PDA

View Full Version : Building appearance Upgrade

Sindremannen
12-23-2013, 04:26 PM
I do not know if this has been suggested before, but I think it would be really cool when you upgrade a building the appearance will also upgrade. Like if it looks like a wooden hut in level 1 and you upgrade it to lvl 2 it will become a little nicer/bigger wooden hut and it keeps upgrading like that! imo that would be really awesome and I would really like to see it in the game.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. This has been suggested before, but unfortunately it`s not something we can implement.

This does deserve an explanation - as many players don`t realize the reasons behind this.

The cost of creating buildings art for a game like Kingdom Wars is something like 25% of the game`s total budget. That covers 15 buildings per race.

If we are to make some variations (even 5) for each building level, we`ll end up with 75 buildings per race. (Creating variation of a building requires almost as much time as creating art for a new building)

And thus this small "feature" could end up costing as much as it would cost to make two new games:)