag is gone (Running normally i think) have no idea what solved it but i turned my firewall off. Ill turn it bk on and test. Edit again with firewall on it works fine in my 2nd co op. I think my connection issues are solved i have no idea what did it though, ill test with my mate later and see if it was just him.

Also have you done the update yet?

DIRTYDOODLE
01-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Played with a guy from Canada and have no lag.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Glad to see this been solved, this is we think a connection issue. We haven`t released an update yet - but working on one due in a few days that should fix these issues for good.