PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Majesty 2 is out in two weeks?

Liljagare
09-03-2009, 06:32 AM
That one flew past me, remember back in 2001/2000 when they first started talking about a sequel.. LOL!

Hopefully it will be somewhat as quirky and fun as the original, not sure wether to place a pre-order without a demo though!

Has anyone else followed it more closely?

szebus
09-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Majesty 2 on gamescom: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9261 and Majesty 2 Developer Walkthrough (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8100)

Jean=A=Luc
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I really liked the original Majesty but I believed this sequel will suck. However the preview seems encouraging, we'll see... I really hope the game is a success.

Darvin
09-03-2009, 04:09 PM
The original Majesty had a lot of potential... and a lot of serious and glaring problems. If they kept the charm and premise of the original while developing it further to streamline its issues, I could see this being a solid title. I could also see it easily flopping by either failing to address its predecessor's mistakes or by dealing with them in a way that is convoluted or over-simplifying.

I'll wait till I see some formal reviews before I consider picking it up.

Jean=A=Luc
09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I just watched the 2 walkthrough vids and it seems they stuck to the original formula that made M1 great. I think it's going to be a fun game.

Hope they make enough money for an expansion.

wills370
09-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Wow its been years since ive played majesty. Hmm i think it may be outdated now jdging how far games have come on and gameplay has developed. But hey i may give it a go with a demo and see if its worse playing

Liljagare
09-04-2009, 06:50 AM
It actually looks pretty fun.. :) They even got a few of the same voice actors! "Taaaaax collector!" :P

Definetively almost a buy.. :P Will check demo first though... :)

Kaznafein
09-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm with you guys I really liked this game but from what I've seen I'd like to play a demo before I think of purchasing this one.

xsacha
09-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Wow thanks for this. I hadn't heard of Majesty 2 anywhere.

Some new concepts in here. Units go buy their own stuff when it's available.
Graphics look similar to other games though.

szebus
09-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Gamereactor were given a gameplay presentation of Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim (http://gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=5506) by producer Tom Söderlund at Gamescom.

Liljagare
09-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm actually getting revved up over it, but me not like that apparently there are no respawning neutral lairs.. However, with rebates, I'm paying 20 Euro for it, so, I preordered.. :D

Jean=A=Luc
09-09-2009, 08:36 PM
The Russian demo is out: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429856 English demo on the 15th.

Even though I can't understand the language I still downloaded it, couldn't wait. :P

There's a tutorial and one regular mission. It's basically Majesty 1 but with more stuff. There are a lot more upgrades for guilds, the market, blacksmith, etc., but basic gameplay is the same and everything's very recognizable for those who've played M1 (like the mage guild building itself without workers for example).

Some of the differences are that temples and trading outposts can only be built at specific locations. Weapon/armour upgrades have been split into "heavy"/ranged/spellcaster categories. Magic users now have a mana bar which means they can also buy mana potions at markets in addition to health ones.

One of the "bigger" changes is that rogues are female now and they've lost their ranged attack. Instead they fight up close with long daggers but they're quick on their feet so they can easily retreat from unfavorable situations. They can still use poison though.

Some interesting features:

Rangers have a special attack that does bonus damage against animals (in line with their "hunter" theme I guess).

The warrior guild's "call to arms" button (needs to be researched) no longer teleports the heroes back to the guild hall. Instead it mobilizes the peasants to fight as a militia a la wc3.

The discrepancy between wizards and other heroes is even bigger now. While most heroes like rangers/warriors are cheaper now costing only 150/200gp respectively (rogues cost only 100gp), wizards still cost 500 (like in M1) and they still die very easily even after several levels. Resurrecting them also costs a king's ransom.

Now I just gotta hold out for 5 more days so I can understand all the upgrade descriptions. :p

Kal Torak
09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I've played tons of games old and new, but I can honestly say i've never heard of this one, i'm officially intrigued. (just read reviews and now I must get it lol.

Edit: Tried it, it's very 1 dimensional the replayability is terrible, but the system itself shows a lot of promise, I can't wait for the second one.

Jean=A=Luc
09-12-2009, 07:29 PM
The English demo is out :):http://ih.gyoruspy.com/SA/Majesty2_Demo_English.exe

If you're suspicious of the link confirm in this thread (there should be some mirrors or a torrent as well): http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430814

szebus
09-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Weird, demo out 3 days before it should? Still, i'll give it a try. TNX.

Jean=A=Luc
09-13-2009, 02:59 AM
Weird, demo out 3 days before it should? Still, i'll give it a try. TNX.

Yeah, it leaked, it's mentioned in that thread. ;)

They actually kept that "Sean Connery" voice for the king's advisor. :p

Liljagare
09-13-2009, 05:40 AM
Just finished downloading english demo, it's the real deal.

It's fun, can't find anything to complain about yet... :)

Liljagare
09-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Ouch, their forum is filled with alooooot of negative whinge posts now..

But, I got my copy today, yay for quick stores! :D I love it, have nothing to complain about so far. It's like taking a trip back to my innocent youth of gaming without booze.. err.. :)

Though, there is a built in editor that I guess alot of the whingers are missing, it's capable to importing models and editing LUA scripting.

Start the game with -editor to access it... :D