PDA

View Full Version : Looting and other problems (Why no "known bugs" list?)

mackman
06-22-2013, 02:46 PM
So... since there's no "known bugs" page, I guess I'll just list the bugs I've encountered:

All of this is for HUMANS.

-Looting: Sometimes my peasants forget how to loot, except for one dude. I can always count on that one guy, but everyone else will just stand there amidst the incredible carnage, not doing anything.

-Siege Engines don't level up? I mean, i've gotten a ton of kills with them, but they never level up. If this is intended, it definitely needs to be on listed on the unit somewhere.

-Human's houses overlap and it looks super dumb. They overlap with each other, with other buildings, and even the walls go straight through them. Instead of location being randomized in the town (as it seems to be), I think it should follow a pre-set pattern.

-Town forgets what tech I've researched (or possibly just Masonry). When I look at something that requires Masonry, it tells me I don't have it. Then, when I go to Blacksmith to confirm that I do have, it works again.

-The way in which peasants get wood is incredibly non-intuitive. Why are my peasants always moving and gathering wood from locations which seem further away? Why do they walk halfway across the map after cutting down a tree?

-On that note, maybe it's just that the pathing for peasants is super messed up, because no matter what they're harvesting, I'll notice them walking past the wagon drop-off point, wandering around, just kinda chilling, before dropping off their stuff and heading back to work.

-When going through the "campaign" and attacking AI strongholds, they all have trebuchets on the wall, but they never fire. That's probably because you guys forgot to give the AI strongholds stone? I mean, I love the fact they never fire, but it is kinda sad...

Don't get me wrong: This game is super fun. I anticipate playing it for a while longer... but I can't imagine recommending it to more than one or two people in the state it's in.

Captain
06-22-2013, 03:08 PM
I made a bug list, you can add bugs onto there if you want.

mackman
06-22-2013, 03:41 PM
I saw that, but I didn't want to hijack your thread. Maybe you could edit it to ask other people to post any bugs they don't already see there?

maddbomber83
06-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Hahaha, Captain just volunteered to be the community bug man!

mackman
06-24-2013, 12:11 AM
NOTE: I've posted a revised and updated list of the bugs in Captain's thread at http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7812

I advise everyone else look through that thread and post their bugs in replies to it, so we'll have a consolidated list.

Zvonzi
06-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Replied to Captain's thread :)