PDA

View Full Version : Developer Blog?

Konstantin Fomenko
08-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Developer Blogs is something we are considering at the moment. Quite a few developers have a blog section on their game`s website, so this is a small poll to see if this is something our community might be interested in.

It might be nice to read what game scripters are working at atm - like burning grass or dynamic forest fires for example (can`t wait to try this in-game myself next week)

So if there`s enougth interest we would oblige and go ahead with this blooog thing.

Darvin
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
If you've got something important to say, then say it. Otherwise, content for the sake of content probably isn't necessary. My vote is not to make a regular feature of it.

Tbeaz161
08-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I think it would be great to have if it was just kind of like a secondary/hobbyish thing and wasnt actually taking any time out of developeing the game.

Aametherar
08-12-2009, 01:59 AM
I think you guys are doing a great job of keeping us updated at the moment so there is no need for a dev blog in my opinion.

Ndition
08-12-2009, 05:08 AM
A developers blog or journal would be great!

szebus
08-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Developer Blog is not a bad thing, but at the moment I have voted for finishing the game as others say, you already doing a great job of keeping us updated.

LiTos456
08-12-2009, 08:47 AM
I voted yes but changed my mind. I think we're fine right now... You should focus on getting the game ready.

wou129
08-12-2009, 12:00 PM
i think not the game shoud be compleated as fast as posible (you guys got a lot of conpation -starcraft 2- -Command & Conquer 4- - supreme commander 2 - and i bet there are more )

Aametherar
08-12-2009, 12:08 PM
i think not the game shoud be compleated as fast as posible (you guys got a lot of conpation -starcraft 2- -Command & Conquer 4- - supreme commander 2 - and i bet there are more )

I agree about completion but of the beta phase so it can be more thoroughly tested and refined, I believe the release date is already pretty solid based on previous posts. Early 2010 later 2010 if it's delayed, and thats partly because SC2. As for C&C that series died for me a long time ago it's peak was C&C Red alert. After that they kinda went downhill, though I guess C&C2 was ok. But the series is just 1 big rehash over and over imo, and not always in a good way. I don't see Supreme commander 2 cutting into DOFs base though.

zach12wqasxz
08-12-2009, 03:08 PM
for the ppl who dont have a beta key(me and many others) i think u guys should put all time and effort on the game,

Darathor
08-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Perhaps having a blog after the game comes out, so we know what's going to be added and stuff. Right now, though, I would rather you guys finish the game first.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-12-2009, 06:13 PM
I think a blog would keep things interesting and add to us as the consumer's knowledge about various information on the game that could prove invaluable for future gameplay.

kyama
08-12-2009, 11:24 PM

I believe the only competition would be starcraft 2. But if they focus on making skirimish mode a fast paced game and not sim city like, then most likely ppl will play both.

Supreme
08-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Perhaps having a blog after the game comes out, so we know what's going to be added and stuff. Right now, though, I would rather you guys finish the game first.

Theyre called patch notes :) .

I guess a blog would keep it interesting for the community while good trailers will attract new players. As the community isnt complaining about the amount of new information id go for a quicker launch and better trailers.

LiTos456
08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
for the ppl who dont have a beta key(me and many others) i think u guys should put all time and effort on the game,

There are still plenty of ways to win beta keys, dofsource is running a contest now and it's not the last.