PDA

View Full Version : Lag/low fps

Jakfarh
01-25-2014, 02:56 PM
In all parts of the game - world map, town map, PVP and PVE, i seem to be challenged with allmost unplayable circumstances. In PVP especially, i am lucky, if i ever get to choose a unit to attack with (Clicking on the icons 30-40 times before anything happens).

I have tried steamversion, and the standalone, all different settings, and still, no luck at all.

My pc is way more than capable of running this game. Can run BF3 on max settings with no problems at all.

Only other game i've had problems with were SimCity 4, on hardware rendering. Changed it to software, and the game ran lag-free.

Any solutions to this problem, would be greatly appreciated!

In addition: After PVP battle is over, i seem to be stuck at the loading screen? Not every time, but ever so often

Langor
01-25-2014, 03:19 PM
I have the same issue but only with PvP and sometimes the world map. I noticed though I don't lag/stutter as bad in PvP if I let players attack my armies and find me instead of searching. Though I have to wait longer finding a battle.

Another thing I do is I create higher battle rating unites with less than the max population. So lets say 30 units that hit the 400-600 battle rating instead of 60 units.

Also, a good hint that Svulnar gave me. Don't click fast. Click and hold to command units when lagging. Clicking real fast just makes the issue worse.

Really need to continue to look into ways of improving this Devs. PvP is a big mechanic and foundation of the game, and too many players have issues with it. :(

Jakfarh
01-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Ammount of units changes nothing really. Lags remains a constant most of the time.

The "click-trick" i've tried, but quite often with no success either :/.

All in all, what sucks most of all, is that i feel like i've been waiting for this game my entire life! It really hits the spot for me :p

Langor
01-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Same, The first real battle I had I lost my entire army and came to the forums and rage quit. I came back to the game because something draws me to it and it has an amazing community and the Devs/Mods are interactive with the community. Since then I have learned to pay out and hit the World Map button if things take the wrong turn.

PS, I've lost a complete city due to revolving bugs and have since started over but have came back 10x fold. :)

Konstantin Fomenko
01-25-2014, 04:51 PM
We are working on a solution guys. For some players it helped to use our own client instead of Steam: http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe
However I can confirm there are two lag bugs - one is due to pathfinding (and is about to be fixed on Monday), another is due to the game matching players with different ping - we are also working on this but no eta as of yet.

Jakfarh
01-25-2014, 05:19 PM
I have tried both clients with no success. So i would think it is the pathfinding :).

Thank you for the quick response! Great to know that you are looking into the problems!

Langor
01-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Even with the issues I am still greatly enjoying your game. I have full faith sooner or later you and your team will resolve any and all issues. I understand that your team is small. What you have that most teams don't is communication and support for your community. That, is why I am here through my tears and rage quits. :D

But I know you guys were tracking the issue. That's why I said continue. Glad to hear that possible fixes are on the way.

Suggestion, why don't you have it do a ping check when finding a list of possible opponents. That may help? No? Bad pings will skip and find no opponents. Rather fight no one than lose an army to lag.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your confidence - we won`t let you down, but it might take some patience, and time for us to fully address the remaining PvP, CoOp lag issues - but we are working on it. Should have an update for you guys later this week on our progress (Oh and some fixes in this Monday`s patch will make it a whee bit better already)

Jakfarh
01-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Continuing the thread.. I didnt see much to that update.

I would really appreciate if we were to be kept up to date, as i damn near rage-quit today, after loosing my entire army, including cannons bought with crowns, as they decided to suicide themselves on a trap, that wasnt even in the way they were to be going :(. And due to the lag, i couldnt cancel their movements.

As i said, i appreciate any info on the progress made, and i intend to stick with the game, as i see an incredible potential in it. Also, whenever it IS working at a barely acceptable level, it is still a great lot of fun :D... I sincerely hope that you can solve my frustrations here :p

Konstantin Fomenko
01-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Sorry for the delay, the patch is being released later today - it might make it a little bit better, might make it much better - but we can`t grantee this. But please let us know how it goes.
We will not have a full solution until patch 24 in the next few days.