PDA

View Full Version : emailing members about updates

iceblast
08-30-2009, 03:26 PM
hey @reverie mods.

1. do you guys have twitter?for updates

2. im on so many forums these days its hard to visit all in a week im stuck on a nfl forum so i always go there forgetting other forums, would it be possible on important news you send newsletters to emails? monthly or weekly would be awesome :D

Dunno if this has been brought up before.

wills370
08-30-2009, 04:51 PM
hey @reverie mods.

1. do you guys have twitter?for updates

2. im on so many forums these days its hard to visit all in a week im stuck on a nfl forum so i always go there forgetting other forums, would it be possible on important news you send newsletters to emails? monthly or weekly would be awesome :D

Dunno if this has been brought up before.

Hey, yeah you can already get weekly updates if you subscribe to sections of the forum. i have on the general discuttion thread and suggestions. that gives me a emial everyday saying there changes :)

Just do the same on anncouncements and you should get what you ask :)

LiTos456
08-30-2009, 05:30 PM
I think DoFHeaven has a twitter page for DoF. Dont know how often he updates it though.
Also I post any important updates on dofsource.com almost immediately, well as soon as I see them. So you can check that out. (I usually post every new image released there as a separate news post so it's a good way to get updates).

iceblast
08-30-2009, 06:28 PM
thxs bookmarked site.

nickson104
08-31-2009, 05:37 AM
Could they also just announce it on THIS site too? I rarely check my emails as my main email is rerouted to a second email address as it is an ntlworld account which is now unsupported...

I would hate to miss the beta due to not checking emails... :p I drop by the site every day or two, even if i dont say anything... It would be nice for them to announce beta stages here or at least send a message to the accounts on here of those in that beta stage...

wills370
08-31-2009, 07:13 AM
Hmm id still prefer this to be the main site for updates. My comp dosent like DOFsource for some reason.

LiTos456
08-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah some people have problems with dofsource.... Try using firefox, if you're using IE now. It's better one way or another.

wills370
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah some people have problems with dofsource.... Try using firefox, if you're using IE now. It's better one way or another.

thanks for the tip hmm ill give it a go :) have opera aswell so ill see if they work. FINGURES CROSSED