PDA

View Full Version : Squads or Single Units

Destroya22
08-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Hey Guys dont know if this has been asked before but will the units be in squads lets say 10 archers being 1 squad or will they be single units?

Darvin
08-30-2009, 12:56 AM
With the disclaimer that nothing is final, small units like archers and warriors will be in squads. The size of those squads is definitely not finalized. Large units like trolls will not be in squads.

Destroya22
08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
With the disclaimer that nothing is final, small units like archers and warriors will be in squads. The size of those squads is definitely not finalized. Large units like trolls will not be in squads.

Oh ok, thanks for answering

deathgrail
09-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Maby they will grow as they gain xp.

wills370
09-04-2009, 03:17 AM
how about heros or special units will you be able to atttach them to a squad to become a retinue etc.

Darvin
09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I've actually long thought the idea of a squad retinue might be very cool for heroes, but it's all a matter of how it works out in practice.

wills370
09-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I've actually long thought the idea of a squad retinue might be very cool for heroes, but it's all a matter of how it works out in practice.

Hmm tre. could be a way to limit the effect of the moral bonus also. If it is only affected on one troop. Therfore you would put him with your most seasoned men like any real army. Instead of just putting him where most your men are massed :)

THYMOLE
09-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Thats a good idea, heroes would be better with a lot of passive buffs for nearby squads

Ironic
09-16-2009, 12:57 AM
kind of dawn of war style not the reinforcments just the squad size)?

Darathor
09-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Some squads will be bigger than in DoW.

Ironic
09-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Some squads will be bigger than in DoW.

yeh i assumed so
dow only ever really has groups of squads fighting, so its more like a skirmish rather than a full blown battle
dow2 has even less units but never the less both games are great examples of rts and deal with squad/unit management in a intuitive way

wills370
09-18-2009, 06:02 AM
yeh i assumed so
dow only ever really has groups of squads fighting, so its more like a skirmish rather than a full blown battle
dow2 has even less units but never the less both games are great examples of rts and deal with squad/unit management in a intuitive way

i beleive the squads will also react together much better in DOF so it should also play better. with regard to the skirmishes looking at everything you have to do and all the difrent units it should be quite full gameplay and possibly having more units would make it to much??

So i beleive it will give you the feeling that you had a battle and not a skirmish

Ironic
09-19-2009, 01:40 AM
i beleive the squads will also react together much better in DOF so it should also play better. with regard to the skirmishes looking at everything you have to do and all the difrent units it should be quite full gameplay and possibly having more units would make it to much??

So i beleive it will give you the feeling that you had a battle and not a skirmish

sounds promising

wills370
09-21-2009, 02:49 AM
sounds promising

Indeed. Another edge is the range of units on offer and what has already been discussed the micro management of your mages agasint other mages where you both have to counter and let out spells. In which case certian aspects of battle will be very intence. With a mage easily able to turn the tide of war.