PDA

View Full Version : Ctd

Ashtaroph
07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Now i'm annoyed lol
Playing a quest and suddenly whooshhhhhhhhhhh CTD !!!
Did the same yesterday so came here, read the tech suggestions, ie changing file properties etc, btw am running game from Reverie download as Steam version froze to regularly, anyhow I digress, ]ve done everything that's recommended by these pages but still getting a CTD.
Logs attached, hope you can help because as it stands there's no point in playing :(

Ashtaroph
07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Now i'm annoyed lol
Playing a quest and suddenly whooshhhhhhhhhhh CTD !!!
Did the same yesterday so came here, read the tech suggestions, ie changing file properties etc, btw am running game from Reverie download as Steam version froze to regularly, anyhow I digress, ]ve done everything that's recommended by these pages but still getting a CTD.
Logs attached, hope you can help because as it stands there's no point in playing :(

Hhhhhhmmmmm nothing from tech support yet, disappointing :(

Hi11Zone
07-11-2013, 12:41 PM
We are looking through your logs now, and seeing why your running into this problem, I will keep you updated.

Ashtaroph
07-11-2013, 02:17 PM
We are looking through your logs now, and seeing why your running into this problem, I will keep you updated.

Thankyou :)

Brian Shingles
07-13-2013, 06:09 AM
Only error I can see from your logs relates to InterfaceData.dat

If you delete that, the game will recreate the file and that might help with your crash issue.

1) Click on the organizer button in any folder. Select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files.
2) Now navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
3) In that file, locate and delete the file - InterfaceData.dat

You should also check if a copy of the file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy" or where you installed the game, and delete that too

Ashtaroph
07-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Only error I can see from your logs relates to InterfaceData.dat

If you delete that, the game will recreate the file and that might help with your crash issue.

1) Click on the organizer button in any folder. Select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files.
2) Now navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
3) In that file, locate and delete the file - InterfaceData.dat

You should also check if a copy of the file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy" or where you installed the game, and delete that too

Thanks for the info, will do as suggested and let you know the result

Hi11Zone
07-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Everything work after what Brian suggested? Please let us know!

Ashtaroph
07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Everything work after what Brian suggested? Please let us know!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh logs to follow, finished quest then as end quest screen was loading it CTD'd :(

Ashtaroph
07-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh logs to follow, finished quest then as end quest screen was loading it CTD'd :(
Logs for last nights CTD

Ashtaroph
07-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Logs for last nights CTD

HoHummmmmm getting bored waiting now, have you ever seen a game and thought "yessssssss finally, I been waiting for this for ages" you pay good money for it, you download it, and then IT CRASHS, you contact tech support, you get a reply, you try the suggestions, it still CRASHS you let tech support know because after all you were asked to let them know if there fix worked, btw in case you haven't understood yet, it still flipping CRASHS, I've attached logs as asked, surely even a cursory acknowledgement wouldn't take long, even to say sorry Ashtaroph, we're look at your logs asap, but no, its been 2 days and nothing, nada, zilch ! I have paid for a game I cant play.
Sorry to rant but as you may have gathered i'm not to happy right now !!

Hi11Zone
07-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Going through your logs and trying to fix bugs or issues takes time and man power, which we do not have, but we know about it and are working on it. Sorry for the late reply.

Ashtaroph
07-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Going through your logs and trying to fix bugs or issues takes time and man power, which we do not have, but we know about it and are working on it. Sorry for the late reply.
Thankyou Hi11Zone, I appreciate that your all busy sorting everyone problems and trying to sort normal bugs etc and despite how I worded my message I wasn't having a go at your team, this game is excellent or will be when its sorted, but any game is only as good as its backup and in virtually all cases most users with a problem are in the 1st instance looking for a simple acknowledgement that there complaint has been seen, virtually every user after that acknowledgement are happy to wait for the fix :)

Ashtaroph
07-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Well I've now owned this game for near 5 weeks, so far I haven't been able to play a single game without it freezing or causing a ctd. Today I thought to myself as I cant seem able to play the larger quests without a ctd, i'll start a new town, at least I can say i'm playing the game but even that after 10 mins went CTD.
I am asking myself is my pc at fault or is this game so bugridden its never going to be playable, in answer to myself I note that this is the only game that I get ctd's in, I play some very processor intensive games, ie skyrim, kingdoms of amalur, civ5 to name a few, none of these causes ctd's or even slowdowns, while my pc is getting on a bit in the pc world its still fairly high spec, i'm running windows 7 ultimate, all drivers are up to date, my pc is regularly cleaned and defragged, as you may have guessed I don't think my pc is at fault.
Now to the latter part of my question, you only have to look at this forum to see the number of problems players are having, while I admit some of those errors will definitely be hardware related, its starting to look obvious that this game has a multitude of problems that as far as I can see aren't being addressed by the developers, as a suggestion maybe the developers should forget about creating new weapons or units and concentrate on making a game that actually works !!!
Am wondering what itll take to get my money back for this game and the extra crowns that I've bought but so far not been able to use ?
1 very annoyed player :mad:

Hi11Zone
07-21-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry your upset, you on the steam or website version, because their are some issues with the steam version which we are still trying to solve, and once we have, and also have launched the pathfinding and performance patch which were close to fully testing. The game will run better for everyone.

You can download the client at our download page here:
http://dof.reverieworld.com/download.php

Ashtaroph
07-21-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry your upset, you on the steam or website version, because their are some issues with the steam version which we are still trying to solve, and once we have, and also have launched the pathfinding and performance patch which were close to fully testing. The game will run better for everyone.

You can download the client at our download page here:
http://dof.reverieworld.com/download.php

Am using the website version as I was advised to do that after I began experiencing severe freezing with the steam version, doesn't the website version automatically update on load up ?

Ashtaroph
07-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Am using the website version as I was advised to do that after I began experiencing severe freezing with the steam version, doesn't the website version automatically update on load up ?

How we doing with this problem then ? I see i'm rapidly moving down the pages here lol