PDA

View Full Version : WoW: Cataclysm

Kire
08-22-2009, 12:04 PM
New expansion of wow is announced. It looks pretty nice especially old continents revmap. Damn as i thought i can leave wow it pulled me back in =P. So what do you ppl think about it ?=) i like it.
(Heavy storm started here... comp shutdown must... otherwise would write some more =P).

Dylan Bales
08-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Even though I don't have WoW, the Cataclysm expansion looks cool.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/

szebus
08-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Have played WoW for some months and it is ok, but it was too costly to play any longer.

Darathor
08-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Having played WoW since Feb 05 or something, I have to say that it is a disappointment. It is giving features that should have been already been there and using them as main features. Being too lazy to come up with a better idea than "oh earthquake hits the old continents" is kind of sad. While yes it does seem cool at first, but then you spot whole after whole after whole in it.

Kire
08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Having played WoW since Feb 05 or something, I have to say that it is a disappointment. It is giving features that should have been already been there and using them as main features. Being too lazy to come up with a better idea than "oh earthquake hits the old continents" is kind of sad. While yes it does seem cool at first, but then you spot whole after whole after whole in it.

Well will see... this expansion will be different than other two tho it doesnt give new continent or new class or 10 more lvls, so devs can focus now more on balance, class fun things, better graphic... and stuff like that. Personly i think it will be best expansion so far. Oh and agree that "a earthquake" wasnt a perfect solutions to go but i can handle it =P and holy cow x.x.

It still bothers me how blizzard threat old aliance. Lordaeron-fell, dalaran-fell and rebuild for monkey using (not same as it was), quelthalas-horde side, Gilneas-worgens, Stromguard- ruins and overtaken, Stormwind-still there but you dont get the feeling of old legacy, Kul tiras- unknow (it would be nice if stormwind would be devestated and new homecity would be this, just hope they dont destoy it like others).

Aametherar
08-22-2009, 04:59 PM
I tried WoW multiple times I still think it's a terrible game, it's popularity mainly came off advertising, it offered nothing new to the mmorpg genre and hurt more innovative MMORPGs. Bad all around in my opinion.

MrBlack103
08-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I tried WoW multiple times I still think it's a terrible game, it's popularity mainly came off advertising, it offered nothing new to the mmorpg genre and hurt more innovative MMORPGs. Bad all around in my opinion.
I never even played WoW but I looked at various vids, screens etc and came to this conclusion.

Darathor
08-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Blizzard has constantly made the game more noob-friendly to where anyone can do anything, no matter how much brain-power they decide to use. The balance has taken a turn for the worse and with all the changes it will take several patches to get everything somewhat okayish balanced. They're changing all the stats and ratings and adding new stuff that is just stupid or should have always been there. If your on a pvp server, now if you try to level, all the lvl 80+ people are in the zone right next to you and can gank you at will. And if they use phasing to stop that, how will a higher level help a lower level do quests and the like?

Joseph Visscher
08-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I hate WOW, period, its the number 1 game killer and life killer. meaning it is ranked 1 for aiding people in their suicide and killing all social life in many of its users. (I'm not insulting you guys*)

one case a guy couldn't get off, so addicted that he didn't go to the bathroom, drink water, eat or sleep for over 76 hours, died from well all of the above...

I think games should only be addictive for a few hours, then you need a break from them like fps and rts games; something that actually has a stop in gameplay like rounds or maps, not just a signout signin button that gives way to endless gameplay that never ends...... :p

szebus
08-23-2009, 01:25 AM
... I think games should only be addictive for a few hours, then you need a break from them ...

Maybe a stupid question, but how will this happen in DoF MMO mode ?

Aametherar
08-23-2009, 02:28 AM
I hate WOW, period, its the number 1 game killer and life killer. meaning it is ranked 1 for aiding people in their suicide and killing all social life in many of its users. (I'm not insulting you guys*)

one case a guy couldn't get off, so addicted that he didn't go to the bathroom, drink water, eat or sleep for over 76 hours, died from well all of the above...

I think games should only be addictive for a few hours, then you need a break from them like fps and rts games; something that actually has a stop in gameplay like rounds or maps, not just a signout signin button that gives way to endless gameplay that never ends...... :p

I agree, they shouldn't even allow a player to be logged in for periods that long.

Darathor
08-23-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't think I could ever blame a game for being too addicting and causing people to die from exhaustion etc. while playing. It's not the games fault that you play it for 50+ hours, the person apparently didn't have self-control if he just sat there and played for that long.

Aametherar
08-23-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think I could ever blame a game for being too addicting and causing people to die from exhaustion etc. while playing. It's not the games fault that you play it for 50+ hours, the person apparently didn't have self-control if he just sat there and played for that long.

I dunno games intentionally have addictive elements, wow has a lot of them. I think due to this fact they really do need some limits.

Puppeteer
08-23-2009, 11:21 AM
I dunno games intentionally have addictive elements, wow has a lot of them. I think due to this fact they really do need some limits.
Ever heard of laissez-faire? Let people do want they want, decide their own limit. It's not the companies' responsibilities, in this case they're not doing anything wrong.

Aametherar
08-23-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm not saying that it is the companies responsibility, i'm saying that a responsible company would and should put those limits if they care at all for the consumers safety especially considering the ease. The fact is the mmorpg genre is geared specifically twards getting players addicted.

szebus
08-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Ever read user license agreement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_license_agreement) ? Never, but it may say somewhere something about addiction, or not. :rolleyes:

Edit: Uh, uh, this one is good (source (http://www.aagp.tk/))

AAGP stands for Anti Addiction : For Gaming Preservation

Addiction Warning Signs

Spending a lot of time gaming doesn’t necessarily qualify as an addiction. “Eighty percent of the world can play games safely,” Bakker says. “The question is: Can you always control your gaming activity?”

According to the Center for On-Line Addiction, warning signs for video game addiction include:

Playing for increasing amounts of time
Thinking about gaming during other activities
Gaming to escape from real-life problems, anxiety, or depression
Lying to friends and family to conceal gaming
Feeling irritable when trying to cut down on gaming
Defining Addiction

While most people associate addiction with substances, such as drugs or alcohol, doctors recognize addictive behaviors as well. In a WebMD feature on the definition of addiction, psychiatrist Michael Brody, MD, set forth the following criteria:

1. The person needs more and more of a substance or behavior to keep him going.
2. If the person does not get more of the substance or behavior, he becomes irritable and miserable.

Young says compulsive gaming meets these criteria, and she has seen severe withdrawal symptoms in game addicts. “They become angry, violent, or depressed. If [parents] take away the computer, their child sits in the corner and cries, refuses to eat, sleep, or do anything.”

Darathor
08-23-2009, 01:05 PM
While yes I suppose a few limits would be good and prevent stupid people from dying, it's not the game's or company's fault if someone is stupid and plays for that long. It's not like the game forced them to or anything.

Puppeteer
08-23-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm not saying that it is the companies responsibility, i'm saying that a responsible company would and should put those limits if they care at all for the consumers safety especially considering the ease.
So a 'responsible company' should impose limits?
Therefore, any company who does not impose limits is an irresponsible company.
The merit of 'responsible' relies on imposing limits.
Imposing limits is therefore a responsibility.
The companies are therefore responsible.

Contradict much? I couldn't resist.

What you want is a 'nanny state'. Do you like excessive health & safety, the type that means you have to display a sign saying 'Caution: Slippery when wet.' Do you all agree that cannabis should be illegal as well?
Why would you deny the people the right to do what they want?

nickson104
08-24-2009, 05:27 AM
So a 'responsible company' should impose limits?
Therefore, any company who does not impose limits is an irresponsible company.
The merit of 'responsible' relies on imposing limits.
Imposing limits is therefore a responsibility.
The companies are therefore responsible.

Contradict much? I couldn't resist.

What you want is a 'nanny state'. Do you like excessive health & safety, the type that means you have to display a sign saying 'Caution: Slippery when wet.' Do you all agree that cannabis should be illegal as well?
Why would you deny the people the right to do what they want?

A game with such limits is Guild Wars, However the system is very easy to get around, the timer counts up and once it hits a certain point it signs you out... unfortunately you can just close it and reopen the application and the timer is reset...

And as for your comment Puppy... Such signs are stupid and a waste of time, if I see one I laugh at it (funniest was at McDonalds where 3 were right next to each other) It is just stupid that such things happen, but they do, and a contributing factor is the amount of people SEARCHING for ways to sue or claim compensation... (My fathers company had someone put their hand throw a window because it wasnt safety glass when it should have been)

As for cannabis... yes it should be illegal... I dont hold anything against those who use drugs, it is up to them if they want to wreck their own lives... But as long as they stay away from other people while doing so... If they want to wreck their own lives go ahead, just dont wreck other peoples...
(sorry if that wasnt the answer you were looking for... :p )

szebus
08-24-2009, 05:35 AM
Bit off-topic

... As for cannabis... yes it should be illegal...

I think, not cannabis or the use of it should be illegal, but the distribution.

Aametherar
08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I think when you sell a posibly dangerous product and have the ability to limit that product to safe levels you have a human responsibility to do so that's all. You don't see crack dealers selling their best addicts enough to OD on, they'd lose their best customer, and lets be honest games like WoW specifically target areas of peoples brain to make them addicted, it's no joke.

It may be stupid to you or me but to someone who honestly can't help it because the sensasions are truly overwhelming to their mind are victims of an intentionally addictive substance (and it honestly does sound stupid to me). I realize people would buy multiple accts except probably kids whos parents pay for them, but so what the company could show the tiniest responsibility with a limit given their clear targeting techniques. I think when someone goes too far heck yes it's their fault but it's also the companies job to try to keep their product safe. Childproof cap plix0rz 0.0 Anyways I personallygame too much but i know when to get off my ass and eat/exercize/sleep/go look at the pwetty sun lol.

Darathor
08-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Scissors have a possibility to kill people, I'm sure that someone has fallen on or stabbed someone else with scissors and the person died, but does that mean that the makers of scissors should add caps to put on scissors everytime they're not in use to prevent people from stabbing themselves?
This is a poor analogy and has very little to do with my point because those are purposely malicious or accidental acts.
But the game shouldn't have to implement those to be responsible for their costumers. People will still find ways to still play games even with those things implemented and some people will still die because of their own stupidity and the game will be blamed because society has become a blaming society where it is very easy to blame someone else and make them the enemy to everyone else, who believe you because they have the same mentality as you. They shouldn't be complained to because stupid people kill themselves on their games. They're not police, they're shouldn't have to try and stop people dying from their own stupidity(especially since they have no idea that it happened until it's on the new or something). The USA is a free country and no where in the constitution does it say anything about setting limits on things that could kill you if used overly, especially since the person is stupid for doing it.

Aametherar
08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
who believe you because they have the same mentality as you.
Um, I actually disagree with the point i've been debating just so you know, just argueing the other side trying to spice things up a bit ;) . Can I film your head exploding though?

Darathor
08-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I hate people who do that, Aametherar:D, tons of people I know do that because I make weird friends. I also think you already mentioned that.
And the "you" in that quote isn't towards anyone specifically, just to whoever does what was said in my previous post.
On an unrelated not, playing russian roulette with an unloaded gun should be banned, there's still a chance a plane could crash on you:D.

Konstantin Fomenko
08-24-2009, 05:14 PM
... I think games should only be addictive for a few hours, then you need a break from them ...
Maybe a stupid question, but how will this happen in DoF MMO mode ?

We tried to address this issue with persistent economy and base building, as well as micro transaction - and providing player with alternatives to having no life and grinding day and night.

Sure, you can spend 10 hours online grind and get like 5,000 gold. Or you can play couple of quests in an hour, put all your peasants to work, and yor armies on marauding lands, log out, go out, get some sleep, go to school, come back and you`ll have 2,000 gold ready. (just a rough example)
However, persistent economy degrades over time since your peasants left under your supervision go lazy or run away, so this only works best over 48 hour period.
Additionally you can spend some real money to get the same 2,000 gold. (we are putting a lot of limits on how much a player can purchase though micro transactions)

szebus
08-25-2009, 12:57 AM
your peasants left under your supervision go lazy or run away

This is so so so so so ... awesome and "real". It is so cool knowing the game will give the feeling that you, the player, are in charge of you're own castle and if you are not there then nothing can go the way it should, because the order in you're castle depends on you.
Should there be some royal guards or militia who keeps the order while you are logged out? Those militia could consume more gold as a payment for keeping order and they should function only if the player choose to use them. Maybe implemented in a microtransaction way, as the player buys peacekeepers for real money and they are usable for a week, after the payment has to be renewed. :rolleyes:

Puppeteer
08-25-2009, 08:11 AM
I think when you sell a posibly dangerous product and have the ability to limit that product to safe levels you have a human responsibility to do so that's all. You don't see crack dealers selling their best addicts enough to OD on, they'd lose their best customer, and lets be honest games like WoW specifically target areas of peoples brain to make them addicted, it's no joke.

It may be stupid to you or me but to someone who honestly can't help it because the sensasions are truly overwhelming to their mind are victims of an intentionally addictive substance (and it honestly does sound stupid to me). I realize people would buy multiple accts except probably kids whos parents pay for them, but so what the company could show the tiniest responsibility with a limit given their clear targeting techniques. I think when someone goes too far heck yes it's their fault but it's also the companies job to try to keep their product safe. Childproof cap plix0rz 0.0 Anyways I personallygame too much but i know when to get off my ass and eat/exercize/sleep/go look at the pwetty sun lol.
Responsibility lies with the individual, and to a certain extent the parents.

Kire
08-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Damn you ppl =P, this post wasnt ment to be about addiction =P, you ppl, moderators and even blues gone offtopic x.x . You should all be spanked for that !

Anyway.... to give my 2 cents here....in wow there i see just one thing that causes addiction and sadly that thing is there intentionally, to make ppl addicted.
The thing is... gearing your character up while there are coming better and better and better gears in time and every ppl want to be the best or at least in line with others (so he dont get inst killed or things like that). Imagine what if the gear would be just for estetic look....wow would loose 90% subscribers in a night i guess. ( the other addict can also be lvling but that stops when you reach max lvl, money grinding and reputation also, but you can stop if you are not grinding reputation or money to get better gear)

Ppl like blizz dont have much imagination on how to get ppl interested, without making them grind every day to get better. And this is sad.... ppl with power which allow them to do so but dont do anything... just the most profitable and easiest way....

i personally would prefer just estetic look in way that blizz would have to work hard and think other things to make it fun to play... here kicks lore in (100% would have bigger part in play).

And to the topic about the responsibility that game makers have...
Games are design to addict ppl... some more, others less. The first thing in mind of designers is to make game that ppl will buy (+ they can put their dreams in it-not always). What would you do to make ppl buy it? Well you do game as modern as possible with mods that keeps ppl playing it even after the day they try it. Who would buy game otherwise if you get entertained just for 1 day? In order to do that there must be an addict element (therefore form any game you can get addicted....from some more than others) (so scissors arent ment there to stab ppl... but games are there to addict ppl)

There are ppl that arent interested in games....but there are ppl for which games are made. Now put together the computer itself who make ppl also addicted + games + the fact that you can be better in a easier way in game than in real life. You get addiction bomb here. We ppl are different from one another, so games have different influences. So ppl who make games should this have in mind and at least do something in order to prevent this or at least shorten it.
(it is moral to do that and we must care for each other- for example......what if you were the person with this addiction (imagine that), with his brain, mind, hard to resist games..... now look trough your eyes on that person.... thinking as if you are looking on yourself (when you imagined that before)....wouldnt you try to help yourself ?).

Aametherar
08-26-2009, 05:31 PM
WoW fanboy invasion alert. I never once said wow was like crack or had the same affects. I used a...oh nevermind i'm so not explaining this if you didn't get it the first time, i'm sorry, good luck.

"seriously have any of u ever tried to accomplish for something so long and when u get it done ur very happy?"

That's the main addictive element some of us are referring to, and they always make sure that nice reward to feed your mind and that there's always something further away for you to reach.

Darathor
08-26-2009, 05:36 PM
WoW is a game that has steadily gotten easier and easier to cater to millions more players. I don't like having everything easy, unbalanced, random, and generally stupid. While it is fun in some parts, they seem to purposely change it to where it's easy, simple, and boring. It was a great game, now it's a good game, but when the expansion hits, it will probably be relegated to the okay games' list.

nickson104
08-26-2009, 05:39 PM
WoW is a game that has steadily gotten easier and easier to cater to millions more players. I don't like having everything easy, unbalanced, random, and generally stupid. While it is fun in some parts, they seem to purposely change it to where it's easy, simple, and boring. It was a great game, now it's a good game, but when the expansion hits, it will probably be relegated to the okay games' list.

Indeed, WoW is a good game, I have played it... But I think games such as Guild Wars require a great deal more skill... I mean the limitation of 8 skills compared to countless adds a great deal of depth to its gameplay... The only real thing WoW had over GW is the massive amount of armours and weapons that can be dropped rather than the very limited few on GW

nickson104
08-27-2009, 09:58 AM
u said it was a very dangerous product....in this case all games are dangerous products and should all be thrown away and burnt... and this person wanted to post about the new expansion and see wat u think not have it turn into a addiction post by u freaks go look at the sunset or something,

No need to get defensive... or offensive for that matter... We are civilised here and no need for name calling... And besides if you refer to the majority of the forum including the devs of being 'freaks' then one must look at the claimant... A Freak is abnormal and individual... Freak is the antithesis of normal, therefore the majority wins, by childishly name calling and getting worked up over very little shows that you are just a little immature :p

Kire
08-27-2009, 10:42 AM
this person wanted to post about the new expansion and see wat u think not have it turn into a addiction post

This =),
just quoting that further posters will see it more clearly =P.
And stop your ....you are wrong, i am right, you are freak, i am not.... things =P. If someone post wrong i will stab him with scissors !! really !!!
(nah just joking=))

Edit: /stab Aametherar with scissors in the back, because of the post he made below me x.x
(i am not afraid to use scissors for the future posts that wish to comment like A. did, when he was still alive)

Aametherar
08-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Heheh, I really don't think he even read all the posts, plus it seems he only signed up to comment on this thread, go check out media section or something, this games going to be good ya know. Oh and stop making silly stuff up, I didn't say 90% of the stuff you say I said.

Liljagare
08-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Cataclysm does look good.. but dang, I finally broke away from WoW last year, can't afford to start it up again.. :D

Soooooooo many hours lost in that game! :P Drunk-rage fights in guild over raid loot, angry raid leaders yelling at people.. shesh.. :)

It was sickengly fun though some parts.

nickson104
08-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Cataclysm does look good.. but dang, I finally broke away from WoW last year, can't afford to start it up again.. :D

Soooooooo many hours lost in that game! :P Drunk-rage fights in guild over raid loot, angry raid leaders yelling at people.. shesh.. :)

It was sickengly fun though some parts.

I guess my month i played it for wasnt enough to experience the true fun of it... Level 26 human holy priest :/ It was fun enough, I liked the dungeons but the fact that you were basically leveling for the sake of leveling kinda annoyed me, was pretty much grinding even at that level :(

I would have played it again though, if it did not cost 10 a month!!! I will pay that for the game discs and a month yes, but not for just a month!

Each Guild Wars game costs about 15 (there is a pack that sells all of them quite cheap) and they would keep you occupied for a pretty long time, yet Blizzard have the cheek to charge 10 a month? They wouldnt do it if they couldnt! If people stopped subscribing for it then they would drop the price, they can only charge the price they do because we let them

wills370
08-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Hmm i agree it is alittle expensive when you think of what you get overall. But i guess its the community and the server speed etc that makes it worthwhile. Still think the reductions could be alot better. E.g. family pack etc. would make it more affordable to.

nickson104
08-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Hmm i agree it is alittle expensive when you think of what you get overall. But i guess its the community and the server speed etc that makes it worthwhile. Still think the reductions could be alot better. E.g. family pack etc. would make it more affordable to.

How many full families have you seen playing WoW together? :p lol

Guild Wars has very similar server speeds and also a similar community, although the Horde vs Alliance was pretty cool, Especially seeing raiding parties just playing around hehe :) Westfall as human light priest dancing with an undead sorceror and tauren shaman :)

sneaky_squirrel
08-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I heard there is gonna be a Guild Wars 2, sounds awesome so far with their "events" quests ;p.

nickson104
08-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I heard there is gonna be a Guild Wars 2, sounds awesome so far with their "events" quests ;p.

Indeed, that has been delayed majorly though... it was meant to beta in 2008, then 2009... and now it is unclassified... they claim that the longer they take the more refined it will be (true).

It does look promising, somewhat of a cross between Guild Wars and WoW, it will be a lot more open like WoW, with less instances and it has free movement such as jumping and such... and the new races look cool :) Oh and so far a level cap has not been introduced... And it will use a strong sidekick system such as the ones found in City of Heros/Villains

There is a trailer for it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9XYkJ1lIw

It will also have no sub fees

wills370
08-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Wow looks pretty immense. Hmm wonder how much it wil be in shops when it comes out having no monthly fee's. Wouldent be suprises if they have a heavy influence on buying a prem account or gold.

sneaky_squirrel
08-30-2009, 07:37 PM
What makes want to buy the game is not the level cap, but how combat works and the lore.

They say in GW2 that they are constantly working on the story, so I can't wait to be part of it, as well as frantically trying to run away from something or fighting it instead of just clicking a single key...

DoF should keep us occupied until GW2 comes out though ;p.

nickson104
08-31-2009, 05:33 AM
What makes want to buy the game is not the level cap, but how combat works and the lore.

They say in GW2 that they are constantly working on the story, so I can't wait to be part of it, as well as frantically trying to run away from something or fighting it instead of just clicking a single key...

DoF should keep us occupied until GW2 comes out though ;p.

Wrong... GW2 shall keep us occupied until DoF comes out.... ;) :p

And yes I much prefer GW's stle of playing, it actually requires some skill in that you must make a build for the right situation and you have a limited space, a maximum of 8 skills, it means you must understand the skills well and be well practised... Rather than just spamming the strongest of your hundreds of skills...

But to be fair... WoW had collectible armours which was much cooler... It had skills to make stuff yourself rather than going to an NPC with the materials for them to make it... It had the Auction House which made trading so much easier, Just put your items in and a price and wait for someone to buy them while you go off on an adventure...

Neither game is perfect and both games have gone for different takes on playing... However I personally think Guild Wars wins solely on the fact it has no sub fees and it actually requires some skill to play properly...

wills370
08-31-2009, 07:18 AM
Wrong... GW2 shall keep us occupied until DoF comes out.... ;) :p

And yes I much prefer GW's stle of playing, it actually requires some skill in that you must make a build for the right situation and you have a limited space, a maximum of 8 skills, it means you must understand the skills well and be well practised... Rather than just spamming the strongest of your hundreds of skills...

But to be fair... WoW had collectible armours which was much cooler... It had skills to make stuff yourself rather than going to an NPC with the materials for them to make it... It had the Auction House which made trading so much easier, Just put your items in and a price and wait for someone to buy them while you go off on an adventure...

Neither game is perfect and both games have gone for different takes on playing... However I personally think Guild Wars wins solely on the fact it has no sub fees and it actually requires some skill to play properly...

I agree with that, it is a huge turn down for me when i went to play WOW with its fees. Although i would much prefer to play guildwars also, the enviroments are brighter and the characters less cartoony then the style to which you see in WOW.

nickson104
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
I agree with that, it is a huge turn down for me when i went to play WOW with its fees. Although i would much prefer to play guildwars also, the enviroments are brighter and the characters less cartoony then the style to which you see in WOW.

Indeed, but I quite like the stylised world of WoW... It isnt as if it is BAD graphics... It is stylised and some of its landscapes are pretty and its characters all well made (other than the dwarves which are ugly no matter what you do)
It is like looking at Team Fortress 2 and saying its bad grapgics... It's not... It actually has good graphics but it has been stylised in a cartoony and fun way on purpose... They did it so it would be different to all the other serious FPS games and it succeeded... It is much more fun and laidback due to the approach they took to the game AND its marketing...

Kire
08-31-2009, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=nickson104;17583]Indeed, but I quite like the stylised world of WoW... It isnt as if it is BAD graphics... It is stylised and some of its landscapes are pretty and its characters all well made (other than the dwarves which are ugly no matter what you do)

I hate WoW landscape, look those huge trees and other stuffs are also huge so it makes the world smaller (you can walk over all continent in 1 hour i guess =P) And than those stupid design buildings and cities (cities are sooo small x.x aka lordaeron the capital; houses are made for dumbs.... little house with just 1 room.....). Anyway if i had knowledge and skills and money/resources i would do it better =P. I dont like anything styled in WoW, except Uther is better done than in W3 =P. And Stormwind doors/or any city door looks like they are part of the grounds. x.x
Hmmm hope that, as they stated they will improve graphics in cataclysm, they will also change that =).

I also tried warhammer online and if it would had little more attention i would like it more than wow (aka gameplay - warrior priests are perfect retribution paladins and holy, but still lore lures me back to WoW x.x)

To ppl that dont read all my post... conclusion: WoW style of stuff/things suck =P. (cmon how can poor gnome hold 2 handed sword ....shaped for babies.... 3x bigger than himself and still jump around)

SnakeMan
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I think it actaully looks prettry damned good, and I am quite excited for it. It needs to come out now so I can see what happends to EPL! <_<

Kire
09-10-2009, 05:31 AM
I think it actaully looks prettry damned good, and I am quite excited for it. It needs to come out now so I can see what happends to EPL! <_<

Hope alliance get back stratholme and andorhal and that scarlet crusaders become ally since their evil leaders were killed. And hope it will be more fight for alliance dominance in Lordaeron... Oh and recaptured also Stromgard.

Something also bothers me very much in this Wotlk.... That is ... i thought argent dawn were noble knights and than they got also some silver hand in it so it should be very noble.... than i get quest in (area where is also dragonflight temple) from A PALADIN which wants you to ASSASSINATE Abendis... hello a paladin ??? cmon thats just pure lame, no paladin would request that or he wont be one, end of story. -> a prove how is blizzard destroying lore.

The one other is that paladin must get their faction - silver hand back... so they get also their tabard (not argent crusade !!!!!) and also they need their headquarters (like elves have blood knights and drenai have hand of xxxxx and taurens will have also something). And them made Tirion look bad this expansion -.- .

Deanyay
09-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Hope alliance get back stratholme and andorhal and that scarlet crusaders become ally since their evil leaders were killed. And hope it will be more fight for alliance dominance in Lordaeron... Oh and recaptured also Stromgard.

Something also bothers me very much in this Wotlk.... That is ... i thought argent dawn were noble knights and than they got also some silver hand in it so it should be very noble.... than i get quest in (area where is also dragonflight temple) from A PALADIN which wants you to ASSASSINATE Abendis... hello a paladin ??? cmon thats just pure lame, no paladin would request that or he wont be one, end of story. -> a prove how is blizzard destroying lore.

The one other is that paladin must get their faction - silver hand back... so they get also their tabard (not argent crusade !!!!!) and also they need their headquarters (like elves have blood knights and drenai have hand of xxxxx and taurens will have also something). And them made Tirion look bad this expansion -.- .

Blizzard said they dont care about lore when Ghostcrawler Lead systems designer said that adding in Night Elf mages would be cool. Night elves are against arcane magic when the highelves/bloodelves nearly blew up half of azeroth. Lore is destroyed anyway.

Kire
09-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Blizzard said they dont care about lore when Ghostcrawler Lead systems designer said that adding in Night Elf mages would be cool. Night elves are against arcane magic when the highelves/bloodelves nearly blew up half of azeroth. Lore is destroyed anyway.

Well night elves reason for mages isnt that bad... since they gave up that magic to avoid return of the legion. True that most of them didnt like it even at start (except Azshara and her pupils). But now that legion is no more this giving no more restrict to nelves. But i agree that most new classes to factions are lame (troll druid....tauren paladin...). But i agree that as much noble and honorable nelves are, they would not break that agreement to not use magic even now that the threat is gone... anyway they didnt need it for thousand of years... why would need it now? Just because some 10 year old kid would think nelf mage is cool and pay them more subsribtions x.x

Darathor
09-14-2009, 07:22 AM
The legion isn't no more, so we defeated part of Kil'Jaedan, he isn't dead or anything, nor are his millions of minions.

Deanyay
09-14-2009, 07:44 AM
The legion isn't no more, so we defeated part of Kil'Jaedan, he isn't dead or anything, nor are his millions of minions.

Still got sargeras to down he is supposed to be last boss on the "list" Blizzard has for WoW. Supposedly according to this list we fight him at lvl 100 at I think the oblivion maw or something like that.

Kire
09-14-2009, 07:53 AM

Well i never was hard core player so never did sunwell plateo or any "raid" instance so i thought players killed last legion there (afc i know that sergeras is still alive and that there are more demons in universe, but leaders and their minions i thought they were dead). And yes blizz and stupid reviving of bosses ... like ragnaros that ppl already killed or kel thuzad or sunstrider... i know it its magic and stuff....thats spirit survived and its roaming around till comes to live again (crap x.x, why didnt Uther come to life??? i hate when blizz uses stupid excuses to do something)

Deanyay
09-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Well i never was hard core player so never did sunwell plateo or any "raid" instance so i thought players killed last legion there (afc i know that sergeras is still alive and that there are more demons in universe, but leaders and their minions i thought they were dead). And yes blizz and stupid reviving of bosses ... like ragnaros that ppl already killed or kel thuzad or sunstrider... i know it its magic and stuff....thats spirit survived and its roaming around till comes to live again (crap x.x, why didnt Uther come to life??? i hate when blizz uses stupid excuses to do something)

In sunwell raid you were pushing Kil'Jaeden back through Kael'thas' portal he was opening up. Sergeras is a titan that has gone corrupt from many bad things he had done I think. (titans created azeroth and other planets.) Ragneros to was only summoned he got pushed back to the elemental plane so we fight a stronger ragnaros as he is at full strength.

Darathor
09-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Tauren paladins and priests should never happen according to lore because the only paladins and priests near the tauren are trolls and dwarves, and the tauren don't seem like they would just forget the earth mother for the light. I don't really have a problem with those class/race combinations.

I look forward to referring to them as divine bovines or holy cows.:) Though I will have quit before the xpac.

Kire
09-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Tauren paladins and priests should never happen according to lore because the only paladins and priests near the tauren are trolls and dwarves, and the tauren don't seem like they would just forget the earth mother for the light. I don't really have a problem with those class/race combinations.

I look forward to referring to them as divine bovines or holy cows.:) Though I will have quit before the xpac.

Paladins: The one human bishop (dont remember name) during the second war knew that monks/priests are to weak and to increase chances to win war he knew that need changes. Thats why he formed paladins-holy warrriors (knights of the silver hand), which they possesed healing during fight and had great defence and melee attacks. The first paladin was Uther..... blablala..... than later due to low numbers they accepted also dwarves.

And now come blizzard.... Drenai: They know light..... they can be priests and paladins... why paladins ? I didnt see anyone inviting them into the order. Same with Belves and future cows.
Read again the meaning of paladin from above. And now ask yourself how can they be paladins?.

Anyway paladins in wow atm dont look like paladins (spell wise). And Blizzard SHOULD !!!!ONE!!!!!! rename belves paladins to blood knight and similar to drenai ones and future cows.
They are not and will never be a paladins.......

Sorry for nerdrage =P i just cant stand ignorant ppl messing with paladins x.x

Darathor
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
The draenei know the light through the naaru, and the blood elves do too. They aren't called paladins though in the lore, just as a class in-game so there isn't confusion. Blood elves=blood knights, draenei=vindicators.

I have to agree that they have screwed up what paladins and many other classes are about, especially lore-wise.

Deanyay
09-15-2009, 01:13 AM

According to Blizzard the taurens will turn to their sun god for their source of the light. Like forsaken for the forgotten shadow which is a more delfish version of what the humans use or the Belves using the light from a naaru.

Darathor
09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Tauren have a sun god!?

Ironic
09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Tauren have a sun god!?

apparently yes, maybe they just looked at their fluorescent light too long i dunno

iv played wow for a fair few years know, mostly because its still good fun if u have a few mates along for the ride, even if the game play is getting quite stale.

Kire
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Something just come to my mind...about how stupid is the theory of tauren paladin .....

As blizzard said they need to worship light/sun because of balance (this is done already with shaman-earth, and druids (nelf- aka elune - night)).

But now something came to my mind.... everything on this earth strive to be balanced. So if this is true and that blizz reason, than because of balance christians should worship devil, to balance it with good side - god.

Second thing is ... you cannot be paladin just because you worship sun.... create a sunknight or anything (oh primitive indianslike ppl dont know the meaning of knight...) ... so its sunwarrior. As of thinking at blizz... if i now decide to worship a sun, i am paladin =O, nice isnt it ?=).

WTB better excuse.....

Ironic
09-24-2009, 12:29 AM
I think the line is that though the taurens think they are praying to their sun god its really the same "light" which other palidans and preists pray to, as in though the deity has many faces it is all esentialy the same beeing and force

that said i dont agree with the new race / class combos, along with tauren using the light we have arcane magic weilding night elves, who had previously kicked out all arcane magic users for the taint it apparently bought:rolleyes:

how times change eh?

Swift sword
11-07-2009, 03:15 PM
The only part I ever enjoyed about WoW was probably the PvP, the fartherst i got on a character was a level 32 or something like that nightelf priest. I ended up loving hunters though :)

Really, LoTRO is better than WoW in my opinion in regards to avoiding the grind. Heck, I saw a post complaining about how fastthey were leveling through quests. Also, the story line is good. Much better than WoW's.

I never experienced Guild Wars much, although I did play it some. It was a bit fun, but I really missed the "MMO" feeling in it. It felt more single-player to me.

I don't plan on getting the WoW expansion, although the Continents revamp sounds good. Lot better than focusing completely on upper-level content all the time.

EmpressHebihime
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
The Cataclysm Expansion is pretty cool and so on but I don't like most people who whine about N.Es being mages not really lore good. It's actually only weird with(And seriously not Lore based) tauren paladins and priests. But the rest is pretty god damn awesome.

blackfang
02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
WoW is not a lore based game. It is a game based on changing the lore. Others have to adept to wow since wow is almighty and mind controlling. Seriously why do they destroy the books by adding random contents. I love the warcraft books:mad:

EmpressHebihime
02-14-2010, 05:54 PM
The Warcraft franchise is built up on a great lore story in the latest expansion and TBC they put up more of the lore based quests like wrath gate with the cinematics. Btw I like the books too but WoW is only mind controlled on those who just don't get there's more to life than just one game. (Also I don't like when they put in random content too)

blackfang
02-15-2010, 01:03 AM
:D Finally someone who understand me! :) YAY:) I have nothing against the warcraft series i just hate the wow that destroys everything i hold dear in warcraft. First of all of course i hate it when a strategy game becomes a click and pwn type of game, the second is that i read a lot of the books. Most of those books got some info in them that wow changed. Its not fun to read it after playing wow. However i like the mounts in wow, they are fun.:D I just played wow to say yes i played it yes i hate it:p However i can understand that someone like it, i mean some people love the point and pwn system that they got. Others just like following a guided path through a world. Thats just the way the world goes:rolleyes:

EmpressHebihime
02-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Exactly. And the third thing that people like to do in warcraft is to endulge into lore and Rp alot instead of being someone who just running around pwn/lvling all the time. (P.S My favorite of the books is The Rise of the Lich-King: Arthas:D)

Kire
02-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Exactly. And the third thing that people like to do in warcraft is to endulge into lore and Rp alot instead of being someone who just running around pwn/lvling all the time. (P.S My favorite of the books is The Rise of the Lich-King: Arthas:D)

I was trying to buy that book, but heard later that, if you played warcraft games, you dont miss anything and that it is not written good. True?

blackfang
02-15-2010, 02:31 PM
My favourite is the sundering and those about thrall Everything that is:D I think i got a book on how the horde started and a book on something later:D Its a long time since i read them.

EmpressHebihime
02-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Well I have only read Rise of the Lich-King sadly but there ain't that many warcraft books in stores here in sweden. I would love to read the more in depth books.

blackfang
02-16-2010, 07:24 AM
here in norway its even less... No warcraft books in my town, have to go all the way to kristiansand or arendal... TERRIBLE:mad:

Liljagare
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Amazon rocks for ordering those... :D

HolyPollo
02-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Man I used to be a WoW addict way back in the day. Then I started med school and realized I couldn't sit around waiting for a guild group to gather for Kara, then if we were flawless, maybe get through in 2-3 hrs, for just a chance to get some of the loot that I needed. It became more of a chore than enjoyable. Now I'm hoping for a game I can enjoy, pick up, then put down.

blackfang
02-22-2010, 08:06 AM
thats the kinda game i like, thats why i always turn back to css in the end... There are few games with re playability out there.

EmpressHebihime
04-01-2010, 01:25 AM
There are few games with re playability out there.

So true. I go back and forth from games all the times. BUt I think that my most played game is WoW since it's an online game with great things and such. BUt I use up half of my game time socialising with my guild. xD

blackfang
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
So true. I go back and forth from games all the times. BUt I think that my most played game is WoW since it's an online game with great things and such. BUt I use up half of my game time socialising with my guild. xD

Well its :o to say that but well, thats what i used all my 6 months of gametime:eek: Chatting with my guild and other possibly cool people, i was far behind on lvling because i hated to kill animals. It was simply too boring, anyways i survive...

welshie
04-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Meh Wow boring me atm, raiding is too easy. And with wireless conection its pants >.< only thing that excited me wahtthe fact there Finally opining up vinalla wow and Gnome priests \o/

crispyg29
04-02-2010, 01:09 PM
i always got bored after i hit lvl 24 because i felt after that point it felt like i was just grinding along and it was no fun anymore

Kire
04-02-2010, 04:16 PM
only thing that excited me wahtthe fact there Finally opining up vinalla wow and Gnome priests \o/

I would still rather have vanilla server ... tho i never had fun with WoW from start of TBC on, as i had in vanilla and i did play paladin !! (some ppl say you cant compare "fun" with "vanilla paladin" =)).

blackfang
04-04-2010, 08:28 AM
i always got bored after i hit lvl 24 because i felt after that point it felt like i was just grinding along and it was no fun anymore

Wow you are like me:O I had 4 lvl 24 characters and i had one 25 (my main...) I just felt it was so boring after lvl 24, so i started the letherworking profession and i got max skills withing no time it seemed:D It is great with friends providing:p Anyways my lvling time was one day of lvling to lvl 20 and a month or two to lvl 24 and then giving up...

My last experience was that my wow account was hacked, then i quit... Later on i found out who the hacker was:rolleyes: He was a good friend of a friend of mine, it was really fun... The hackers even lvled a undead rogue to lvl 46 for me until i took it back and removed it from the surface of the earth:D

welshie
04-04-2010, 11:39 AM
meh 24 is easy lvling, i find 35-40 hard and boring lol. Last chara i lvled think hes lvl 72 bored the crap outa me when i hit litch king area, already having 2 lvl 80's gave up on it :P frave lvl is 55-62 as the vinalla dungeons are the best!

Kire
04-04-2010, 04:17 PM
lvl is 55-62 as the vinalla dungeons are the best!

Yea that Scholomance or old stratholme or even 10 man ubrs are nice =). And with vanilla characters in there was much more fun to play (not with new tbc or wotlk talents, spells or other class changes).
Anyone else would rather played on vanilla server instead of wotlk (not talking about incoming cata since we will see what future holds)?
The downside of vanilla for me is long lvling (i needed for my pala a good year to come from 0-60 but had muchhhh fun) and had more mana problems =(.

And dont say about boring lvling if you didnt made 10 lvls (around 45 to 55) just with seal of light and auto attacks as paladin with twohander =P (tho with that i had very few downtime and didnt have to eat/drink at all =)).

welshie
04-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Aye, and money is so easy to farm now. Epic flying mounts are cheap :( even in tbc they wernt too expensive. But epic ground mounts in vinalla were like amg save for months! and never rly lvled a pala past 30, them mages and locks never rly liked.